PDA

View Full Version : GPS your crew?

blade cutter
01-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Those of you utilizing GPS to track your crew and equipment....

-Who do you use?
-Cost of unit?
-What are its options?
-Monthly cost?
-And how do you like it?

Thanks.

br549oicu8
01-11-2010, 08:55 AM
When I checked into it, the monthly cost was more than I was willing to spend. Seems like it was around $60 or so per truck.

topsites
01-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Perhaps instead of addressing the solution we could address the problem
which I suspect to be slacking, unfortunately if slacking is the problem I
further suspect it's not going to be easy to get rid of.

Once a crew entrenches itself like this it's like trying to break a bad habit, on the other hand
so long they perform relatively well it might be best to tolerate this too, in the sense that one
shouldn't try and fix what ain't broken.

I see it all the time, what must be employees doing the Mexican Siesta lol

But then I think to myself how I slack off my own dang self, work sucks, what else can you do?

BearWise Landscapers
01-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Those of you utilizing GPS to track your crew and equipment....

-Who do you use?
-Cost of unit?
-What are its options?
-Monthly cost?
-And how do you like it?

Thanks.

This is a great question. You can also receive large discounts on your equipment floater insurance (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=300435) by utilizing GPS to track stolen equipment.

I am interested to find out all of these answers as well. Let us know what you find out and if you decide to utilize one of these systems.

Thanks

meets1
01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I would be interested as well. Hand held units as in phones / truck or actual mounted units / truck. To me it is not knowing what there doing but to be more efficent such as why were you at that yard,snow removal, etc job for so long - oh didn't we tell you / write it down, we did X amount of extra work for X - that is money/billing I may be missing out on much less trying to be more efficient.

hackitdown
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
I just use this site to track them via cell phone locator service. It is free.

http://www.themobiletracker.com/english/index.html

albhb3
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
u suck! jk

DUSTYCEDAR
01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
thats funny

blade cutter
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the insight Topsites but there is no problem. There are also no employees as a new crew will be coming in. I will not be on that crew.

I want to know if someone is speeding and for the purpose of GPS............tracking. Its an additional insurance policy. I will tell them the truck is equipped with GPS and prevent there from being any issues. If they have a problem with it, they won't be working for me.

Some units will tell you how hard the brakes were used too. A potential for pointing out unsafe driving habits such as tailgating. The truck is part of the company and its an investment. Without trucks, I'm out of business and I will not lose to stupidity.

meets1
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Cool info the way the map starting showing you the house and bam - there they are!

bushog
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I`ve been looking at GPS tracking also, have looked at alot of different one`s. Rocky Mountain Tracking seems to me to be the best i have found. I`m considering going with there Informer lite. After looking at alot of different GPS things I`m convinced you are gonna have to get your check book out each month for the good one`s , atleast for the options and tracking information i`m after.