PDA

View Full Version : bobcat fastcat pro

exclusive contracting
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
are they any good any advice will help thanks

milo
01-11-2010, 11:20 AM
yes they good i have 1 for sale 600 hours 28efi kohler 61 inch 4800. i have 3 mowers and just need to sell one. i dont care what one sells all work great. but they are as good as all the good ones out like exmark, scag, hustler

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I dont like the jerkyness of the transaxles, and the tires are to small.

exclusive contracting
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
any suggestions on other ztm

milo
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I dont like the jerkyness of the transaxles, and the tires are to small.
what are you talking about? they have same size tires as all other ztr's and they are not jerky unless your steering dampeners are bad

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Well Milo first off all ZTR's don't have the same size tires! 2) the tires are 20"x 8" or optional 10" on fastcat pro, 99% of commercial ZTR tires are 22" x 12" and up! 3) the transaxles on a Fastcat Pro are Hydrogear ZT2800's and the only other machines that I can find with Hydrogear ZT2800 transaxles is residential. 4) I had a unit with Hydrogear ZT2800 transaxles and when you compare it to a pump and wheel motor system the hydrogear ZT2800 it is insanely unpleasent to drive (my machine was brand new with less than an hour on it, the dampers where not bad!). 5) WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS, WHY SPEAK LIKE YOU DO?

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Sorry exclusive contracting, I wonder why Milo is selling his machine? Anyway I would suggest a real bobcat ProCat and up. Toro Z400 series, Hustler Z4, Exmark Laser Z, and a great buy for the money a gravely XDZ100 series or XDZ200 series. Make sure you get something with pumps and wheel motors not a unitized transaxle, thats how to tell a true commercial mower. Compare that bobcat fastcat specs to a Toro Titan HOMEOWNER mowers specs. It is the same exact thing except the toro has a Kohler, so does the Kawi turn the mower into a full commercial unit... I think not!

MONTE
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Actually zt2800's were made in a commercial model and a residential model the diffrence was steel cut gears in the pro model. They have now renamed them to a zt3100 to cut out on the confusion. There are still several of the original pro 2800 in the field. The fast cat is a smooth machine and the 61" fastcat is really smooth but it has the 3400 in it. transaxle machines are usually smoother than a pump wheel motor machine but to each there own!

MONTE
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Not that I care but the bobcat fastcat and a toro titan are two diffrent machines totally! Just look at the build diffrence in the two!

milo
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Well Milo first off all ZTR's don't have the same size tires! 2) the tires are 20"x 8" or optional 10" on fastcat pro, 99% of commercial ZTR tires are 22" x 12" and up! 3) the transaxles on a Fastcat Pro are Hydrogear ZT2800's and the only other machines that I can find with Hydrogear ZT2800 transaxles is residential. 4) I had a unit with Hydrogear ZT2800 transaxles and when you compare it to a pump and wheel motor system the hydrogear ZT2800 it is insanely unpleasent to drive (my machine was brand new with less than an hour on it, the dampers where not bad!). 5) WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS, WHY SPEAK LIKE YOU DO?

i have no clue about the lower models your taking about. i have the higest gas engine model they offered in 05 its a 61 inch 28hp efi kohler and i have 3 zero turn's a hustler super z, exmark lazer z and my bobcat. i am selling 1 of them i dont care what one i sell but all 3 have same front and rear tires 24 12 12 and the 6.5 by 6. and mine is not jerky and out of all 3 has the lightest nimble feel of any zero turn i owned and trust me i have owned ALOT of ztr's but i dont buy the low end crap any company makes. i might be wrong about the low end models but their top models are right up there with the rest of the big boys

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM
The fast cat pro is a brand new model out for commercial use. The old fastcat was bobcats residential zero turn. Now they have the fastcat pro. The mower that you have Milo is not a fast cat then, you must have a procat, which if that is the machine you have they are very nice. Here is a fast cat pro:

http://www.bobcatturf.com/products/ztm/fastcat_pro/index.html

ALL fastcats come with 20" tires and ZT2800 tranaxles and the largest engine available is a 23 hp.... so I am led to believe we are talking about different machines. All the information I gave here was out of my dealers mouth, and you made me question and go to the website, but he was right. He told me "You don't want that machine, it is a residential unit with a commercial warranty" and specs say he is right.

Sorry to hijack your thread exclusive contracting

MONTE
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Actually the fastcat 61" comes with a 24hp kaw or 23hp vanguard and has zt3400 driveline with 23" tires on it.

milo
01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
The fast cat pro is a brand new model out for commercial use. The old fastcat was bobcats residential zero turn. Now they have the fastcat pro. The mower that you have Milo is not a fast cat then, you must have a procat, which if that is the machine you have they are very nice. Here is a fast cat pro:

http://www.bobcatturf.com/products/ztm/fastcat_pro/index.html

ALL fastcats come with 20" tires and ZT2800 tranaxles and the largest engine available is a 23 hp.... so I am led to believe we are talking about different machines. All the information I gave here was out of my dealers mouth, and you made me question and go to the website, but he was right. He told me "You don't want that machine, it is a residential unit with a commercial warranty" and specs say he is right.

Sorry to hijack your thread exclusive contracting\
hi yes you are probally right, i was wrong thinking you were talking the real commercail mowers they make. and yes bobcat names are kinda always changing but yet still confusing lol. i thought he was asking about the model like i have and i can say the REAL commercial mowers they make are right with scag, hustler, exmark.. sorry:drinkup:

exclusive contracting
01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
guys thanks for all your input maybe i should look at the pro cat 52 with the 19 kaw and 10cc pump and wheel motors what do you guys think.

Grass Shark
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
\
hi yes you are probally right, i was wrong thinking you were talking the real commercail mowers they make. and yes bobcat names are kinda always changing but yet still confusing lol. i thought he was asking about the model like i have and i can say the REAL commercial mowers they make are right with scag, hustler, exmark.. sorry:drinkup:

No big deal.
Sounds like a good choice exclusive contracting, Before you buy check out the gravely's if you have a dealer around you... 13mph... I was impressed withe the overall machine.

Grass Shark
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
And the 19hp may be a little weak on tall thick grass with a 52", I never tried it but it may bog down, just something to think about. Good Luck

exclusive contracting
01-13-2010, 12:04 AM
im actually getting a great deal on a fast cat pro 48 19 kaw 4700 new

Grass Shark
01-13-2010, 03:13 AM
even though that is a great number I would take my money and buy a used real commercial zero turn. I did exactly what you are doing, it was not enough machine and I lost $1200 when I sold it with 18 hours on it. If you have or think you are getting more than 25 weekly cuts you already need more machine.

Turf Commando
01-14-2010, 12:13 AM
im actually getting a great deal on a fast cat pro 48 19 kaw 4700 new
That's a nice deal ....!

jmullins6987
02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
The bobcat fastcat pro is one of the best built small mowers on the market. You should go to your dealer and check one out in person youll be inpressed.