PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Outlaw?

The Rookie
01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I have gotten my hopes up for the new Bad Boy Outlaw. I went to their website and it is not listed. Does anyone know if they are going to make it where we can by it before 2010 mowing season.
Husquvarna has a pz6034 which is a 60 deck with a 34 kawasaki. This looks like a good mower similar to what the outlaw was supposed to be. I guess Husquvarna will get my business if bad boy don't hurry up. :walking:

retrodog
01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Hey, my rep just said they are taking orders now. It is $7999 just like they were talking about at first, it will be available for this season definately.

The Rookie
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
thanks retrodog. I was beginning to get worried. I love bad boy mowers. I personally have a zt 26 60 light commercial/homeowner and am looking to upgrade. I thought when I bought the zt 2 years ago it was a true commercial. Others let me know it wasn't. But it is the most bang you can get for your buck and it performs well enough. I just need a faster z. 6mph is not fast enough. I would take the homeowner zt up against any other homeowner zt and eat their lunch.

ALC-GregH
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I would take the homeowner zt up against any other homeowner zt and eat their lunch.

That's all you'll eat up, is their lunch. You'll have to let them do all the grass cutting. :D

The Rookie
01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Ha ha, but my z has paid for itself several times.

retrodog
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
You would be surprised how many commercial accounts that are using the zt model from BB. The City of Hugo has 2 lightnings and a zt for the smaller jobs, I have several guys mowing cemeteries with them, and my G-Parents mow around 8 acres a week during the season with a 50" 26hp Briggs since 2007, and the only work they had done was a new battery. I am adding the Outlaw to my trailer this season also along with 3 commercial guys here so far, I will put a good "non-biased" review on here for you guys after a month or so. My rep said 5 were built and sent to a big commercial LCO in Miami FL for testing and tuning before production was started, but I didn't get the name of the company, maybe they will come on here and talk about them.

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
OOO the Husqavarna horror stories!!!! I heard those bad boys are built pretty tough and they are very reliable, but the cut quality is weak and is a bad striping mower. I have never tested one though, How do yours cut retrodog?

JimQ
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
OOO the Husqavarna horror stories!!!!

Sounds like you've had some trouble with Husqvarna. That's too bad. You should start another thread and tell us about it. I'd be interested to hear about the specific issues.

Take care,

Q

retrodog
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
OOO the Husqavarna horror stories!!!! I heard those bad boys are built pretty tough and they are very reliable, but the cut quality is weak and is a bad striping mower. I have never tested one though, How do yours cut retrodog?

My last mowers that I owned pre 07' were a 2006 Grasshopper 722D front deck, and a 2005 Turf Tiger. I bought the 52" Lightning 26hp Kawasaki BB with a bagger system and it made both of my other 2 mowers look really bad. With the bagger shoot off I could cut most of my yards at full speed (something I couldn't do on the other 2 at 8mph), and the BB was like 13mph...lol. My one negative off the bat was the bahaia grass stringers. I played with different blades and found that a low lift worked better than the factory hi lifts they put on the mower, and I use doubles on my bigger decks. I average nearly 1500 hours a season on my mowers (all together...lol), so I do have a little experience mowing on commercial machines. I miss swinging my front deck over pool water, and in bushes, but my production hit a complete new level. I was used to cutting at like 4mph on the hopper...lol. I was sick when I saw my workhorse flipping down the road, but BB came through for me and fixed it. I am now a happy owner of a 35hp 72" cat diesel, my trusty 52", and a 60" 32hp Lightning BB. I can take the 72 and the 52 and make a $2500 day out of one trailer (my best day before straight mowing was about $1000). Every week and a half during season I mow 6 properties in one day that bring in $2480. They were saying its the best the property ever looked, and they said it took every one else all week to mow what we do in one day. I have put a challenge out around here for title for title against any mower out mowing mine I will do happily especially for the same retail values. I became a lawn mower dealer for Bad Boy because of what I have been through, and just with 2 seasons have put nearly 200 out in my market with very happy owners. I have seen a couple of hicups, but the factory shines through. I had a customer that had a 2003 Bad Boy that broke his frame, and BB picked his mower up, fixed it at the factory and offered to ship it back for free (but I picked it up for them when I picked up a load of mowers). Had another customer with some Cat warranty issues, and BB just brought him a new mower and took his back. Had a TSC customer break his deck, and they sent a new one to him and put it on for free. I can't believe the way they stand behind there stuff and strive to make it better year after year. There might have been cut quality issues before 07', because I haven't seen any myself. I have had 2 customers with cut quality complaints, but the decks were out of alignment, and a simple adjustment leveling the decks fixed their issues. One of my demoes got ran up a tree by a crazy driver, and didn't cut right afterwards, but a simple tape measure on concrete told me why, the deck was off 3 inches....lol. Have you seen some of the BB striping pics posted on here? Some of them are some of the best stripes I have ever seen. Striping can be achieved by any welded deck mower with the right adjustment of leveling or even go as far to grab a striping kit. The other plus is this is by far the easiest mower I have ever put my hands on to work on, everything was very thought out on the location. Sorry for the long post, you can tell I was blown away by them I guess. My biggest concern right now is commercial guys buying the $2999 and $3499 homeowner BB's because they are so well built for the price, just a nightmare waiting to happen.....lol. The Outlaw I think has a different cutting deck than the other BB's, I think its a new design (more overlap I believe, will know more when I get mine). A 31hp kawasaki 5400 tranny for $7999 designed by people who mow everyday with all different brands, who wouldn't check it out...lol. I believe the other guys have some catching up to do on quality and price, but that is just one man's opinion.

retrodog
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh, if it is any count, I was a couple of hours away from buying a new Turf Tiger for a little over $10000 when I came across the $7499 Bad Boy with the same specs on the internet. After researching and talking to a few LCO's that owned them on the phone, I drove 2 hours away to go look at them and ended up buying one after mowing on it. The ride blew me away, waaay nicer than the Hopper (and I thought it was a caddy).

Mike Blevins
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I can't wait to hear that "non biased review" Retro. :waving:

retrodog
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
I can't wait to hear that "non biased review" Retro. :waving:

I think if you sit back Mikey, and just think "why is he so sold on these things", "what is it that made this guy such a die hard fan". You would begin to understand, if you ever make it over here to Texas or Oklahoma I would love for you to spend a few hours with me mowing and talking to the LCO's around here about the BB's, I might even consider taking care of part of your trip for a few hours of insight from a fellow LCO. I would be happy to take you by our John Deere dealer who has 2 mechanics that own BB's and will tell you why right there at the shop. I would also take you by our 2 city barns and let you talk to the workers who 1 has been mowing for them for over 14 years as to what they like on the BB over the mess of mowers they have owned over the years. Our factory's to look at what they use for their grounds, we can even run by the Kubota shop and ask their mechanic what they think about the Bad Boy. A quick drive through town to glance at the lCo's trailers and what they use would open your eyes too. These are not just dumb aS$#S that fell off the turnip truck and blindly bought a redneck built mower because it reminds them of a race car or something, or because they saw a bear killed on the website and thought that was bad a&^, nearly all of my customers have their head on straight.....lol. There are a few that got one for dumb reasons though... If you did you would truly see the true LCO side of my statements. None of what I say is biased, especially on here, its all by true experiences, and testing, and not to mention I am a talker. There is a reason that nearly 100 commercial mowers were sold in 1 brand the first year introduced to this area period. Around 30 is the average number here for most dealers that have been here for years, some even said between 10 and 15, very suprising, I can't imagine how they make it. I haven't heard of a dealer here selling anywhere close to 100 mowers that were more than $5000 yet in a year, and I have talked to most, or heard from inside sources. Most almost fell over when I actually let them know how many we put out. My mind runs 90 miles a minute, so I am soaking up info too. Thats what makes me a good salesman, I truly want to know what you like about your equipment, and after gathering that info, I simply show people why I like mine, I really don't sell, I just shoot the bull. When someone is mowing on one of my demoes, I am usually on their mower mowing and checking it out. I am happy to share every negative I have had with the BB's too, most people wouldn't do that, but I do it on here all the time with no slap on the hand from the factory because they are all taking care of.

doubleedge
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
My last mowers that I owned pre 07' were a 2006 Grasshopper 722D front deck, and a 2005 Turf Tiger. I bought the 52" Lightning 26hp Kawasaki BB with a bagger system and it made both of my other 2 mowers look really bad. With the bagger shoot off I could cut most of my yards at full speed (something I couldn't do on the other 2 at 8mph), and the BB was like 13mph...lol. My one negative off the bat was the bahaia grass stringers. I played with different blades and found that a low lift worked better than the factory hi lifts they put on the mower, and I use doubles on my bigger decks. I average nearly 1500 hours a season on my mowers (all together...lol), so I do have a little experience mowing on commercial machines. I miss swinging my front deck over pool water, and in bushes, but my production hit a complete new level. I was used to cutting at like 4mph on the hopper...lol. I was sick when I saw my workhorse flipping down the road, but BB came through for me and fixed it. I am now a happy owner of a 35hp 72" cat diesel, my trusty 52", and a 60" 32hp Lightning BB. I can take the 72 and the 52 and make a $2500 day out of one trailer (my best day before straight mowing was about $1000). Every week and a half during season I mow 6 properties in one day that bring in $2480. They were saying its the best the property ever looked, and they said it took every one else all week to mow what we do in one day. I have put a challenge out around here for title for title against any mower out mowing mine I will do happily especially for the same retail values. I became a lawn mower dealer for Bad Boy because of what I have been through, and just with 2 seasons have put nearly 200 out in my market with very happy owners. I have seen a couple of hicups, but the factory shines through. I had a customer that had a 2003 Bad Boy that broke his frame, and BB picked his mower up, fixed it at the factory and offered to ship it back for free (but I picked it up for them when I picked up a load of mowers). Had another customer with some Cat warranty issues, and BB just brought him a new mower and took his back. Had a TSC customer break his deck, and they sent a new one to him and put it on for free. I can't believe the way they stand behind there stuff and strive to make it better year after year. There might have been cut quality issues before 07', because I haven't seen any myself. I have had 2 customers with cut quality complaints, but the decks were out of alignment, and a simple adjustment leveling the decks fixed their issues. One of my demoes got ran up a tree by a crazy driver, and didn't cut right afterwards, but a simple tape measure on concrete told me why, the deck was off 3 inches....lol. Have you seen some of the BB striping pics posted on here? Some of them are some of the best stripes I have ever seen. Striping can be achieved by any welded deck mower with the right adjustment of leveling or even go as far to grab a striping kit. The other plus is this is by far the easiest mower I have ever put my hands on to work on, everything was very thought out on the location. Sorry for the long post, you can tell I was blown away by them I guess. My biggest concern right now is commercial guys buying the $2999 and $3499 homeowner BB's because they are so well built for the price, just a nightmare waiting to happen.....lol. The Outlaw I think has a different cutting deck than the other BB's, I think its a new design (more overlap I believe, will know more when I get mine). A 31hp kawasaki 5400 tranny for $7999 designed by people who mow everyday with all different brands, who wouldn't check it out...lol. I believe the other guys have some catching up to do on quality and price, but that is just one man's opinion.

That grasshopper had a 21(?) hp diesel engine compared to a 26 hp gas engine. Just because it is diesel doesn't make it as powerful. Less power would explain why it couldn't cut at higher speeds.

Also, it would help greatly if you would separate that into paragraphs next time. That was unpleasant to read.

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I think if you sit back Mikey, and just think "why is he so sold on these things", "what is it that made this guy such a die hard fan". You would begin to understand, if you ever make it over here to Texas or Oklahoma I would love for you to spend a few hours with me mowing and talking to the LCO's around here about the BB's, I might even consider taking care of part of your trip for a few hours of insight from a fellow LCO. I would be happy to take you by our John Deere dealer who has 2 mechanics that own BB's and will tell you why right there at the shop. I would also take you by our 2 city barns and let you talk to the workers who 1 has been mowing for them for over 14 years as to what they like on the BB over the mess of mowers they have owned over the years. Our factory's to look at what they use for their grounds, we can even run by the Kubota shop and ask their mechanic what they think about the Bad Boy. A quick drive through town to glance at the lCo's trailers and what they use would open your eyes too. These are not just dumb aS$#S that fell off the turnip truck and blindly bought a redneck built mower because it reminds them of a race car or something, or because they saw a bear killed on the website and thought that was bad a&^, nearly all of my customers have their head on straight.....lol. There are a few that got one for dumb reasons though... If you did you would truly see the true LCO side of my statements. None of what I say is biased, especially on here, its all by true experiences, and testing, and not to mention I am a talker. There is a reason that nearly 100 commercial mowers were sold in 1 brand the first year introduced to this area period. Around 30 is the average number here for most dealers that have been here for years, some even said between 10 and 15, very suprising, I can't imagine how they make it. I haven't heard of a dealer here selling anywhere close to 100 mowers that were more than $5000 yet in a year, and I have talked to most, or heard from inside sources. Most almost fell over when I actually let them know how many we put out. My mind runs 90 miles a minute, so I am soaking up info too. Thats what makes me a good salesman, I truly want to know what you like about your equipment, and after gathering that info, I simply show people why I like mine, I really don't sell, I just shoot the bull. When someone is mowing on one of my demoes, I am usually on their mower mowing and checking it out. I am happy to share every negative I have had with the BB's too, most people wouldn't do that, but I do it on here all the time with no slap on the hand from the factory because they are all taking care of.
Thanks retrodog for the information, and yes someone told me they thought that badboy improved thier decks but was not sure.

gene gls
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
. I guess Husquvarna will get my business if bad boy don't hurry up. :walking:

Now that will be a mistake on your part.......

12thKY
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I hope it's built with better parts and warranty than when I bought the pup I had and the lightning I have now......

The Rookie
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Now that will be a mistake on your part.......

The only mistake I can think of is the extra money payed for the huskee. It boast a 34 kawasaki big block. Humongous tranny and 12mph speed. Please tell me whats wrong with the huskees because I have heard nothing bad about their commercial pz line.

johnnybravo8802
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
The only mistake I can think of is the extra money payed for the huskee. It boast a 34 kawasaki big block. Humongous tranny and 12mph speed. Please tell me whats wrong with the huskees because I have heard nothing bad about their commercial pz line.
Husky makes motorcycles!!!! If I want a mower, I buy from a company that has always made mowers. I feel the same about LCO's-I wouldn't hire an LCO to mow that just got through roofing a house and washing the neighbors car.:nono:

grassman177
01-11-2010, 11:54 PM
there is husqvarna motorcylces????? since when?? or am i in the dark??

johnnybravo8802
01-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Husky has been making motorcycles(Dirt bikes) longer than I've been around and they still make them. That's what they're noted for-motorcycles. That's why I laugh when I think of a Husky mower. They do make a decent European dirt bike though and I'd buy one of them, but the Japs still have a better machine.

retrodog
01-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Husky makes motorcycles!!!! If I want a mower, I buy from a company that has always made mowers. I feel the same about LCO's-I wouldn't hire an LCO to mow that just got through roofing a house and washing the neighbors car.:nono:

Hey, I digress, we were mowing in a neighborhood and for the second week this house still had the shingles sitting in the yard. I noticed the lady planting flowers and just asked "what happened to your roofer?". She said they never showed up, so guess what the lawnmowers were put on the trailer and we roofed a house that afternoon...lol. Never washed anybody's car before, but I have a buddy that powerwashes parking lots and mows, so I am sure he has washed a few in the process...

ALC-GregH
01-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey, I digress, we were mowing in a neighborhood and for the second week this house still had the shingles sitting in the yard. I noticed the lady planting flowers and just asked "what happened to your roofer?". She said they never showed up, so guess what the lawnmowers were put on the trailer and we roofed a house that afternoon...lol. Never washed anybody's car before, but I have a buddy that powerwashes parking lots and mows, so I am sure he has washed a few in the process...

Nothing wrong with that. As long as your legit with a contractors license, go for it. :D

johnnybravo8802
01-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, it's like I told my wife when I first met her, "If the sink starts leaking, call a plumber, if you have an electrical problem, call an electrician, if you want a landscape professional, call me." I tell my customers the same thing. My goal is to be the best at one thing and focus on that-I feel that my customers are getting the most bang for their money with that attitude. That's why I am always on the job. If you hire a company and they send out three guys, you aren't truly getting a "professional" landscape contractor because he isn't even on the job. If you hire me, you get the guy with the experience on your job and you're getting what you're paying for. That's my attitude after years in the business. That's the kind of person I'd hire.

hornett22
01-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Husky has been making motorcycles(Dirt bikes) longer than I've been around and they still make them. That's what they're noted for-motorcycles. That's why I laugh when I think of a Husky mower. They do make a decent European dirt bike though and I'd buy one of them, but the Japs still have a better machine.

they sold the motorcycles to an Italian company by the name of Cagiva in the late 80's or early 90's.

they were great bikes.

johnnybravo8802
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
they sold the motorcycles to an Italian company by the name of Cagiva in the late 80's or early 90's.

they were great bikes.
I didn't realize that. They still make bikes with the Husky name today though. They are better woods bikes versus M/X.

The Rookie
01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I didnt know husquvarna made motorcycles. I thought they just made chainsaws, weedeaters, mowers ect. I have a huszuvarna/dixon dealer less than 5 miles away.

johnnybravo8802
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I didnt know husquvarna made motorcycles. I thought they just made chainsaws, weedeaters, mowers ect. I have a huszuvarna/dixon dealer less than 5 miles away.
They've been making bikes since the 70's and that's why I still can't envision them doing anything but that. It's just me!!!:laugh::laugh: That's what she said.:laugh:

JimQ
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
They've been making bikes since the 70's and that's why I still can't envision them doing anything but that. It's just me!!!:laugh::laugh: That's what she said.:laugh:

All right guys, quit busting on Husqvarna. You're killing me. The new PZ is a bit like my baby. :laugh:

Yes, Husqvarna made motorcycles before they made mowers. Heck they got started making guns like 300 years ago. As the story goes, that's what the "Crown H" is supposed to represent, the iron sites on a rifle.

Hey, How about that BadBoy Outlaw! Looks like a nice machine! I wonder how the 5400's will hold up. A lot of OEM's are bringing machines to market with the 5400's. I hope they prove reliable.

Back to the subject.

Carry on.

Q

sampler
01-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Husqvarna even make high end sewing machines. A freind of mine bought one for his wife. Paid $5000......

The Rookie
01-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I wish their pz 60 was 5000

Yater
01-13-2010, 06:31 PM

they were great bikes.

Husqvarna motorcycles have been owned by BMW for a few years now. They are, once again, great bikes. They are still made in Varese, Italy, and use PRIMO components relative to the Japanese competition. Their early valve problems on the 4stroke mx bikes have been corrected.

hornett22
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Husqvarna motorcycles have been owned by BMW for a few years now. They are, once again, great bikes. They are still made in Varese, Italy, and use PRIMO components relative to the Japanese competition. Their early valve problems on the 4stroke mx bikes have been corrected.

their small power equipment is the best,especially the chainsaws.rifles are awesome but a tad pricey.i had a 2 stoke 25 of theirs in the early nineties so i would guess it was late 80's.that bastard had some serious power. for motorcycles these days i stick with Yamaha.

i'd have to use one of their mowers for quite some time before i gave an opinion of them.they look ok from what i have seen. i think i will stick with Scag for now.i have been with them since Bunton sold out to Textron.

hornett22
01-13-2010, 10:17 PM
the Bad Boys look from what i have seen.i have never used one. i probably never will unless they get rid of that GAY friggin' name.

tigertownman
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
come on man . are u seriously going to rag on Bad Boy , when u have mowers called SCAG , exmark , Hustler , Toro , Yazoo , when u think about it Bad Boy really aint that bad , you have to agree ...

johnnybravo8802
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
come on man . are u seriously going to rag on Bad Boy , when u have mowers called SCAG , exmark , Hustler , Toro , Yazoo , when u think about it Bad Boy really aint that bad , you have to agree ...
Yea, my wife hated it when I told her I was buying a "Scag":laugh:. Now I have 3 Scags.:laugh:I guess it sounds too much like Hag or Skank.:weightlifter:I used to have a Hustler also.....Hmmmmm.....Hustler, Skank...there seems to be a them going here. I think my true personality is coming out...Maybe that's why my wife hates the names!:laugh::laugh:Oh well.

hornett22
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
reminds me of NASCAR

MJB
01-16-2010, 12:18 PM

Retrodog,
Post some pictures of you Outlaw when it comes in OK. If you can post some of the underside of the deck that would help too. I want to see a comparison with the old deck if there is a difference etc. Thanks. Hopefully that will be on the website soon.

bamamike
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM
The Outlaw should be in production sometime in March. The deck has been completely redesigned. The blades have more overlap and the mower side-hills like a champ. The mower was designed by commercial guys just like ya'll. You told them what you want, and they listened. This mower will be thousands less than most of its competition (big named companies).

It's being tested right now.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-18-2010, 02:48 AM

Bad Boy makes commercials...Television commercials. And that is what they are best at. BB's are nothing but a batch of shoddily cad designed future lawn ornaments. The joy of a low price paid will subside quickly after it starts breaking pullies, etc, etc etc.

Retro, us a break. You should have to pay for your postertising. BB has not captured any segment of the REAL commercial market. Please stop before I lose respect for you!

retrodog
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Bad Boy makes commercials...Television commercials. And that is what they are best at. BB's are nothing but a batch of shoddily cad designed future lawn ornaments. The joy of a low price paid will subside quickly after it starts breaking pullies, etc, etc etc.

Retro, us a break. You should have to pay for your postertising. BB has not captured any segment of the REAL commercial market. Please stop before I lose respect for you!

I have the goods to back up what I am saying. Come down here and I will prove myself to you, I am not ******ed people, I have the experience to back me. Just like several people I have met off of here, you are welcome to come down and spend some time on my machines testing them out against any brands you want (between all my buddies that mow, we could grab pretty much any mowers you want for side by side comparisons).
Nearly all the different mowers use the same parts, pulleys especially. They are just not ripping your heads off on the profit and are keeping their biz factory direct instead of picking up distributors. What is neat here is to mow on my 2007 Lightning working on 2000hours now that flipped down the highway and totaled out.....lol. I have had 8 people from pretty far away swing by here just to check out that particular mower.
Just like all the negative people I have met, you will change your time after a few hours running these and seeing how many people around here were as dumb as me and tried them out. I have a 35 72 diesel, a 52 26 and 32 60 lighting you can try out, and I am sure I could have any other model in around an hour from everyone I know that got these. I mulched leaves on the new 28hp 60" Cat diesel in December that they sell for $9999, its a no brainer. A 27hp Kohler Exmark, or a 28hp Cat diesel Bad Boy for $10000....?
You should pay me for all the money I am going to make you when your production levels go through the roof, and you save thousands on your mowers.......
Tell you what, noticed you use Redmax, I will give you any redmax product at dealer cost for your trouble of making the trip. If you will wait until March and check out my new Outlaw 31hp Kawasaki for $7999 that will eat your Super Z for lunch and save you a little money you will be very thankful you made the trip. If you need a camper we have nearly 400 2006's in stock, over 38 manufactures, and are pretty much giving them away for less than wholesale, that would take care of your trip also...lol. Alot of them came from your local dealer there come to think of it....

bamamike
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Television commercials? I guess your trying to be a comedian. Umm... I'm not sure, but it only makes since for manufactures to advertise their products?

They can offer a lower price for a couple reasons. Everything is designed and built in house. They keep their labor cost down buy using robots to weld, three self contained plasma cutters, automated painting system, etc. They use brand name, quality parts. They only have two owners, not a board or shareholders to pay. The owners know how to spend the money effectively, which allows them to pay the bank loans quicker, in which allows them to pass the savings down to the buyer.

SO, your saying, you'll like the product better or at least the "idea" if they were a couple thousand more?

You, and some people are so biased because of your dedication to a brand. Theirs nothing wrong with that! Just don't speak nons

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Television commercials? I guess your trying to be a comedian. Umm... I'm not sure, but it only makes since for manufactures to advertise their products?

They can offer a lower price for a couple reasons. Everything is designed and built in house. They keep their labor cost down buy using robots to weld, three self contained plasma cutters, automated painting system, etc. They use brand name, quality parts. They only have two owners, not a board or shareholders to pay. The owners know how to spend the money effectively, which allows them to pay the bank loans quicker, in which allows them to pass the savings down to the buyer.

SO, your saying, you'll like the product better or at least the "idea" if they were a couple thousand more?

You, and some people are so biased because of your dedication to a brand. Theirs nothing wrong with that! Just don't speak nons

You are telling me to not speak nonsense. First off, learn the difference between since and sense... and There's and theirs. Maybe you are badboy's target for a reason.

And retrodog... That goblidigook about you earning 1000 a mow day in the past... and 2800 now sounds like a used car salesman's ploy to get me to buy 1988 rx-7 flood car.

People who are considering BB or any other ztr...
What is the difference between a kia and a honda? The Forte(or whatever it is called) looks a lot like a civic... But it ain't no Civic! Quality is something you pay for. And dependability is something that needs the test of time to prove.

Among being a lawn guy, fabricator, skunks worker... I also bill myself as being somewhat of a prognosticator. Here is my prediction. BadBoy has 3 years left. When they go under, all the poor lco's that bought them are going to be SOL. They are the yugo of the ope world.

bamamike
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
You sure got me there. Grammar is my weak point.... I never liked school. I started a construction company and "home schooled" (didnt really do any school work) my senior year of high school. Started building homes when I was 19 and high-end custom homes (million or more in Huntsville AL) before my 21st birthday. I'm 25 now. However, business is slow so now I also scalp trade the market. I donít have that piece or paper you get when you graduate college but I sure don't consider myself what you call a "target." Life has treated me well.

As for bad boy, they have been doubling in size every year but last year, in which they came close. Interesting that people are buying their mowers in a recession. Some companies remind me of General Motors. Once they dominated the market but eventually all of their "value engineering" and expensive prices caught up with them. That opens a huge market share for other companies to take. What are they doing now? redesigning everything, lowering their prices to be more competitive and paying more attention to quality.

Just my $.02

tlojohnson
01-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow now we're making fun of grammar and spelling
Posted via Mobile Device

MJB
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
You are telling me to not speak nonsense. First off, learn the difference between since and sense... and There's and theirs. Maybe you are badboy's target for a reason.

And retrodog... That goblidigook about you earning 1000 a mow day in the past... and 2800 now sounds like a used car salesman's ploy to get me to buy 1988 rx-7 flood car.

What is the difference between a kia and a honda? The Forte(or whatever it is called) looks a lot like a civic... But it ain't no Civic! Quality is something you pay for. And dependability is something that needs the test of time to prove.

Among being a lawn guy, fabricator, skunks worker... I also bill myself as being somewhat of a prognosticator. Here is my prediction. BadBoy has 3 years left. When they go under, all the poor lco's that bought them are going to be SOL. They are the yugo of the ope world.

So is Hustler the best in your opinion? How long have you been in business? You've only been with Lawnsite a few years. Why should we listen to your rants about equipment when it looks like Hustler is your only brand of ZTR's used.

I used to be very brand loyal, to Walker mowers, and Grasshopper. But over the years I found Exmark made me the most money and was very dependable, but now I think they are overpriced and the service is poor compared to 10 yrs ago. Hustler has good service but by far the brand that has cost me the most down time and is currently at 2 strikes as far as me reconsidering them.
Now Bad Boy has a product that features some quality built machines, and the Outlaw is in my opinion going to rank up there with
The Hustler Super Z only it will be more dependable and cut better, with better power options and hill climbing ability.

So what I'm saying is I've owned more brands of ZTR's than listed above and found that by changing brands it opened up new opportunities that I never had with previous mowers. If all I used was Hustlers my customers would be unhappy because they liked the quality of cut that the Exmark provides and can see the difference. So will BB make the grade I think they already have surpassed Hustler in every way except customer service, that will take time.

retrodog
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM

I am pretty much offering to pay for your trip over here, just to waste hours of my very busy day to just show you a mower I believe in and use. I won't get anything out of it, you will buy your mower from the closest dealer to your house for service. Now sit back and think.....why in the heck would he do this? I am a salesman, but my numbers really did jump like that in production. Would they have with a Dixie, a 15mph Hustler, a 15mph Scag, etc, prolly, but they wouldn't have been as shocking as getting a lower priced better fabbed mower that I had never heard of makes it quite a bit cooler, not to mention the fact that my comfort level with the Michigan seat and easy ride more than doubled over my "comfortable" $13000 Grasshopper, and not to mention the factory fixed for me after I lossed it down the road. I don't believe I would be talking about the other brands at all like I am about the BB's. Its been a good ride for me so far, just sharing the wealth man, damn get over yourself. The only reason BB would be gone in 3 years is if a big company paid a premium and bought them out just to shut them up like they did Exmark. They are only one of 3 that were not in the red last year from what I gather from the distributors here.

johnnybravo8802
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I will say this Retro, I admire your salesmanship. Even if BB doesn't sale another single mower, you've done a great job!:clapping:I wish I could find more salesman closer to me like you. Salesman who go above and beyond seem to come in waves and I haven't seen any lately. I have had some who started out strong, sold a mower, and then disappeared. I have seen more who were just full of sh#@!!!!!! The one's in Ga. seem to be pretty stingy with a demo but if I'm spending over $10,000 on a mower, I had better get a da# good demo and I'm not just talking about in a parking lot-I want to spend some time on it. If a salesman wants me to try it out in a parking lot, I automatically know he doesn't know anything about what he's selling and I walk away. A lot of guys have lost thousands of dollars doing that with me.

On another note, I haven't seen you and Puppy in a while. Where you hiding Puppy? I bet I can guess-He's going to come on here this spring with a full blown lawn service-An F250 pulling a trailer with a 72" BB AS and a 48" BB Lightning and teach us all how it's done!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:That's my guess. He has something up his sleeve.:rolleyes:

ddixonlawncare
01-19-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm new to the site, but have also been wondering about the new bad boy outlaw. I currently have 3 bad boy's: 05 60'' pup, 06 60'' aos diesel, and a 2008 72'' lightning. I also have: 08 34'' commercial gravely, 04 great dane 52'' super surfer, and a 2004 ch223 52'' grasshopper.

I like my bad boy mowers overall, but they have been less dependable than my other mowers. In my opinion some of the parts are not made to the same quality as my other mowers. I seem to have alot of trouble with spindle bearings wearing out prematurely, deck switches failing, and throttle cables breaking as well. I also seem to go through deck belts faster than my other mowers. For me the frustrating part about it is that these are simple fixes if bad boy pays more attention to detail with the new outlaw that is coming out.

Everyone has their opinions on which mower is best, and for me my best mower has been the 04 ch223 grasshopper. My grasshopper currently has 2236 hours on it and is still going strong. Out of all of the mower i have owned the grasshopper has been the lowest per hour to maintain, provides the lowest center of gravity, while providing a clean cut. The downside to the grasshopper is that the deck is not as thick as my bad boy's are, and is harder to work on due to the tight fit of components.

I would like to demo the new outlaw to see if bad boy has finally corrected the issues that i have found with previous models. My dealer says that they will have a demo by march 2010 and i am looking forward to putting some hours on the new outlaw. Also, I hope that the transmissions are getting better as well. My 08 72'' handles the best out of my bad boy's but does not compare to how well my grasshopper or gravely handles.

My equipment besides mowers:

94 silverado ext. cab 4wd, 96 gmc 3500 4wd, 99 f250 diesel 4wd, 2000 f250
20ft tandem trailer, 18ft tandem trailer, 2 16ft tandem trailers all with 4ft sides
stihl 90r, and 100rx weedeaters, and stihl and shindaiwa blowers.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-19-2010, 02:35 AM
I have a long list of replies here. First is MGB. I've been in business for 10 years... before that I had a multi year tenure as senior equipment operator for the Chattanooga City Parks Dept. I've ran many brands of Ztrs, walkbehinds, outfronts, wams, and reel mowers. Just because you've posted for a few more years than me does not mean your experience or knowledge is congruent with that. Yes, I spin Hustler blades now. But, that is actually days from changing.

Retro, I applaude your sales moxcie; But, offering to sell me dealer price blowers in no way would pay for my trip... And I'm good on handhelds for the rest of the year. I already get dealer pricing anyways.

Bamamike, I apologize for being a grammar cop. That was out of line. When I mentioned "target"... I was referring that you were a market target... Not some kind of mark. You mentioned recession and the affect it had on the big 3. Check this... What affect has the recession had on the workforce??? Unemployment is the answer. People need jobs... Quite a few of those people have made the move to start a lawn care biz. THIS made for the beginnings of Bad Boy mowers. BB spent as much on their advertising campaign as they did on R&D. Many of their commercials aired during late hours... or during Cleveland Browns football games. HMMM. Who do YOU think they were trying to target? I'll answer that... The unemployed. BB mowers spin blades over grass just like the rest of the brands- and offer a price that is more appealing than the big makers. This tempts the hand of many a new startup companies trying to stretch a buck. BB is not a humanitarian dot org. It's a business that kinda preys on the less informed imho.

Lets see... I can get a 2760 super with a mulch kit, striper, air seat, yada for 9 big bones... bb offers it for 8(with those nasty cheap 5400s). Let me do some math... I hope my mowers go 1500 hours before I sell them. At a projected 100 per hour, I make 150,000 out of a good, quality z. Why should an initial "savings" of 1,000 even appeal to me? Oh wait, I forgot about resale value! I just sold a 2760 super for 4500. It had 1000 hours. What would a bb 60 with 1000 hours sell for? Guys that don't agree... Have fun on your BB'S!

MJB
01-19-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm new to the site, but have also been wondering about the new bad boy outlaw. I currently have 3 bad boy's: 05 60'' pup, 06 60'' aos diesel, and a 2008 72'' lightning. I also have: 08 34'' commercial gravely, 04 great dane 52'' super surfer, and a 2004 ch223 52'' grasshopper.

I like my bad boy mowers overall, but they have been less dependable than my other mowers. In my opinion some of the parts are not made to the same quality as my other mowers. I seem to have alot of trouble with spindle bearings wearing out prematurely, deck switches failing, and throttle cables breaking as well. I also seem to go through deck belts faster than my other mowers. For me the frustrating part about it is that these are simple fixes if bad boy pays more attention to detail with the new outlaw that is coming out.

Everyone has their opinions on which mower is best, and for me my best mower has been the 04 ch223 grasshopper. My grasshopper currently has 2236 hours on it and is still going strong. Out of all of the mower i have owned the grasshopper has been the lowest per hour to maintain, provides the lowest center of gravity, while providing a clean cut. The downside to the grasshopper is that the deck is not as thick as my bad boy's are, and is harder to work on due to the tight fit of components.

I would like to demo the new outlaw to see if bad boy has finally corrected the issues that i have found with previous models. My dealer says that they will have a demo by march 2010 and i am looking forward to putting some hours on the new outlaw. Also, I hope that the transmissions are getting better as well. My 08 72'' handles the best out of my bad boy's but does not compare to how well my grasshopper or gravely handles.

My equipment besides mowers:

94 silverado ext. cab 4wd, 96 gmc 3500 4wd, 99 f250 diesel 4wd, 2000 f250
20ft tandem trailer, 18ft tandem trailer, 2 16ft tandem trailers all with 4ft sides
stihl 90r, and 100rx weedeaters, and stihl and shindaiwa blowers.

I agree that GHoppers are very dependable mowers. On your 2008 Lightning how many hours have you put on that one, and how did it compare to your older model BBoy as far as the problems mentioned. I expected the 2005 Pup to be inferior, and the 2006 diesel probably before BB had worked out the bugs. I would think the 08 would hold up better than the 06 . I also look forward to hearing a review on the Outlaw this spring I don't have a dealer close enough yet to put my hands on one, but I like that they keep testing and improving them. On my Hustler everything wore out fast, belts, pulleys, tensioners, pumps, wheel motors, exhaust, and clutch wiring, and engine deck plate, most of all that in less than 1000 hrs of use. But I never had problems with anything else I've owned except a Toro which bought out Exmark and basically ruined them too imo. Keep us updated on your demo. Thanks

ddixonlawncare
01-19-2010, 03:28 AM
My 2008 lightning currently has 769 hours on it and has been more dependable for me compared to the other two bad boys that i own. However the cost of repairs has been higher per hour vs my grass hopper.

My issues with my 2008 lightning have been:

Center of gravity is not low enough compared to my other non bb mowers causing instability on hills. Simple parts like spindle bearings failing often, deck switches failing, and throttle cables breaking, and deck belts not lasting as long enough. This has been a problem on all of the bad boys that i have owned.

However, the lightning does handle much better than the previous bad boys, and has been less expensive to maintain. My non bb mowers simply handle much better.

jvanvliet
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Saw a Bad Boy 60" deck 27HP Kohler @ Tractor & Trailer Supply in Okeechobee, FL; $4,999.00

retrodog
01-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I go through spindle bearing on the chute side of my a little faster than expected and I notice replacing that one side on my customers too. I have only seen 4 throttle cables broke out of 200 mowers in 2 seasons. Belts on the diesel go a little faster for some. The 2010 changes include the bearings in the spindles, although I haven't got to tear into one yet to see what the change is. I have noticed now that when a belt goes there was always something causing it. Tension not adjusted, pulley out of balance and need to replaced, etc. Everytime I see a belt go I have a series of checks as to why, and nearly everytime I find something that caused it.

I did notice last year they were focusing in R&D on tuning the belt system just right, hopefully that is also fixed this year for you. Seems every piece of equipment is different even if its the same brand... I have a feeling you being in Russellville, you probably got a heck of a price on your 05 and 06 by buying right there in AR. That is before my time, but I hear they were almost giving them away in price to get them out there on the grass and get the name out.

ddixonlawncare
01-19-2010, 11:07 AM
I did get a good price on all of my mowers:

Pup price: 6000, 27hp kohler command pro 60'' cut 1439hrs on second engine
Lightning: 8000, 31hp kawasaki 72'' cut 769hrs
Cat Diesel:8000, 28hp cat diesel 60'' cut 969hrs, right hydro failed at 839

The problems i have mentioned are common on each of the bad boys i currently own. I have also had a problem with the deck chains breaking usually once a year on my bb's as well. My belts usually last between 100-200 hrs, and on my grasshopper for example average 400-500 hrs before they need to be changed.

The newer spindles that they are now using have bearings that are twice the size of previous models. I have been averaging 200-300hrs before needing to replace my spindle bearings. On my grasshopper for example i have been averaging 800-1000hrs before the bearings have been replaced.

No matter what brand of equipment you have there are going to be maintenance issues. I haven't found a mower yet that is perfect, but a true commercial mower should not have these problems.

I really do like my bad boys, but i wish that they had taken the time to solve these issues. A mower is more than a strong frame fitted with an powerful engine. I hope that the new outlaw is different, than previous models that i own.

bamamike
01-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a long list of replies here. First is MGB. I've been in business for 10 years... before that I had a multi year tenure as senior equipment operator for the Chattanooga City Parks Dept. I've ran many brands of Ztrs, walkbehinds, outfronts, wams, and reel mowers. Just because you've posted for a few more years than me does not mean your experience or knowledge is congruent with that. Yes, I spin Hustler blades now. But, that is actually days from changing.

Retro, I applaude your sales moxcie; But, offering to sell me dealer price blowers in no way would pay for my trip... And I'm good on handhelds for the rest of the year. I already get dealer pricing anyways.

Bamamike, I apologize for being a grammar cop. That was out of line. When I mentioned "target"... I was referring that you were a market target... Not some kind of mark. You mentioned recession and the affect it had on the big 3. Check this... What affect has the recession had on the workforce??? Unemployment is the answer. People need jobs... Quite a few of those people have made the move to start a lawn care biz. THIS made for the beginnings of Bad Boy mowers. BB spent as much on their advertising campaign as they did on R&D. Many of their commercials aired during late hours... or during Cleveland Browns football games. HMMM. Who do YOU think they were trying to target? I'll answer that... The unemployed. BB mowers spin blades over grass just like the rest of the brands- and offer a price that is more appealing than the big makers. This tempts the hand of many a new startup companies trying to stretch a buck. BB is not a humanitarian dot org. It's a business that kinda preys on the less informed imho.

Lets see... I can get a 2760 super with a mulch kit, striper, air seat, yada for 9 big bones... bb offers it for 8(with those nasty cheap 5400s). Let me do some math... I hope my mowers go 1500 hours before I sell them. At a projected 100 per hour, I make 150,000 out of a good, quality z. Why should an initial "savings" of 1,000 even appeal to me? Oh wait, I forgot about resale value! I just sold a 2760 super for 4500. It had 1000 hours. What would a bb 60 with 1000 hours sell for? Guys that don't agree... Have fun on your BB'S!

I'll agree to disagree with you. Now, I'm no professional. I dont work for bad boy and don't personally benefit anyone for recommending them. I'm sure I have much less time on mowers than everyone else on here. I only cut my own yards and loan the mower out for others to try. I met one of the owners, Robert, back in 2002 since then we've become close friends. I've been to arkansas many times and seen first hand how they are growing and what kind of business they run. If any of you guys have idea's on how they can approve anything from marketing to their products, call or email them. They'll want to hear from you.

As for the professional, they sell many bulk orders to cities, universities, airports and large companies. They've also personally delivered mowers to many celebrities including baseball players, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson (he bought one and liked it enough to film a music video with him, owen wilson, luke wilson, jessica simpson and others racing them), Merral Haggard, Rascal Flatts, and the random high-profile owner of companies like Chick-fil-a. They just signed as a sponsor of PBR, which is their first national advertising campaign. Even though they have over 500,000 square feet of distribution and manufacturing, they are not a large company. The outlaw is the first mower they are directly marketing for the professional.

I just noticed you are in Chattanooga. I'm only an hour and half away from you. I don't mind going to Chattanooga and letting you test my mower for a day (08 Lightning, 31 horse, 60" deck). Or in march (maybe April because the demand is high for them. I'll have to see when I can grab one) I'll grab a Outlaw and let you try it out. Bad Boy is considering to have a few of their guys take outlaws around different states just to let people like yourself try it out for a day.

MJB
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care

Since we are talking about ZTR's experience I have owned and operated
ZTR's for 19 yrs and definately have a strong opinion about the brands I
have run. Before that I owned a small trucking company for 10 yrs, and
have been a heavy equipment operator before that for yrs. I never
jumped on the BB band wagon until recently, after watching them over
the years it's clear to see they are sreious about building a better mower. So I consider this a good thing, they are asking for feedback from us, how often does Toro, or any of the big names ask us what we want? Never we
just deal with mowers that are produced and are always lacking what we want in performance, or dependability. Now this company is doing things
a little differnt to save me money , I'm all for that if they build me a
machine that does what I want it to do. I have not bought a BBoy yet,
the Lightning sat to high for me, so now they are making changes to a
lower profile hill climbing, machine with a new deck designed to improve
the cut performance problems we see up north.

So when people come on here just to blast them for No real reason other than to just stir up trouble then I'll speak up. I'm hoping they can do
what the other companies have not done to date. Build a machine that is comfortable, powerful, dependable, light weight, stabile on hillside with a lower center of gravity, and cuts everything clean, without having to clean the deck constantly, and is easy to maintain. Those are important options as well as a few more I have not mentioned. Whoever can do that gets my attention. BB is at least listening and trying . So if you don't like them just say so and leave it at that. But until you've gone out and put your money on the line for 20 yrs purchasing ztr's and totaling depending on them maybe you can't really appreciate where I coming from.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Mgb... I wasn't flaming anyone... I was stating the obvious and giving my honest, informed, professional opinion. BB, as it stands now, does not make a comparable machine to Hustler, Scag, Toro, etc, etc. Those 5400 pump and motors are ridiculous and not meant to stand the test of time. They are used to protect a price point... not performance. We speak of deck pullies, belts, etc. My hustlers all have oem belts with over 1000 hours on all of them. Having serviced 100s of acres for a local municipality... cutting ballfields, parks, commercial, and residential, that is a testament. Brand loyalty means very little for me. I like to change mower brands every few years. It has just so Happened that Hustler grabbed my attention over the past 7 years. First in Melbourne, Florida when my I decided to replace my Scag and wright standers... Then here in Tn when the Xr-7 came out. Truth be known, Hustler and myself are about to part ways. If my demo goes well, I'm buying 2 new Husqvarnas. Stop putting my judgement up for debate. I am a consumate professional and my opinion can be taken for what it is... But, my operatorship can not. Plainly and simply< I'm better than you!:)

MJB
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Mgb... I wasn't flaming anyone... I was stating the obvious and giving my honest, informed, professional opinion. BB, as it stands now, does not make a comparable machine to Hustler, Scag, Toro, etc, etc. Those 5400 pump and motors are ridiculous and not meant to stand the test of time. They are used to protect a price point... not performance. We speak of deck pullies, belts, etc. My hustlers all have oem belts with over 1000 hours on all of them. Having serviced 100s of acres for a local municipality... cutting ballfields, parks, commercial, and residential, that is a testament. Brand loyalty means very little for me. I like to change mower brands every few years. It has just so Happened that Hustler grabbed my attention over the past 7 years. First in Melbourne, Florida when my I decided to replace my Scag and wright standers... Then here in Tn when the Xr-7 came out. Truth be known, Hustler and myself are about to part ways. If my demo goes well, I'm buying 2 new Husqvarnas. Stop putting my judgement up for debate. I am a consumate professional and my opinion can be taken for what it is... But, my operatorship can not. Plainly and simply< I'm better than you!:)

Enjoy your Husqvarnas, I am impressed. Why not buy a Snapper too.

retrodog
01-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Kinda funny on the other side of things, I had a 2006 722D Grasshopper that in 23 hours broke a hydro belt. After taking it to the dealer for a week to get replaced, it happened again after 60 hours. I fixed it myself to save a lot of money...lol (pain in the butt to change by the way), and they said that was normal on that big of a machine. In 178 hours, I went through 4 hydro belts (no deck belt though), then I sold my $13000 machine on here to a guy in South Carolina for nearly $8000 (but let him know of the hydro belt issue). I have never replaced a hydro belt on one of my BB's, but I have been through 5 deck belts in roughly 2600 hours of mowing time. One on my 31hp, 3 on my 72" 35hp Cat, and 1 on my 52" 26hp Lightning that tumbled down the road (although the belt looks bad it hasn't broke yet, I just keep tightning the tension...).

To Accu, you are downing the 5400 tranny on the Outlaw, but it is what everyone is going to this year, it is the new thing apparently. All the other BB's have 10cc, 12cc, 16cc, and 21cc parker pumps. People were scared of them because they are bumping up the prices quite a bit with the other guys, but with BB, they are a bit lower....lol. A 31hp kawasaki Lightning with parker pumps sells for $8199 with a 60", or the new Outlaw with the 5400 tranny for $7999...... The one that I looked at had a 2 speed tranny for low and high speed, I hope they keep that design in the production model.

ddixonlawncare
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
The 60'' pup i bought and the 60'' aos diesel both came equipped with medium lift blades. I was told by my dealer that bad boy did not make high lift blades for those models. Do you know of any companies that make replacement high lift blades that will fit on my bad boy's.

retrodog
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
All they use now is high lift fusion blades and gator mulching, you can get super hi lift for them.

johnnybravo8802
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't get any of this belt stuff!!!:confused:I think I may have replaced one belt in 1000 hrs. on my last 72" Exmark. That's the way it should be for a $100+ belt. In fact, any $10,000 commercial machine that gives a major problem with less than 1000 hrs. isn't worth it's weight in salt. Just my $.02. All of my Exmark's were flawless w/o one problem. So far, my Scag's have been trouble free. This conversation is getting like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate. "Yea, I have 200,000 miles on it. However, I've been through two engines and three transmission's." What the...............!!!!!!!!!!!Make's sense to me.:rolleyes:

ddixonlawncare
01-20-2010, 12:24 AM
That's great that you are getting that many hours out of your belt on your mower. I have never gotten more than 500 hrs out of a deck belt on any of my mowers, and i do not know of any other lawn care business in my area that has that luck either. Belts break from time to time depending on mowing conditions, crew workers hitting things, etc.

Belts are not really an issue for me. The point that i was making was compared to my other non bad boy mowers, i am having more trouble out of my bad boy's under the same hours/ mowing conditions. I was only sharing my experiences with the equipment that my business uses on a daily basis. I never said one mower was better than another, only my experience with how these mowers have performed for me.

We are not a big business, but we run 2 full time crews and put about 3000 hours combined on our mowers each year. Even though i like my bad boy mowers, the upkeep on them is costing more per hour than my other mowers.
Again these are my experiences that i have had.

Hope you have a great year!

MJB
01-20-2010, 01:16 AM
I agree with Johnnybravo about Exmark. They just don't break down very often and the belts last a long time. Shoot I've got 4600 hrs on them without a spindle failure. Thats why I dislike Hustler so much it's always breaking down. But Exmark is not in my future plans anymore due to the dealers in my area are idiots, same for Toro.

johnnybravo8802
01-20-2010, 09:31 AM
That's great that you are getting that many hours out of your belt on your mower. I have never gotten more than 500 hrs out of a deck belt on any of my mowers, and i do not know of any other lawn care business in my area that has that luck either. Belts break from time to time depending on mowing conditions, crew workers hitting things, etc.

Belts are not really an issue for me. The point that i was making was compared to my other non bad boy mowers, i am having more trouble out of my bad boy's under the same hours/ mowing conditions. I was only sharing my experiences with the equipment that my business uses on a daily basis. I never said one mower was better than another, only my experience with how these mowers have performed for me.

We are not a big business, but we run 2 full time crews and put about 3000 hours combined on our mowers each year. Even though i like my bad boy mowers, the upkeep on them is costing more per hour than my other mowers.
Again these are my experiences that i have had.

Hope you have a great year!
I was speaking in general terms mainly. I have had problems in the past with other brands. My first ZTR was a 98' Hustler I bought new. I had that thing in the shop about every 2-3 wks-Lucky it was under warranty. I finally traded it in. I had even worse luck with Ferris. It was so bad I sold it back to the factory. My problems didn't stop until I switched to Exmark-I would have stayed with Exmark if not for the Triton deck. I was on my third Exmark when I gave up on them. I'm mostly saying that, for $10,000, any "Good" brand of ZTR should be pretty much trouble free for the first 1000 hrs., except for parts that wear out. I'm surprised to hear about so many BB issues the way their talked up on here. However, every manufacturer has had problems somewhere down the line.

Grass Cake
01-20-2010, 01:15 PM

uh....since forever!

watch the movie "On any Sunday"

also...i have a 1985 500AE (thats automatic!.....in 1985!) , a beast (good times!)

someday i'll restore it

ddixonlawncare
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I talked to my bad boy dealer today and he said that bad boy didn't carry high lift blades for my 60'' pup and diesel. Is there a website that i can get them from?

JABBERS
02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
The way BB treats people its a wonder how they sell any machines. I have had several problems, it seems they really don't wont to sell any machines or get a great dealer selling their mowers either.

MJB
02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
The way BB treats people its a wonder how they sell any machines. I have had several problems, it seems they really don't wont to sell any machines or get a great dealer selling their mowers either.

Which BB are you having trouble with ? If I buy a new mower doesn't matter which brand I have to order extra belts, cables, tires, pulleys etc because it takes me 2 weeks to get parts from Toro, Exmark, or Hustler etc.
I don't even live in the boonies, it's just tough to find a decent dealer in my state that stocks parts etc. My new Exmark broke a throttle cable I waited 2 weeks then drove 200 miles round trip came home and repaired it. So having a backup mower or 2 is a necessity for me. I'm hoping that BB will get their dealerships established within a 100 miles because they can't do any worse than the big boys as far as I'm concerned. Been dealing with them for 18 yrs no confidence at all in any of them.

MJB
02-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I talked to my bad boy dealer today and he said that bad boy didn't carry high lift blades for my 60'' pup and diesel. Is there a website that i can get them from?
What about the factory, they told me they would send me any parts I needed if I bought anew mower from them. But there is no dealers here. Do Exmark blades work on some of the BB. I thought I heard that.

Greg78
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
it takes me 2 weeks to get parts from Toro, Exmark, or Hustler etc. My new Exmark broke a throttle cable I waited 2 weeks then drove 200 miles round trip came home and repaired it.

Something is wrong with this. Every part I've ever needed for my Lazer or Turf Tracer was either in stock or I got it the next day. Exmark has the parts plus policy on new mowers:

Parts Plus Program

Our Parts Plus Program is another way Exmark ensures maximum uptime. If your dealer doesnít have the Exmark part you need in stock, we will get the part and have it available for you the next business day, or the part is free.*

MJB
02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Something is wrong with this. Every part I've ever needed for my Lazer or Turf Tracer was either in stock or I got it the next day. Exmark has the parts plus policy on new mowers:

Parts Plus Program

Our Parts Plus Program is another way Exmark ensures maximum uptime. If your dealer doesnít have the Exmark part you need in stock, we will get the part and have it available for you the next business day, or the part is free.*

Doesn't work out here. When I bought my 1st Exmark in 2000 I loved it, I could get parts overnite, but not since Toro took over. Also they won't ship the parts directly to me from the factory, they might ship it to the dealer, then the dealer ships it to me.

Greg78
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Doesn't work out here. When I bought my 1st Exmark in 2000 I loved it, I could get parts overnite, but not since Toro took over. Also they won't ship the parts directly to me from the factory, they might ship it to the dealer, then the dealer ships it to me.

Next time you need a part I'd inquire about the Parts Plus Policy. They put it on their website so you should get your part free.

For Exmark parts you can use partstree:

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=exmark