PDA

View Full Version : Truck double duty

JB1
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Here is the lawn and landscape trucks pulling double duty.

MikeKle
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Ive got a question for you, how do you justify all that expense when we have winters where it only snows a couple or few times? Thats alot of money in equipment to only handle a few snowfalls! But up farther north, it is definitely worth it, somewhere where you know you are going to get lots of snow every winter, but around here..not really worth it in my opinion.

JB1
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Ive got a question for you, how do you justify all that expense when we have winters where it only snows a couple or few times? Thats alot of money in equipment to only handle a few snowfalls! But up farther north, it is definitely worth it, somewhere where you know you are going to get lots of snow every winter, but around here..not really worth it in my opinion.

good question, but we aren't doing driveways for $30, everything is commercial, industrial or municipal that pays well. We are doing more salting each year also.

Cummins343
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Ive got a question for you, how do you justify all that expense when we have winters where it only snows a couple or few times? Thats alot of money in equipment to only handle a few snowfalls! But up farther north, it is definitely worth it, somewhere where you know you are going to get lots of snow every winter, but around here..not really worth it in my opinion.He lives in the midwest, as do i and we tend to get a lot of snow so there. We already have about 21" here so far.

JB1
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
He lives in the midwest, as do i and we tend to get a lot of snow so there. We already have about 21" here so far.

one big ice or snow storm and its amazing how well you do.

Cummins343
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
one big ice or snow storm and its amazing how well you do.Oh yes. Those plows will pay for themselves in one good snowfall.

bohiaa
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Very nice set up.
thanks for posting

MikeKle
01-11-2010, 03:36 PM
He lives in the midwest, as do i and we tend to get a lot of snow so there. We already have about 21" here so far.

21" so far!...Geez, We have only had around 4" total this whole season, and they are not calling for any in the near future! I dont know how the guys around here do it when there have been many years when we only see one or two snowfalls! I guess they just make as much as they can mowing and any snow plowing is just icing on the cake?

topsites
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
21" so far!...Geez, We have only had around 4" total this whole season, and they are not calling for any in the near future! I dont know how the guys around here do it when there have been many years when we only see one or two snowfalls! I guess they just make as much as they can mowing and any snow plowing is just icing on the cake?

I think with the best of intentions every company ends up with at least one
piece of equipment that they might use once a year, not to say that plowing
is one of them or that we do this on purpose, but I find it invariably does happen.

In other cases one might take a loss just to keep the customers happy as well, to a point.

Oh and it does snow a lot more towards the center of the country.

MikeKle
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah... I know all about taking a loss to keep the customers happy! Done that a few times this past year, but they always appreciate it and usually will make it worth my time ( but not always), and really as long as they are happy, I am happy to! I too have a few pieces of equipment that I use only a once or twice a year. Thats just the nature of this industry I guess.

Grass Shark
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
....thats some kick ass equipment. Good Luck

STIHL GUY
01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
nice equipment

thu cutting edge
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
ice management is a very profitable. even if you only get a few inches those commercial sites want it cleared immediately.

echeandia
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Are all of the trucks 4WD?

JB1
01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Are all of the trucks 4WD?

yes , they are all 4wd.