PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan

OKLawnGuy
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I have done yard work on the side for awhile, but am thinking about taking it to the next level this year. Has anyone ever done a business plan for their lawncare business? Did it do you any good trying to estimate what you might do? Thanks!

jeffslawnservice
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm in the process of writting one up now. I did a short mini one for last fall and what i wanted to acomplish for this winter and it worked out pretty good. Now I'm writting mine up for this year and for years to come. I would definitly recommend writting one.

bohiaa
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
doing an estimate is what you might do, is kind of like a ballance sheet.
the old saying is, " show me your ballance sheet, WHAT?, If your ballance sheet is larger than mine I'll listen to you. other wise go away.

a Business plan doesn't have to be long drawned out. unless your going to borrow money. It can be jsut simple plans of where your going, Or want to go.
the real issue here is trying to get someone to sit down and make plans, and STICK TO THEM.
this is a GREAT way to monitor yourself and your business. hopefully everyone has a personal plan.
I have found it a GREAT help to put sgins around the house to keep me motivated. like beside the tolit. beside my bed. the first thing I see is a note saying. have you done anythign today to move closer to your goals.

Remember it does'nt have to be 3, 4, and 5, pages long. just make goals.
also you need to review this plan at least weekly.

Best of luck

OKLawnGuy
01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok thanks for the advice guys. I will go ahead and get started on my plan then.