PDA

View Full Version : Termination Clause on 12 month contract

Perfect touch landscapes
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Need help with Termination clause, mine is allright ,but it is not perfect in my opinion , i need better verbage, to protect my self better. I must of looked at 30-40 different termination claused for different lcos contracts and they are all about the same. I need to explain really good prorated services. Why i have to charge for cancelation of contract.
Here is all i have on my termination. Please add and help me modify. Thank you.

21. Termination - It is agreed that either party may terminate this agreement by giving written notice 30 days in advance. It is further agreed that if the client fails to pay PTL according this agreement, all services will immediately cease until account is brought current, or terminated without further notice. Cancelation or termination on prorated services will be billed accordingly.

Perfect touch landscapes
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

billslawn89
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
i write in my service agreements, that if they cancel for any reason before the 12 month period is up, then the price is defaulted to a per cut basis, which is figured out to be more then the monthly pricing would have been, then the client owes the balance at end of service.

ed2hess
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
21. Termination - It is agreed that either party may terminate this agreement by giving written notice 30 days in advance. It is further agreed that if the client fails to pay PTL according this agreement, all services will immediately cease until account is brought current, or terminated without further notice. Cancelation or termination on prorated services will be billed accordingly.

I don't know what PTL is but I don't like the tone of that sentence. And Bills got the answer that you really need to put in commerical accounts.

nlminc
01-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Here's what I have.

The monthly cost of maintenance will be $XXXXX, the amount will be billed monthly, in advance, and is due by the 10th of the month. This agreement will automatically renew each year. Either party may cancel with a thirty-day (30) written notice and payment of the pro-rated annual cost of this agreement as referenced on Attachment “A”.

It is understood by both parties that the estimated value of this annual contract is $XXXXXX. As a convenience to the property owner, XXXXX has agreed to accept this annual amount over a period of 12 equal payments. It is understood by Customer that any early cancellation of this agreement will result in a termination fee depending on the services provided and fees paid through the date of cancellation.

Perfect touch landscapes
01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Here's what I have.

The monthly cost of maintenance will be $XXXXX, the amount will be billed monthly, in advance, and is due by the 10th of the month. This agreement will automatically renew each year. Either party may cancel with a thirty-day (30) written notice and payment of the pro-rated annual cost of this agreement as referenced on Attachment “A”.

It is understood by both parties that the estimated value of this annual contract is $XXXXXX. As a convenience to the property owner, XXXXX has agreed to accept this annual amount over a period of 12 equal payments. It is understood by Customer that any early cancellation of this agreement will result in a termination fee depending on the services provided and fees paid through the date of cancellation.
Best response I ve gotten yet, do you have anything else on fees, I want to prorate fees what's left, but do not want to charge termination fees, by law I think you can't charge any penaltys.
Posted via Mobile Device

nlminc
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Best response I ve gotten yet, do you have anything else on fees, I want to prorate fees what's left, but do not want to charge termination fees, by law I think you can't charge any penaltys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, I was dating a paralegal manager for a large law firm in Atlanta at the time and she had this worded. It pays to date lawyers and paralegals sometimes!

To get your balance back that is owed when someone cancels you have to have a break down of what they've paid so far for the year and what services you've provided. I have an excel spread sheet that shows how many services visits/year/cost/service and it breaks down over 12 months to a monthly fee for example of 200.00/month. If the customer cancels, this excel sheet will then show at the time of cancellation the number of services that have been performed and what the customer has paid to date. The excel sheet is what is noted as the sched/Attachment A on my contract.

Perfect touch landscapes
02-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Anyone else
Posted via Mobile Device