PDA

View Full Version : xelogen vs. halogen and connections

maxwilbryan
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Xelogen.The sposer of this site tends to use them in all of their fixtures. Im new to the industry having installed about 8 systems. I have been using FX Luminaire fixtures for the most part as i mostly deal with Ewing Irrigation. Ive been to a few seminars and havnt heard any mention of these xelogen bulbs (assuming b/c they dont sell them). Ive read a lot of these threads and really appreciate the knowledge you all share. As far as connectors- I use Spears Ds-400&500. They are pricey but seem to be top notch. Has anyone ever used or experienced issues with these? Thanks

JoeyD
01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Xelogen vs. Halogen.....we have been a supplier of THHC "Xelogen" lamps for many years and for many years we were lead to believe that Xelogen was a combination of Xenon and Halogen. Turns out that is not the case and the lamps are Xenon. Weird part is most would consider a xenon lamp to have a "cooler" temp but these Xelogen lamps happen to have a warmer color temp then most halogen MR16's which is what prompted us to have neodymium "tru-lite" lenses created as an option for our wash lights that use them. The "tru-lite" lenses actually filter the lamps to give them a cooler/whiter appearance to match the Mr16's that may be used in conjuction with the flood lights.

The real advantage to these lamps is that they are available from us in 5, 10, 15, 20, and 35 watts and have lifespans from 5K to 20K hours!
I cant speak to the connectors.

Hope this helps.

Lite4
01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
The xenon light output doesn't seem to match that of the halogen either for lumens/watt either. It seems much more diminished. I haven't seen any photometric data but just from my eye I can tell a pretty significant difference.

JC Lighting
01-13-2010, 02:20 AM
I've been using the DS400 connector for 6 years. They're great.

maxwilbryan
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for replying fellas. Helpful info.