PDA

View Full Version : Ferris hydrowalk 48"SD

ALLPro Landscaping
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
was looking for opinions on the above mower, I am looking into purchasing one, I can get one brand new for around 2grand with shipping, comes with 2 year warranty. I have only owned exmark, never a ferris, so any opinions would really help,

ALLPro Landscaping
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
anyone know anything about these mowers

LR3
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Top of the line. Great cut, great machines and look sharp. Proper greasing, oil and filter changes guarantee longevity. I own Ferris machines and would never buy anything other. You won't, can't go wrong with a Ferris machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALLPro Landscaping
01-11-2010, 11:23 PM
too let now, why couldn't you chime in earlier, decided to not bid, the price was last at 1325, I got a quote of 325 shipping, so if the price didnt go too much higher I would have it for under 2000. BUT no replied to my tread. oh well. Like I said before I dont know anything about these, so I didnt want to buy something no one knew about

modedicebox
01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
You would have wasted your money anyhow, Got to go with a dd. No way I'd want to swing a 48" sd around all day.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
yeh whats the deal with that, the only thing I found on here was someone put brakes on it so they can turn it

modedicebox
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I guess cost saving?? Not a good example of a ferris. They suck on hills and are not made to drag you around on a velke. Just not a good commercial set up imo.

DT Lawn Care
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't buy a single hydro, ever. That's the best advice that I can give someone.

LR3
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Sorry so late, I've been so busy with plowing I haven't had the opportunity to go through lawnsite.
Posted via Mobile Device

LR3
01-12-2010, 12:11 AM
I just noticed you first posted yesterday. When making a purchase such as these you should consider putting in more time and effort into the pro's and con's of purchasing what you want. Before I buy I put in at least 24 hours worth of homework into what I'm buying. Price matching, service locations and comparing one to another to see why one is better than the other.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeKle
01-12-2010, 12:54 AM
I have the 2008 model Ferris DD, with 23hp and 61" deck, they do kinda suck on hills, but there is a little trick to this, just push down on the hydro controls and that alone will give the mower a burst of power to get up the hill, I have no idea how this works and its not in the manual, I learned it from a friend who has Ferris mowers too. I would not go with the single hydro though, spend a little extra for the DD, and you will be happier in the long run. Good Luck! If you want any more advice on FErris mowers, feel free to PM me with any questions. I love my DD BTW.

FerrisDJB
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I just read that you're looking into or was looking into a Ferris SD 48. I've owned one for 15yrs. and use it extensively on hills.The difference between this one and the newer ones,the older versions had brake controls, which allowed you to crab the unit into the hill as you cut on angles. Just another voice in the crowd :)