PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleanups

GCSTL
01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Spring Cleanups.

How many do them, and what services do you offer?

Do you offer a package that includes many different services, or offer each service individually?

How do you price them?

Juan91
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
yea, im in the same boat as you

waiting to hear some feedback

xclusive
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Spring Cleanups.

How many do them, and what services do you offer?

Do you offer a package that includes many different services, or offer each service individually?

How do you price them?

I do them for all my clients. In my spring clean up price I include blowing all the beds, patios, decks, walks driveways out and then blowing down the whole lawn area and picking up an sticks, twigs, branches. I then spade edge every bed and pull any weeds. After that is all done I then cut the lawn, power edge the sidewalks/walkways with an edger then weed wack around. I price everything by per house based on how long I am there and how many guys are there with me plus a disposal fee based on what I take away from the property.

Smallaxe
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
This year it looks like we will be mulching in everything that is left over and fallen, since the snow period, began.

Final cleanup of annual, perrenial, & shrubs gardens, while pruning as we go. We missed it last fall so are going to do the complete pruning/cleaning package as soon as the snow is gone.

White Gardens
01-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I just go in and do what is asked, or what I know needs done. All my accounts are landscape maintenance accounts, so it's just part of the service that I offer, and generally everything is billed by the hour, plus hauling.

I'm in the same boat as above. I've got a few that I didn't get completely finished last fall, so I'll be doing them in the spring.

grassman177
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
we do it for accounts we manage the landscapes.

blowing out beds
cutting back any plants needed(grasses, daylilies etc)
mow and bag everything out in the lawn
pre emergent(if you are licensed) in the beds
mulch, and then get on to the next

all by the hour of course, or if we do it enough, we can bid it and put it in the yearly price if we do that for the customer

nicholsmowingservice
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM
My spring cleanups include

Removal of all leaves and debris from lawn and landscape
String trimming if needed
Bagging Lawn
Hauling all debris away

I also make sure homeowner/client is aware that i can trim bushes, cut back grasses, or prune anything. I always ask them if there is anything else they want me to do while i am there before i leave.

All is billed hourly. A 2 hour minimum charge applies for jobs less than one hour.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
for all my customers, they get a spring cleanup, which consist of edging all beds, blowing beds and grass areas, picking up sticks, spring fert, clean gutters, edge side walks, patios etc, and some of my customers get over seeded, but not all, I charge hourly for each guy I have on the job plus dumping fees

THC
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I power rake then bag with vac or blower.

OrganicsMaine
01-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I try to get everything as clean as possible in the fall which frees us up to do all of the extras that usually pop up in spring.....luckily, the weather cooperated and I was able to work through T-giving with no snow! So this spring we will just be doing light clean ups, edging all beds, fert for beds, cutting anything that we left for winter interest, and doing all necessary pruning. After all of that is done, mulch/compost in all beds.

With most clients on a 12 month roll, I have figured everything out by how many man hours I expect to spend on each site, plus materials. For those that are new or not on the payments, they are billed hourly plus materials. I don't pay to dump, but I do charge for the drive time.

Spring ferts on our organic properties don't happen until May, so that is about 4 weeks later.

turf and snow
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I do just like THC. Powerrake blow beds and vacuum it all up. Charge according to time and manpower

Jim Bo
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I cut all grasses and do the pruning in March, sometimes through the winter on annual contracts, then mid April we edge all beds "with a bed edger", clean and strip beds as needed, apply a base fertilizer, mulch with a brown dyed mulch, edge sidewalks & curbs and if it's not too big I will cut the grass as an extra. I try to do as much volumn work as possible, that way we are usally just moving down the street a couple houses at a time.
Jim Bo

STIHL GUY
01-14-2010, 09:41 PM
i charge an hourly rate and see what the customer wants done. usually its leaves, sticks, mulch and other things like that

THC
01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
I do just like THC. Powerrake blow beds and vacuum it all up. Charge according to time and manpower

Did you hear about the new garbage program? They are distributing those bins with with wheels, they only fit 3 bags of garbage in. Its really going to cramp my style if they come to the south end of the city I usually leave all the bags for the city to pick up. I'm not set up at all to take that crap away.

Barefoot James
01-19-2010, 08:21 PM
We reseed and topdress with compost on all thin or bad areas - Early March with clean ups that gives us time to fix bad spots before we have to use pre in mid april. Only way to fix opportunity and take advantage of the time of year - 75% of our seeding business is in the fall - full blown restoration. But March is a nice $$ bump and it fixes problems.