PDA

View Full Version : Presentaion Folders

M&B LAWN CARE
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Just wondering how many out there uses presentaion folders? to put bids in and then give the folder to the customer, would love some thoughts or ideas on this subject i am thinking about getting some made 125 for around 95.00 any and all advice is welcomed.

echeandia
01-11-2010, 09:52 PM
We only use presentation folders for commercial bids. They are too expensive for basic residential proposals.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
is that a good price though 125 for $95.00

sehitchman
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I like the idea, and for under a buck a piece not a bad price. I would think you would only hand them out to commercial or high end residential accounts. I made up a presentation flip folder, pictures, license, insurance cert, and services. The last two pages are the basic agreements for bi and weekly service. I say do it if you think it could help.

Marvelous Gardens
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I have never used a presentation folder, but I do have my business letterhead on all proposals and insert the proposal in a folder from wal-mart with the clear protection cover. But if you are going to submit that many bids that is a good price for custom folders imo.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I like the idea, and for under a buck a piece not a bad price. I would think you would only hand them out to commercial or high end residential accounts. I made up a presentation flip folder, pictures, license, insurance cert, and services. The last two pages are the basic agreements for bi and weekly service. I say do it if you think it could help.

definetly only hand them out to commercial accounts and high end residential accounts, would of came in handy earlier this year as i bid on and gotten a bestwestern commercial account, not bad i guess for just stating out and not even feb. yet. thanks for the comments i think i will order some ill let everyone know how they turn out.

DLAWNS
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
definetly only hand them out to commercial accounts and high end residential accounts, would of came in handy earlier this year as i bid on and gotten a bestwestern commercial account, not bad i guess for just stating out and not even feb. yet. thanks for the comments i think i will order some ill let everyone know how they turn out.

I disagree....I hand them out to almost every estimate I do. I have a few thousand of my logos printed out as stickers and buy cheap (but nice) folders from staples. I enclose my maintenance agreement, fert program, fert contract, list of services, contact sheet, mission statement, and refer a friend advertisement. I can guarantee that I've more than paid for them. They get rave reviews.

xclusive
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I disagree....I hand them out to almost every estimate I do. I have a few thousand of my logos printed out as stickers and buy cheap (but nice) folders from staples. I enclose my maintenance agreement, fert program, fert contract, list of services, contact sheet, mission statement, and refer a friend advertisement. I can guarantee that I've more than paid for them. They get rave reviews.

that sounds like a good idea.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-12-2010, 12:12 AM

so you suggest handing them out with every estimate that i do?

UpNorth
01-12-2010, 02:18 AM
MIKE... Where did you find folders for the price and quantity that you mentioned?

M&B LAWN CARE
01-12-2010, 08:25 AM
MIKE... Where did you find folders for the price and quantity that you mentioned?

At this website www.rndsigns.com

DLAWNS
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
so you suggest handing them out with every estimate that i do?

yup, that's what I do...it may cost slightly more than not putting the papers in a folder, but it's so much neater than handing them a stack of papers and it really impresses prospective customers. They always tend to hand it back to me after they've signed the agreement and I tell them that it's theirs to keep and it could be convenient to keep all of their invoices in. They all seem to like that.

mdvaden
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I've seen one company give these near Medford, and they looked good, but he already had a deal with the developer, and most of the work was to be his anyway. The folder was really more for something to file away about their landscape which came with the house.

Personally, I think that landscapers should do more to polish their presentation. Right now, I get work at about 8 of every 10 calls. If not 9 out of 10. So one question is, why would I want to raise my expenses and add one more piece of complexity.

What MarvelousGardens wrote sounds sensible ... make your own.

I can see one practical side, for maybe installations. The folder would not have the estimate, but it may have a before and after photo enclosed, even if just on gloss paper rather than photo stock. But mainly to include some tips on landscape maintenance, watering and inspection. Like when to winterize. Or the depth for mulch. Or that trees should not be pruned for 2 years after planting except for removing defects.

Not sure if I'd do it for pruning work.

Personally, I don't like people giving me more folders, even for the home. I like the fact that the computer or a disc can store info and keep my files smaller. My guess is that homeowners are often the same way these days. That's why I'd lean toward a self-made folder.

UpNorth
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
At this website www.rndsigns.com

Thanks... I wanted something custom designed. But when you do a custom full color folder with them it gets REAL expensive.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Yea i noticed that to thats why i am ordering the stock ill just stick my business card inside the holder there

AdamChrap
01-19-2010, 09:14 PM

I do the same thing, everybody gets one!