PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Idea, tell me what you think

sehitchman
01-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm considering making some business card cd's. I'm sure you have seen them, they are about the size of a normal business card. The outside of the cd would be printed with the standard business card info. The data inside would be things of interest. Video testimonials, photos of work, and an about us video showing equipment, my son, myself and my daughter. A short video bio of the business with work shots and possibly bloopers. I would like to include details of service agreements, allowing customers to see the difference between weekly, bi weekly, and other services. I could even include a digital copy of the business license and insurance info. My daughter, is highly involved with photography, video and journalism at school. She about knocked me down when I presented it to her.
As usual, I'm looking for suggestions and criticism of this plan.

bohiaa
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
dont try to reinvent the wheel.

remember a business card is NOT advertisement.

mowerbrad
01-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm with Bohiaa on this one.

All that stuff should be on your website, just put your web address on your business card and they would be able to get all that same information. A business card is just to give the potential customer contact info for your company.

sehitchman
01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I know the website is the best place. My daughter was looking for a project for her journalism class this semester and I threw it out to her. She needs to do some photo and video editing. We've got several customers who will not use email and barely surf the web. Mostly elderly, and I was looking for a higher tech way to get their friends and neighbors attention than a plain card or flyer. So far every customer has come from a referral.

DLAWNS
01-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I know the website is the best place. My daughter was looking for a project for her journalism class this semester and I threw it out to her. She needs to do some photo and video editing. We've got several customers who will not use email and barely surf the web. Mostly elderly, and I was looking for a higher tech way to get their friends and neighbors attention than a plain card or flyer. So far every customer has come from a referral.

I think it is an awesome idea....my only reason for not doing it would be cost....they would probably be a bit more expensive than regular cards. However...I would be curious to see what they would cost because it would seem like a really cool thing to give a couple to each customer and hope they pass them out. It's something that not a lot of guys do so it could definitely work. If you do decide to try it...I would love to hear the results.

grassman177
01-12-2010, 12:47 AM
very neat idea, but prob not worth the cost. but for your daughter to pracitice with for school and you can use them then by all means. great dad i have to say

LawnoftheMonth
01-12-2010, 12:59 AM
I would use them, one of my customers gave me some of his and they are incredible (he designs pools).

plus it seperates you from lower scale competition.

topsites
01-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I would have to agree not to confuse business cards with advertising.

ecoguy
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
There's also a biz card that you can plant and it grows into a nice flower. Swanky idea but highly impractical.