PDA

View Full Version : snow plow adaptation?

drpepperinacan
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I am trying to buy a meyers snow plow from someone and the bracket that attaches the plow to the truck is to small for mine. the bracket is made for an 85' chevy 1/2 ton and my truck is an 86' ford 1/2 ton , the bracket would bolt on but it is 4 inches to narrow for my truck. is there any way to adapt the bracket to fit my truck? I am getting a really good deal on this plow but I don't want to spend the money to get a bracket that will fit my truck from meyers. the plow is a 7 or 8 ft meyers , it was only used for 45 minutes a few years ago and was never used again. the guy is only asking a 1000 for it and he paid 3800 for it, thats a pretty good deal right?

modedicebox
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Try Plowsite. They for sure can help you over there.

ACA L&L
01-12-2010, 01:36 AM
The best thing to do is buy the correct mounting bracket and wiring harness that is specific to your truck. You are only looking at another $800-$1500 maybe, you can also get the bracket and harness info that you need from the dealer and search ebay, craigslist and plowsite, someone is bound to have it cheap. A new 8ft meyer installed is less than 4 bills, so im sure u can find, and with the plow side being so new and cheap it will be worth it to look.