PDA

View Full Version : quality of cut question

flatlander42
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Have any of you had ANY experience with this style of mower? Rear Engine Rider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoheZuSreA

I have a "project" that I want to use the deck off of a mower like this for. The only thing is that I'd like to be able to go about 7mph, and still do a good job. I don't want to get toooo deep into it and find out that the deck don't do worth a hoot. Soo, any information is Good Information!

Thanks

hornett22
01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
they have a long blade.i don't think it will cut well over 2 MPH

flatlander42
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Even if you speed things up? As in mount the motor to the rear and use pulleys to increase the blade speed...?

ALC-GregH
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
If that you mowing, you have a lot to learn. :D

I wouldn't fool with it myself.

sehitchman
01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Had a couple of the snapper rear engine riders in the past. A 28" deck that gave a good cut at moderate speed with minimal growth. The 33" cut ok, but needed to run very slow to keep up with any thick grass and bogged often even at a snail's pace. It is probably the most common consumer mower around here though.

flatlander42
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
If that you mowing, you have a lot to learn. :D

I wouldn't fool with it myself.

That was just a video I found to use as an example of the type of mower I was talking about. I don't have any videos of me mowing, but if ya look ya can find pics of what I have!

I will not be using anything but the deck. If it had more power do you think that it would be worth a shot? The grass I cut is mowed every week, so overgrown grass is not much of an issue.

The Rookie
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
elaborate with what your trying to do with the deck.

flatlander42
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I want to try and make a "wing deck"/"flex deck" that would be off to the side of my 48" wakler. Thought of using a 21", but thought I'd give a little bit begger deck a try.