PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat ZTR's & Walkbehinds

SouthSide Cutter
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Anybody running these mowers and what do you think. Looked at some the other day not built like a Scag but not the price either. Will they take a beating, and what are they like with 1000hrs on them.

jeffslawnservice
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Anybody running these mowers and what do you think. Looked at some the other day not built like a Scag but not the price either. Will they take a beating, and what are they like with 1000hrs on them.

Not sure how many hours the one i use at work has but I love it. I use the WB mostly. It was a 48 and it took a beating. One of the other guys i worked with went over and directly hit a stump with the blades. The stump went into pieces and the mower kept going. I was happy with Bobcat mowers perfromance and would recommend them. I am in the market for one now.

STIHL GUY
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
my 48" bobcat WB has over 500 hrs on it and hasnt needed anyhting but belts oil filters blades and that type of things. it is built really sturdy and will take anything you throw at it

LawnboyTim
01-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I just picked up a new Bobcat classic pro 48" walkbehind mower and love it, I havent gotten to mow with it yet, but have had older bobcats and they all lasted a long time and produced a great cut.

Bunton Guy
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Well I have been a member here for a quite some time so I really couldn't go and change my screen name but I've used more Bobcats then any other mower.

I've had great luck with every single one. Along the way you hit bumps or should I say my employees would hit bumps (curbs) and have had to replace non wear items due to employee abuse. But in general they were just as tough as any other mower I've owned. I really like my scag hydro walk behinds to but they are to heavy and bulky. I can't barely lift my scag 48" hydro with the SWz deck over a stump or something in the lawn V.S. my bobcat I barely push down and I can wheelie it over junk in the lawns.

I wouldn't' hesitate to buy another. Mine were always hydro fixed deck units.

milo
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
yes bobcat's are good i owned like 5 ztr's and 1 54 hydro wb.
their spindles use same bearings as exmarks...

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
well i have a 10 yr old 36" wb bobcat/ransome, it has only need your normal replacemants and it is still a very very good mower. i would recomand ou in buying a bobcat mower

scagrider22
01-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I dont use them anymore but I did for years and they are a good mower at a great price.

TurtleCreekL&L42
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a 52'' ZTR and a 36'' Wb and love every bit of them and ive beaten em up pretty badly the wbs fallen off the ramp going up on its side and nothing more than a scratch. ive moved trailers with the ZTR with a ball and hitch. these machines are sturdy an well built each has around 400 hrs and ive just replaced oil, cleaned the filters and replaced oil filter and i might need to replace one belt that i accendently nipped

B&M
01-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Got a 52in procat here, it has been a great machine. We will buy another one soon.

jmullins6987
02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
the bobcat is a super reliable machine and ofter one of the best warranty's in the industry. they are the cheapest of the three major brands (bobcat,scag,exmark)

WREBELMACHINE
02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Build is not that much diffrent than the others but it is a simple reliable productive product.