PDA

View Full Version : Large Commercial Account. What would you do?

CommercialSnow
01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
We are doing very well as a winter service provider in the chicagoland area and one of our clients wants us to do their landscaping also. It would be very easy maintenance. And would be a full time job for one guy 40-50 hrs / week with all the equipment necessary(we would need to buy it). Or it would be 20-25 hour/week for a 2 man crew. There is over 50 locations and they need mowing every 2 weeks so basically 4 locations a day for 2 weeks for one guy or 8 locations a day every other week for a 2 man crew. they are small locations spanning all over chicagoland with locations separated by 15 mins or less. Would you have one guys do it and buy all the equipment or sub it out to a 2 man crew and let them handle it with their own equipment?

Bunton Guy
01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Are you in the maintenance field? I would take this as a grand opportunity to expand your business at a comfortable rate. You would be able to offer new services to all your clients if this isn't already something you do.

Take your time and think it through. Run the numbers twice! And when your done if you decide to venture into this field make sure you let all your other clients know that this is a new service that you are offering! Good Luck.

BTW. In this down economy its hard to turn new money away! Sayin?

R & R Yard Designs
01-12-2010, 08:43 PM
If you don't mind, what company is this for. I can help you with numbers if you want
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
I would say you would run one guy into the ground...
Better with a two guy crew

JayD
01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Man, I wish I could have this problem to deal with....

topsites
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I learned if the job is more than what I can wrap my mind around, leave it alone.

Surf'n'Turf
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I learned if the job is more than what I can wrap my mind around, leave it alone.

great way to challenge yourself! so most of your lawns are 1,000 sq ft or less?

Greenleaf Lawns
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
There is over 50 locations and they need mowing every 2 weeks

they are small locations

They better be small or you will be hating life, every other week accounts are tough. I have two but only because they are right next to other accounts. They always look bad in my opinion, but the owners don't seem to care. I am not proud of these accounts at all. In my experience every other week accts will not pay an upcharge for your extra time so they are simply - trim and mow NO BAG and they look it...

CommercialSnow
01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
they are fast food restaurants with minimal mowing. so 2 weeks is ok. I am debating buying equipment to do it in house or sub it out. We usually take the summer off, but this opportunity is too good to pass up.

R & R Yard Designs
01-13-2010, 12:54 AM
CS get back to me about this, i would like to talk to you when you get a chance. russdoszak@yahoo.com

ohiogreenworks
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Sent PM to you on plowsite