PDA

View Full Version : 115 size Kobelco

nedly05
01-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Who has a kobelco 115SR,135SR or ED150. I just want to hear what you think of them, I really am happy with our 70SR, it's a little hot rod. Having little experience on anything larger made by Kobelco I wanted to hear from those with real world experience. Feel free to post as many pics as you want!:)

Man would I love to have a ED150 Bladerunner!

nedly05
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll start with the pics!

nedly05
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
And a nice bladerunner!

Scag48
01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm a Kobelco supporter, I like their hoes. Sadly I haven't run all that many, only a few, but from what I have run I like them. The Bladerunners are too sweet.

Gravel Rat
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
One of the contactors here swears by Kobelco machines. I have used 160 Kobelco its real quick something you would have to get used to.

If you can swing a blade runner it would be the best choice a 15 ton machine is the smallest I would go if you already have a 7.5 ton machine.

nedly05
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
One of the contactors here swears by Kobelco machines. I have used 160 Kobelco its real quick something you would have to get used to.

If you can swing a blade runner it would be the best choice a 15 ton machine is the smallest I would go if you already have a 7.5 ton machine.

From what I understand, a ED150 is an 18 ton machine. It has the undercarriage of a 210, and the upperstructure of a 115, 135. I really want to look at one up close.

Gravel Rat
01-12-2010, 07:21 PM
It is 15 ton metric so ya it would be more or less 16.5 ton imperial.

The extra weight of the blade etc it maybe weighs 17 ton. I do know the blade runner was in high demand. Another contractor in the area said trying to get one was tough.

nedly05
01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
There are a few around, they are pretty spendy, even for a used one.

Gravel Rat
01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
They are good for utility work it is why they are spendy you can dig and backfill with one machine. Also good for lifting you have lots of stability with the blade down.

nedly05
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I talked to a guy who owns one over in Vermont, he loves it, says its a real work horse. The thing he dislike the most was digging over the blade, he said it blocks visibility so he digs over the rear most of the time. I know a lot of guys wont dig over the drives, but I've asked some mechanics who say it's not a big deal to put the blade behind you and dig that way.

Junior M
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Me and Kaiser went halfsee's on a Blade runner a while back.. :p

:laugh:

Junior M
01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I talked to a guy who owns one over in Vermont, he loves it, says its a real work horse. The thing he dislike the most was digging over the blade, he said it blocks visibility so he digs over the rear most of the time. I know a lot of guys wont dig over the drives, but I've asked some mechanics who say it's not a big deal to put the blade behind you and dig that way.
I want factual proof that digging over the drives is harmful to the machine..

nedly05
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
It's not, just a lot of operators think it is (I guess)

I was just talking to a mechanic buddy on the phone and he said he knew of no reason that it would be detrimental to the machine, he though that guys kept the drives to the rear for extra counterweight.

How do you and kaiser like your bladrunner? Didnt your Mom pay for your half???:laugh:

Junior M
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
It's not, just a lot of operators think it is (I guess)

I was just talking to a mechanic buddy on the phone and he said he knew of no reason that it would be detrimental to the machine, he though that guys kept the drives to the rear for extra counterweight.

How do you and kaiser like your bladrunner? Didnt your Mom pay for your half???:laugh:
Yeah, she did. But I was young and dumb and decided to listen to Kaiser.. :hammerhead: :wall

nedly05
01-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, she did. But I was young and dumb and decided to listen to Kaiser.. :hammerhead: :wall

Have you ever run one? if so how'd you like it ( a real one not a made up halfsees one):waving:

Junior M
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Have you ever run one? if so how'd you like it ( a real one not a made up halfsees one):waving:
I've never even seen one up close!

AEL
01-12-2010, 10:39 PM
yes the drives are normally kept behind you for the extra counterweight. I dig with the blade behind me on the minis all the time. Never ran a kobelco, but i ran a NH 135 which i was told is very similar. Not a bad unit, i would take a pc128 over it though.

Scag48
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I ran a newer Kobelco 135 that I liked a lot more than the Komatsu PC138-8 we have. It was a lot smoother and better balanced, cab was pretty decent as well. To be fair, the Komatsu has a hydraulic pin grabber, huge prog. link CWS thumb, and a pretty beefed up bucket compared to the Kobelco's direct link thumb, no coupler, and a general purpose bucket. Also, I believe the Komatsu has a little bit longer stick. I'd be curious to see how they compare if equipped exactly the same. The 135 was nice, though.

As for digging over the drives, it's heresay about damage to them IMO. Most of our hoes have stickers in the cabs to remind us to dig over the idlers only and I follow suit. I'll set the hoe up however the boss wants me to. Really depends on what you're doing, though, sometimes digger over the idlers isn't possible. Sitting on a bench loading trucks, if the big boss drives by and you're not bailing over the idlers you can almost count on getting your two checks.

nedly05
01-13-2010, 05:19 AM
I ran (really just played) with a 135 for a few minutes on day, it had a weld on hydraulic thumb, pin grabber and a 5 foot grading bucket. I really only just graded with it for a few minutes but it was really smooth. I actually ran a 115 for a few hours on a field job we were doing a few years ago. The excavator belonged to a sub of ours, he and I built the field, I was running the dozer but it was cold and snowing so we took turns running the 115 because it was warm in there!!

What does it mean "get your two checks"? I'm guessing it has something to do with being fired.

ksss
01-13-2010, 10:34 AM

What Jr. doesn't know is that I actually took his moms part out in trade. Opps guess the cats out of the bag.:cool2:

nedly05
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
What Jr. doesn't know is that I actually took his moms part out in trade. Opps guess the cats out of the bag.:cool2:

Sweet how was it?

Gravel Rat
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I heard Juniors mom was visiting Idaho. Bob is the biggest guy she has ever been with he isn't called tri pod for nothing :laugh:

nedly05
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdapDV6dBk&feature=related

Heres a little bladerunner video link to get this back on track. Sorry Jr. didnt mean for any disrespect toward your Ma.

Junior M
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry Jr. didnt mean for any disrespect toward your Ma.

Its good, I am so used to there crap I just ignore it.. :laugh:

Scag48
01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
What does it mean "get your two checks"? I'm guessing it has something to do with being fired.

Means you're getting fired. They'll give you your check for the last pay period and then pay you what's owed for the current pay period.

coopers
01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
What's the big deal about digging over the idlers?

t190
01-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Scag, i dont know where you get this ego from, but your a small fry in a land of big mac's. Boss cannin a guy for diggin over sprockets? there is no difference between idlers and sprockets, up her' in ol snowin canada,:canadaflag: so i dont know why it would be differnet 500km from us.
bouncin over the stumps(loggin), you are taught to go sprockets first, so you dont push your idlers in on a stump and throw your track, therefor i would guess 85% of our site prep, high and wide roadbuilders work over the sprokets. AND yes we have gone through 4 track motors in 20 000 hours of operation, but these machines work 50% slopes and are constantly moving all day 1500 hours or more a year.
And on our processors and log loaders we have over 70 000 combinded workin hours that i would guess 70% is over sprockets and less than 4 track motors. And these machines work in 100% more challanging enviroments from mud 4 feet deep to snow 4 feet deep to 50% slopes. Yes we are not digging but our processors have a 6000 pound head dangling at almost max reach, would put stress on track motors, but we have 2 deere 200s with over 30000 combined hours and orginal drive motors...myth busted right there
the only machine on tracks we run idlers forward are d7's and out 90 000 pound deere tiltin bunchers, because they tilt more forward and they have rises idles on a d7 u/c.
sorry to ramble but i couldnt take scag's knowitall syndrome anymore..

Gravel Rat
01-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't see any problems digging over the the sprockets I know many operators that have been bush operators for 30 years they look at you funny when you ask a question like that.

The Madill 3800 the the loggers use out here for hoe chucking or have a Waratah 626 Big wood processor head that weighs 10,000lbs hanging of the end of the stick.

t190
01-13-2010, 11:25 PM
scag just a know it all union bloke, probley never even left the city limits in a machine

Gravel Rat
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Come on now T190 be nice there is a difference between a bush operator like you and a city operator like Scag. A city operator doesn't even know what a highwalker road builder is :laugh:

Bush machines used here in B.C. are specifically built and designed for B.C. forestry with heavier undercarriages etc. You rarely see a city excavator with a forestry cab on it like a Hitachi Forester roadbuilder.

Operating a road builder machine is different from a standard hoe for one thing your sitting higher off the ground. You have far more traction with 2 bar and single bar grousers.

t190
01-13-2010, 11:40 PM
oh and to add one more thing, highwalkers are more prone to drve motor failiers, due to single or double grousers, bigger rails and flotation rock guards. yet that being said the drive motors are a size bigger, but still way harder life than a city machine
i doubt scag could get in a highwalker, he wouls have to hit the gym first, our new lil hitachi forsester 200 is 5 feet high to the catwalks.

Gravel Rat
01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
You have to watch your step getting into a highwalker roadbuilder. The Hitachi 350 roadbuilders are tall one slip and your busting your shins. It is like mountain climbing to get into the machine.

ksss
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Its good, I am so used to there crap I just ignore it.. :laugh:

If your gonna flip it, you'd better be able to take it, and Jr. has earned the right to talk trash cause he can take it.

Scag48
01-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Scag, i dont know where you get this ego from, but your a small fry in a land of big mac's. Boss cannin a guy for diggin over sprockets? there is no difference between idlers and sprockets, up her' in ol snowin canada,:canadaflag: so i dont know why it would be differnet 500km from us.
bouncin over the stumps(loggin), you are taught to go sprockets first, so you dont push your idlers in on a stump and throw your track, therefor i would guess 85% of our site prep, high and wide roadbuilders work over the sprokets. AND yes we have gone through 4 track motors in 20 000 hours of operation, but these machines work 50% slopes and are constantly moving all day 1500 hours or more a year.
And on our processors and log loaders we have over 70 000 combinded workin hours that i would guess 70% is over sprockets and less than 4 track motors. And these machines work in 100% more challanging enviroments from mud 4 feet deep to snow 4 feet deep to 50% slopes. Yes we are not digging but our processors have a 6000 pound head dangling at almost max reach, would put stress on track motors, but we have 2 deere 200s with over 30000 combined hours and orginal drive motors...myth busted right there
the only machine on tracks we run idlers forward are d7's and out 90 000 pound deere tiltin bunchers, because they tilt more forward and they have rises idles on a d7 u/c.
sorry to ramble but i couldnt take scag's knowitall syndrome anymore..

Whatever man. Guess we hold ourselves to a higher standard. Now you gotta bust an ego about shovel logging with a highwalker? Dude get over yourself.

Junior M
01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
If your gonna flip it, you'd better be able to take it, and Jr. has earned the right to talk trash cause he can take it.
I sure have dealt with alot of yalls BS.. :waving: :cool2:

nedly05
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
I took a ride up to the new municipal water system reservoir in town. They have an ED150 Bladerunner up there. I looked it over pretty good, I have to admit, I was drooling. Enjoy!

(sorry the pics are crappy, I forgot my camera was in my work truck)

nedly05
01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I tried to get a pic of just about everything.

nedly05
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
The blade assembly seems pretty rugged, I like the clipped tracks too. The undercarriage is definitly beefy, the drives are huge. I like the two upper rollers. The controls in this machine seem stiffer than the ones on our 70 which makes me think it would be pretty smooth. I like the little blade control, its a funny looking thing. I would really love to demo one.

nedly05
01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I love geith buckets, though I would rather have a wedge lock type coupler. I have never used a stick mount hydraulic thumb, both of our thumbs are direct pin mount, (non progressive) A ton of guys in the area have geith stick mount thumbs so they cant be that bad.

ksss
01-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I really like the idea of these things. I think I would likely need the 190 sized version to get the reach but I would like to demo one to see if it runs as well as it looks. They sure seem to hold their value. There must be something to them.

I wish CNH would straighten out Kobleco. They have really dropped the ball on how they are supporting and running the Kobelco name.

nedly05
01-16-2010, 04:49 PM
I really like the idea of these things. I think I would likely need the 190 sized version to get the reach but I would like to demo one to see if it runs as well as it looks. They sure seem to hold their value. There must be something to them.

I wish CNH would straighten out Kobleco. They have really dropped the ball on how they are supporting and running the Kobelco name.

What have they done to the Kobelco name? I dont stay up to date with stuff enough really.

Ozz
01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
What have they done to the Kobelco name? I dont stay up to date with stuff enough really.

Exactly what they said. they dropped the ball on it. They push Case and Link-Belt hoes way more than the Kobelcos. They used to push Kobelco more.

nedly05
01-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Exactly what they said. they dropped the ball on it. They push Case and Link-Belt hoes way more than the Kobelcos. They used to push Kobelco more.

I never would have guessed that due to there being a lot of Kobelcos in my area and no Link-Belts, Cases or New Hollands. The Kobelco hoes are great IMO. Never run any of the others, but I guess essentially they are all the same.

Ozz
01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I never would have guessed that due to there being a lot of Kobelcos in my area and no Link-Belts, Cases or New Hollands. The Kobelco hoes are great IMO. Never run any of the others, but I guess essentially they are all the same.

Link-Belt and case are Suhimoto machines. New Holland and Kobelco are Kobelco.

ksss
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Spoke with a dealer who carries Link Belt and Kobelco. Kobelco has has made life miserable for dealers which had dropped their marketshare to half what it was from what it was 5 years ago. Many dealers have dropped Kobelco's line. Sounds to me like corporate mismanagement.

Kobelco builds a nice machine but it appears that far from growing the brand they are crippling it.

nedly05
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Spoke with a dealer who carries Link Belt and Kobelco. Kobelco has has made life miserable for dealers which had dropped their marketshare to half what it was from what it was 5 years ago. Many dealers have dropped Kobelco's line. Sounds to me like corporate mismanagement.

Kobelco builds a nice machine but it appears that far from growing the brand they are crippling it.

This is bad news! I never realized it was such a goofed up company.