tthomass
01-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, I bought one. Found a guy selling:

'05 T-250
530 hrs
Pilot controls
Bucket
Grapple

Got it all for $23,500. It doesn't even have scratches on it and looks new.......couldn't pass that deal up.

Thanks for the help and comparisons but ended up sticking with what I knew! I'll get pictures up later, its dark outside.

Scag48
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm no Bobcat maniac but you got a damn good deal IMO. Congrats on the new machine, enjoy!

Omran&Turbo
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
you Did real good, I think you will be very satesfide with your new machine, I have one since 2006 same model and I love it, the amount of work you can do with the t250 is unbelievable. try to find a trencher for it, you wll make some money installing waterlines.

mrsops
01-12-2010, 08:24 PM

'05 T-250
530 hrs
Pilot controls
Bucket
Grapple

Got it all for $23,500. It doesn't even have scratches on it and looks new.......couldn't pass that deal up.

Thanks for the help and comparisons but ended up sticking with what I knew! I'll get pictures up later, its dark outside.

Does it have cab and heat?? Congrats on the machine get some pics up asap

tthomass
01-12-2010, 09:08 PM
This is the only picture I have. My guy took a quick picture with his phone.

Yes, heat and AC. Also an electric power auxiliary for attachments such as a tree spade........which I'll probably never use. The pilot controls are pretty sweat.....smooth. I'm only 25 but my knees/legs don't like me if I'm in there all day.

mrsops
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Machine looks really clean.. You got a good deal

Junior M
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow, that looks really clean..

I've always wanted to run a T200/250..

tthomass
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Its been garage kept.....like I said, not even scratches. The guy just didn't realize what he had, but I did :)

ksss
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Its been garage kept.....like I said, not even scratches. The guy just didn't realize what he had, but I did :)

Ha, you might want to put some hours on it before you beat your chest too much. He might have gotten the last laugh. You don't know until you have put a couple hundred hours on it. That is the reality of used equipment, especially from a private seller.

NEUSWEDE
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Stop lying you stole that off the dealers lot.

JK nice find! Defintely a deal.

Good luck with it!

tthomass
01-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I understand the possibilities but you can also tell a lot about someone's character from talking to them. Had he not answered certain questions in a particular way I liked, or had I felt something wasn't right, I would not have bought it. That simple.

He's also a heavy equipment operator for 20 years. This was his "toy". Some people have Corvettes, some have Bobcats. He also has a nice Ford Fairlane he's restoring as a side business he does in the same garage the Bobcat was kept. Someone with those abilities and attention to detail + occupation + knowledge and his answers..........I felt very comfortable with my decision to buy.

tnmtn
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Congrats and good luck with the new machine.

tthomass
01-12-2010, 10:54 PM
How's TN these days? That 4500 holding up for you?

Digdeep
01-12-2010, 11:11 PM
This is the only picture I have. My guy took a quick picture with his phone.

Yes, heat and AC. Also an electric power auxiliary for attachments such as a tree spade........which I'll probably never use. The pilot controls are pretty sweat.....smooth. I'm only 25 but my knees/legs don't like me if I'm in there all day.

Is that a bolt missing from the sprocket?

tnmtn
01-12-2010, 11:11 PM
the 4500 has proven to be a great truck for me. i couldn't be happier about a truck. it has taken a big part of the load from the old C65. they seem to compliment each other well.
take care,

AEL
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Very clean looking machine! And the wiring harness can be used for angle broom, soil conditioner, blade, grader, etc etc

bobcatuser
01-13-2010, 12:42 AM

'05 T-250
530 hrs
Pilot controls
Bucket
Grapple

Now that's a deal! Is that kind of pricing common for used equipment in your area. It seems low, what would the guy have paid new in 05?

Junior M
01-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Is that a bolt missing from the sprocket?
It sure does appear that way..

tthomass
01-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, one nut is missing. There could be a story behind it but the others I know have not ever been off the machine. It was unknown why it was gone. Potential flag, yes, but considering the others had never been off the machine or had hub work done......I'll just place it.

KrayzKajun
01-13-2010, 10:11 AM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digdeep
01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes, one nut is missing. There could be a story behind it but the others I know have not ever been off the machine. It was unknown why it was gone. Potential flag, yes, but considering the others had never been off the machine or had hub work done......I'll just place it.

Clean looking machine. Can you post a couple photos of your sprockets?

I can't tell from the first photo you posted, but it looks like you may have some advanced sprocket wear and if so, you can save some serious $$$$$ by changing them out. it may just be the shadows in the picture, but it doesn't hurt to take a look.

tthomass
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
This is the smaller, old hub style. Thanks for your help.

wanabe
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Very nice machine for the price. Looks like it was never even used much. One thing though, I would clean the snow off the trailer deck next time. I have seen them slide right off.

tthomass
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah I know. I thought about it but it was ice vs snow and we had to get going. I wanted to see the machine in daylight. The temps were around 17 so I wasn't worried about melting and had proper chains holding it down.

toomuchtime
01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice machine!

Mr. Rain
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
That's a lot of machine for the money. Hope it works out well for you.

Myself, I am not a fan of the BC joysticks though. I spent a lot of hours in a S250 with them about the same vintage as yours. I hated every minute of it. The delay was very aggravating and they seemed very unpredictable at times. I felt more tired and beat up at the end of a day than I was running boat oars all day. Haven't run another one since, maybe they're better now.

mrsops
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
That's a lot of machine for the money. Hope it works out well for you.

Myself, I am not a fan of the BC joysticks though. I spent a lot of hours in a S250 with them about the same vintage as yours. I hated every minute of it. The delay was very aggravating and they seemed very unpredictable at times. I felt more tired and beat up at the end of a day than I was running boat oars all day. Haven't run another one since, maybe they're better now.

There 100 times more better there very smooth now

tthomass
01-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Can't you also have updates downloaded??

mrsops
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Thomas I'm amazed on how clean that machine is. There doesn't even look like there's a scratch on the back door. What the hell did this guy do? I guess that's the good thing about working in open areas you dont bang the hell out of the machine

bobcatexc
01-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Some of you guys have to much time or drool over picutures to much if you can spot a missing bolt. I've seen some commet before on something like that.

I say tailgates been repainted but grapple with no scratches??:confused::confused: I don't care how careful you are at some point you going to scratch it

Digdeep
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM
This is the smaller, old hub style. Thanks for your help.

They look OK. Just remember to change them out when you change tracks. Don't buy into that rubbish about swapping sides. It actually wears out your new tracks quicker.

tthomass
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Grapple just hadn't really been used. The machine was used originally to put gravel along new home foundations.......thats it haha. Thats why its so clean, it didn't do anything. Though today it did get in the dirt/snow, push over some trees and move some big logs around where I'm clearing out for my shop. It may have even gotten a scratch.

Digdeep
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Some of you guys have to toomuch time or drool over picutures to too much if you can spot a missing bolt. I've seen some commet comment before on something like that.

I say tailgates been repainted but grapple with no scratches??:confused::confused: I don't care how careful you are at some point you you're going to scratch it

English or grammar much?:drinkup:

YellowDogSVC
01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
There 100 times more better there very smooth now

agree. I see no difference between my bobcat s330 and my cat 272c

Junior M
01-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Some of you guys have to much time or drool over picutures to much if you can spot a missing bolt. I've seen some commet before on something like that.

I say tailgates been repainted but grapple with no scratches??:confused::confused: I don't care how careful you are at some point you going to scratch it
I didnt notice it till whats his face said it.. :laugh: