PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy!

srobert
01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi to all,
I'm in Frederick, Maryland and my background over the last 30 years has all been in construction and contruction management. Due to market conditions I was laid off last March after 23 years with a National builder.
So I decided to start my own home improvement business and while I was waiting for the paperwork all to be processed to obtain a license I passed out some flyers in my community offering mowing and landscape maintenance. I've picked up 8 customers but would like to have about 30. Not to brag, but I seem to do a little more for the money than most of the outfits around here do and my customers love me.
I have since obtained my home improvement license and have picked up a few small jobs but it's still a slow market. If anyone has customer overflow in lawncare, a nice problem to have, I'd be interested in talking. I have an Exmark 46" ztr with vaccum bagger, Exmark 36" Viking hydro, and a 52" Scag hydro. Thanks all!

BearWise Landscapers
01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Good luck and welcome to the website!

DLAWNS
01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the site! Sounds like some pretty nice equipment...I especially like the Exmarks.

g21
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Welcome,
You're in a killer area! There is no limit to how much you can grow the landscape management side of your business there. It's a pretty sophisticated commercial market there, but if you know how to present yourself - No Limit!
Let me know if I can help.

Tommy

Greenscapelawn
01-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Good luck with your business..hopefully things will pick up for the whole industry