PDA

View Full Version : New Guy in Canada.

llpp
01-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Found this site by doing a search and looks pretty good so far.. I started off a year and half ago selling stone from a quarry ,but they went bankrupt ,so had to figure something else to do .I had hooked up with a highschool bud from 30 years ago ,because he was wanting some rock ,I told him that this was going to be it ,once the summer was over.We discussed a little further and we decided to venture into the Landscaping business(when i was selling rock I could of did about 20 jobs for all profit).He has 30 years experience in this and worked with his brother for the last couple in something different.Well to make the story shorter,we bought all the equipment.We also do snow removal with 2 trucks,subcontracting for 10 jobs only when snows,we got under cut on contract jobs .So now with time on my hands ,I am starting to set up for Lawn Care ,Making a list for cold calls and getting a letter going ,maybe a flyer or postcard . Need to get this started or my wife is going to make me get a 9-5 job with someone else-i am retired from ford-early age.I came into this retirement with the aspect that I will only work for myself .Hopefully this year will do great and grow yearly ,so son can take over eventually.Looking forward to looking through the forums.

DLAWNS
01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

JFGauvreau
01-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forums!

g21
01-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Welcome!
let us know if we can help.

Tommy