PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander-what do you think of them?

chideloh
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Can you tell me about the Wright Stander mowers?

I am thinking about purchasing one. I plan to go and look at one today (used one).

What has been your experience? Are they good machines? How do they compare with other w/b and riding mowers?

Anything I need to look for in used one?

Thanks in advance.

David

nboeger4
01-13-2010, 01:56 PM
it all depends on what kind of grass/properties you mow. but i mow mostly warm season grass on properties that are flat and some have hills. i love my stander. its a 48in with a 17hp motor. however i have heard bad things on the rapid height standers.

chideloh
01-13-2010, 03:44 PM
What do you mean "rapid height standers"?

Thanks

wiseguyslawn
01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Standers are great for a 36 in mower. by far the best. If you need something bigger and bag get a sit down, exmark/grasshopper. If not bagging stander would be great, if mowing alot of accounts legs start to feel it.

I have the RH no problems here. knock on wood. I change heights too much, on to many properties. life saver. beats getting greasy, and messing with the links every time to chane height. PITA. jmo.

grassman177
01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
dey is da greatest mang!

Turf Dawg
01-13-2010, 09:25 PM
dey is da greatest mang!

Do I say that with a jersey accent or a cajun accent?

nboeger4
01-13-2010, 11:08 PM
the rapid height standers are the ones that have floating decks unlike the normal standers that have fixed decks. look at wrights website im sure they have some pics. i would post some but i need to get to bed.