PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think (Referral Card)

CLC
01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
heres what im sending out let me know what you think.
also attached referral cards
Letter:

Dear,
Since we started business in 2000, Coleman’s Lawns & Landscapes has strived to provide our customers with the best service in the landscaping industry. Our new Rewards Program continues and enhances that tradition by giving our customers points, discounts and privileges.

Rewards Points
Here’s how to earn Rewards Points.

- Earn one point for every dollar you spend with Coleman‘s Lawns & Landscapes. For every 200 points you earn, you will receive a $5 reward certificate to redeem on your next service. There is no limit! The more you spend, the more you earn!

- Tell anyone! Friends, family, co-workers or neighbors, who are in need of the services we provide. With each referral that you provide that results in the purchase of a service valued over $100.00, you will earn 1000 Rewards Points a $25.00 reward value!

- Pre-Pay for your season of weekly maintenance services and earn 2000 Reward Points a $50.00 reward value!

Thank you again for choosing and supporting Coleman’s Lawns & Landscapes. We’re excited to provide these “Rewards” to you, your friends and family.

nboeger4
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
i like the general idea...

but heres the problem i can see. i dont know how big your company is but it seems like this could get confusing quick trying to keep everyones points up to date.

maybe if there was a way to set quikbooks up to rewards points so when you put together an invoice it automatically gives them there points? i doubt it but it sounds like a good idea. maybe i should contact quikbooks. lol

CLC
01-13-2010, 11:10 PM
my thoughts were to issue a reward certificate every 200 point or everytime they had a sucsessfull referral so i wasnt dealing with people saving up 1000s of points they get their certificate that has an experation date of the end of year

mowerknower
01-13-2010, 11:15 PM
I would go with a discount for prepayment and a gift certificate for referals. To me the points system sounds like Im in 1st grade getting gold stars. JMO

nboeger4
01-13-2010, 11:16 PM
well even to keep track of them up to 200 points. but like i said i dont know what kind of customers you are dealing with. your average weekly client per service could be $75 when mine down here is a $35 average for residential. so it would take my customers more then a 1 month billing period to reach the 200 points.

but like i said i like the idea of a rewards system. im by no means doging your idea.

CLC
01-13-2010, 11:21 PM
thanks for the input guys keep it coming

sehitchman
01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't discount your service, go to the nearest family restaurant, hardware store, kids entertainment place, bowling alley, liquor store, oil change place, etc. Negotiate gift certificates at a discount and reward your customers with those. That way everyone always pays full price. I've got a local mechanic who does oil changes. I've traded out much work just to get the truck serviced. He will about give an oil change away to get customers in for mechanical and tires. The monthly point thing would be a PITA for me to keep up with.

mowerbrad
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Like others have said, it does seem like it would be a little hard to keep track of how many points that customers' have. I would stick with a just giving "rewards" for people who give you referrals.

hornett22
01-13-2010, 11:41 PM
sounds pretty good to me. smart thinking.

CLC
01-14-2010, 12:06 AM
I may have found a free program to track the point ill let you guys know! Keep up the input thanks guys

grassman177
01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
creative thinking. it is hard not to do it, but never discount your service. it is tempting as so many do it, but it only leads to non devoted clients. you can sue this with some of the fine ideas everyone is sharing and good luck to you

mowerbrad
01-14-2010, 12:10 AM
I may have found a free program to track the point ill let you guys know! Keep up the input thanks guys

Well if you have a program that will track the points, then I think you have a great idea on your hands. There are lots of businesses out there that have similar programs, not necessarily lawn companies, but just in general. If it has worked for them, then I'm sure you can get it to work for you. It's just the matter of making sure you have a program that will keep track of the points.

CLC
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Just Bumping it up

Kutz Lawns
01-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Don't discount your service, go to the nearest family restaurant, hardware store, kids entertainment place, bowling alley, liquor store, oil change place, etc. Negotiate gift certificates at a discount and reward your customers with those. That way everyone always pays full price. I've got a local mechanic who does oil changes. I've traded out much work just to get the truck serviced. He will about give an oil change away to get customers in for mechanical and tires. The monthly point thing would be a PITA for me to keep up with.

Now, that's a great idea SM!

MarkintheGarden
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
It is a good idea and I like the look of thereferral card and how you worded it so simply.

If you do the accounting correctly you can balance the amount of discounts against your gross revenue.

The reason that I have always decided not to do something like this is because I find that people who do refer me to others seem to do so for their own reasons. Those who do not care to bother with a referral will not do so just for a reward. Also, referrals can be good as gold, but they can also backfire.

anotherturfgeek
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm not a big fan of complicated referral rewards. I do offer 1 free service visit for referrals or a 50.00 lowes gift card. Customers love it!