PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Mowing

hoylebros
01-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I am looking to get into the commercial side of mowing this year. The thing is I guess is that I don't know where to start. Like with restaurants, hotels, apartments, do you just go in and simply ask? Have you guys had success doing this? Thanks for any input!

SangerLawn
01-13-2010, 11:49 PM
If you don’t know anything about mowing professionally I recommend only mowing residential. You normally only have 1 shot to show people you are good at what you do. Since there is thousands of residential needing someone to mow you won’t hurt yourself to bad if you tick someone off….on the other hand there are only so many commercial properties. Loosing one of those it will be hard to replace

hoylebros
01-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Well there was a time that everybody on this site didn't know anything about mowing "professionally", and I am just asking ways to get a foot in the door so I can place a bid. I am willing to do whatever, just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

EagleLandscape
01-14-2010, 12:33 AM
walk and inside, and ask how you can place a bid.

i do it all the time.

SangerLawn
01-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Well there was a time that everybody on this site didn't know anything about mowing "professionally", and I am just asking ways to get a foot in the door so I can place a bid. I am willing to do whatever, just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

You are right and…..9 out of 10 of us that have a successful lawn service worked for someone else, went to collage for this, or both.

I am not putting you down at all so please don’t think that….i am simply saying a business is not something to rush into without knowing what you are doing

johnnybravo8802
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
You have to walk in, be persistent. and did I mention, be persistent?!!! I have accounts that took me 1-2 yrs. to get and I did a ton of leg work to get them. I have one now that's not even built yet but I was the first to drop off my info. and that's what it takes. They don't come to you.

hoylebros
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Thats what I am planning to start doing in the upcoming weeks. Wish me luck!