PDA

View Full Version : COUTRY CLIPPER? Good/Bad??

muxx
01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Has anyone used or heard anything about the Country Clippers? Thanks for any info.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I took a look at a Jazee Pro last fall. 23 HP Kohler Command, 52" cut. They wanted around $6K OTD. Looked like a nice machine but I thought that was a little too much money.
I then bought my Toro Z400 with 60 hours for $4K.

You won't get much info about Clipper on here. Hardly anyone runs them.

topsites
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah don't hear much about them, I'm guessing it's a high end residential model but who knows...

MCarter
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I bought a CC Charger last year and it's been great. I had a problem with the drive belt at first. Turns out they had a bad bunch of pulleys. Put a new idler pulley on and no problem since. Liked it so well that I just bought a CC Jazee Pro. It's not as heavy duty due to the fact that's it's the entry level commercial mower but still built well. I looked at many brands but for me the features is why I like them so well. I plan on using them from hear out unless something crazy goes wrong. I think you would be happy if you decide on one.

Lawnut101
01-26-2010, 02:01 PM
There were quite a few guys on here last spring that were buying/demoing them. You might want to do a search. I thought people were saying that they like them.

grassman177
01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
i know when they first came out that 2 guys here got them. one guy had his for 2 weeks and sold it and went back to exmark. he hated it

the other stuck with it, but manit cut pretty badly, not clean and very clumpy. my only expereince i could share

they may have improved their decks by now though, dont know

dishboy
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I bought a CC Charger last year and it's been great. I had a problem with the drive belt at first. Turns out they had a bad bunch of pulleys. Put a new idler pulley on and no problem since. Liked it so well that I just bought a CC Jazee Pro. It's not as heavy duty due to the fact that's it's the entry level commercial mower but still built well. I looked at many brands but for me the features is why I like them so well. I plan on using them from hear out unless something crazy goes wrong. I think you would be happy if you decide on one.

Do you own or have you seen the Boss model. I see the articulating front axle but can not find any pictures showing how they attach the rear of that deck so it articulates. Can you describe the back of the deck mounts or how it articulates.

MCarter
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Do you own or have you seen the Boss model. I see the articulating front axle but can not find any pictures showing how they attach the rear of that deck so it articulates. Can you describe the back of the deck mounts or how it articulates.

I've seen the boss model but have never owned one. It's their top of the line commercial mower. I can't fully answer your question about the deck. Both of mine, and I assume the boss model as well have a hook that is attached to the mower frame. These hooks hold the back of the deck and when you want to flip the deck up for cleaning or changing blades you release the hooks with a lever on one side. I was a little worried about the whole design holding up due to a few big accounts I have that are pretty bumpy but it did very well with no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

MONTE
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
good machines. pretty popular around here. The Charger and the Boss are very good machines. The charger is the best hillside ztr I have ever seen or drove.

bigjoedo
02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Muxx,

I have a Country Clipper built in the early 1990s. Very well made and still mows very well. Has the original hydrostats, engine, deck etc. My lawn looks like golf course fairway. They built the original Yazoos, and Snapper ZTRs in the 1980s.

Joe

MOHUSTLER
02-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Lots of people have said they are really solid on hillsides. There is a dealer about an hour north of me and he sells the crap out of them. But he is the only dealer next to a john deere dealer.