PDA

View Full Version : Can't get ahold of McLaren

dirtybiz
01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone ever had problems getting ahold of McLaren?? I emailed them over a week ago about some new tracks for my bobcat mt55, and have not heard back. This was only after i tried to call there 800 number for two days and it rings a couple of times and disconnects. Very frustrating, may have to look at other options!

Anyone else get through on their 800 number lately?

Anywhere else i should look for those tracks? Bobcat wants almost $2k for the set!!

ksss
01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I emailed them last week on getting a price on some NU Air 15" tires. I got a call back the next day with a price quote. I just got an email this morning about special Post holiday deals. What that reallly means I dom't know. Surprising you cant get a hold of them.

dirtybiz
01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I just tried emailing them again (with phone number), will see what happens! We bought a set of tracks from them for our T250 this fall and they were great to deal with, had the tracks within a week, so i don't know what the deal is.

ksss
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I emailed them last week on getting a price on some NU Air 15" tires. I got a call back the next day with a price quote. I just got an email this morning about special Post holiday deals. What that reallly means I dom't know. Surprising you cant get a hold of them.

mrsops
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I just tried emailing them again (with phone number), will see what happens! We bought a set of tracks from them for our T250 this fall and they were great to deal with, had the tracks within a week, so i don't know what the deal is.

dirtybiz call back and go to ext 3010 his name is chris ono great guy to deal with he helped me big time on my t190 tracks

YellowDogSVC
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
i've requested pricing 3x and haven't received a call or email. I looked at other options. My original inquiry was 2 weeks ago. I got an initial, vague email and that was it.

dirtybiz
01-14-2010, 07:10 PM
dirtybiz call back and go to ext 3010 his name is chris ono great guy to deal with he helped me big time on my t190 tracks

I can't even get through to where i have the option for any extensions. It rings about 3 times and acts like someone hung up on you! Will try again tomorrow.

RockSet N' Grade
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
DirtyBiz.........are you looking for tracks or tires? Lots of other options out there....

mclarenusa
01-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Guys, just fyi, we had a major server problem the last few days which impacted both our email and phone calls handling. Our back-up systems have handled most of the incoming traffic (emails and calls), but some was missed and there was no way for us to recover it and to respond. We apologize for the inconvenience. All systems are now back to normal and we can accept and process all your calls and emails.

We thank our loyal customers who alerted us about the issue, including few from this forum, so it could be quickly resolved. We wish to all members of the LawnSite forum a healthy and successful 2010, and let’s see more of that great construction equipment running!

JDSKIDSTEER
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Phones have been crazy every where. We have had phone issues at two of our locations this week.

P.Services
01-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Phones have been crazy every where. We have had phone issues at two of our locations this week.

make that three locations........ charlie never answers his!

YellowDogSVC
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I finally got a call today but missed it.

P.Services
01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
just dont buy solideal tracks. i can say with complete certainty they are cheap garbage. I will be calling the factory monday to see if they are going to stand behind them now that my new set is falling apart on the inside roller path. these tracks have less then 250 hours on them (235 to be exact) and have 99% tread left but they are so "chunked out" i cant tolerate to run them any longer. I cant even begin to describe how bad the machine vibrates.

doug you guys run into any problems with the solideals like ive been having?

Junior M
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
just dont buy solideal tracks. i can say with complete certainty they are cheap garbage. I will be calling the factory monday to see if they are going to stand behind them now that my new set is falling apart on the inside roller path. these tracks have less then 250 hours on them (235 to be exact) and have 99% tread left but they are so "chunked out" i cant tolerate to run them any longer. I cant even begin to describe how bad the machine vibrates.

are you ever going to respond to my PM, you bastard!

P.Services
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
what pm!!! let me look back but i dont recall getting one?!?!

Junior M
01-15-2010, 09:21 PM
what pm!!! let me look back but i dont recall getting one?!?!
about the zahn?

JDSKIDSTEER
01-17-2010, 07:01 AM
make that three locations........ charlie never answers his!

His wife had surgery. He has been out of the office most of the week. I will be there Monday and let you know if he is back. I will get the information from him and talk to the rep for him. It may take me a couple days to get an answer.

P.Services
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Ok sounds good, I just needed my machine the last two weeks and I'm at a stand still with a unhappy client.

I can't remember if I told you this or not but my local dealer said john deere is aware of this seal problem on the new drives. He said it is starting to become a common problem and so far they have helped him stand behind all the drives that have failed.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDSKIDSTEER
01-17-2010, 04:40 PM

I use to not, but I had another customer recently have problems and I have been fighting tooth and nail to get help. They may have lost my tire business if they do not at least give me some kind of answer. I use to get great service out of Solid Deal. They did not call me back Friday.

I have had better luck out of valuepart. They gave me a great price on knock off Bridgestones and so far my customers like. Started using them in the early summer.

JDSKIDSTEER
01-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok sounds good, I just needed my machine the last two weeks and I'm at a stand still with a unhappy client.

I can't remember if I told you this or not but my local dealer said john deere is aware of this seal problem on the new drives. He said it is starting to become a common problem and so far they have helped him stand behind all the drives that have failed.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will check with my rep but I have not had any seal issues. Hope your guy is right. I will take it from Charles and run with it as far as Deere will let me.

dirtybiz
01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Guys, just fyi, we had a major server problem the last few days which impacted both our email and phone calls handling. Our back-up systems have handled most of the incoming traffic (emails and calls), but some was missed and there was no way for us to recover it and to respond. We apologize for the inconvenience. All systems are now back to normal and we can accept and process all your calls and emails.

We thank our loyal customers who alerted us about the issue, including few from this forum, so it could be quickly resolved. We wish to all members of the LawnSite forum a healthy and successful 2010, and letís see more of that great construction equipment running!

Hum, that's funny because i just tried calling your 800 number and your direct sales line and the one just hangs up on you, and the other just keeps ringing and ringing!!! I have sent 3 emails now and tried to call a good dozen times in the last week and a half.

Seems to me if you saw my post on here you would have sent me a PM and tried to answer my question. It's a pretty simple question, I need a price on some tracks for a bobcat mt55. If i don't hear from somebody today, i will be ordering tracks through bobcat in the morning. If i can't even get ahold of you guys to purchase the tracks, what is it going to be like if i need service or have a problem???????

dirtybiz
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
That's funny, someone from McLaren contacted me within 30 mins. of this post and my last attempt to call/email them.

They want $1,100 shipped to my door for their nextgen tdf tracks for my bobcat mt55. Checked w/bobcat yesterday and they want $990. I am not really happy with the way the bobcat tracks held up, and they never did have a ton of tread (even when new). I have 600 hours on the machine and the tracks are completely toast. I thought since the machine is so light, etc. that i would get around 1,000 pretty easily? What's everyone else's experience with similar machines (dingo, ditchwitch, etc.??)

I kinda want to try the mclaren tracks, just to see if they are any good (can't be much worse IMHO), but if getting ahold of them and getting customer service is anything like i just experienced normally, i don't want to have anything to do with them. Can anyone give me some previous feedback from dealing with them? We ordered tracks for our t250 from them this fall, and they were pretty good to deal with, but that's the way the should be when you are placing a order with them. How's their customer service w/any issues?

YellowDogSVC
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
My McLaren rep got with me after a few days of phone tag ( I was working where I couldn't call out) and I reached them after hours, requested an email quote, and it was in my inbox the next morning. That was good service. I thought they had forgotten about my original inquiry but I understand server problems. I went without my website and email for 2 weeks due to a problem with the host.

I got a more than fair price, I think, and now I'm trying to decide if I can squeeze the Protrac Rubber Pad OTT on my S300 frame without having to add spacers. I think it will be tight but will work. Anyone out there try it?

pikewillis1
01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
You should be getting between 400-600 hours out of your tracks for a Dingo. 2k for a set of tracks for a MT 55 is outrageous. Wide tracks for the Dingo are 450 a piece. Tracks for the narrow track are 315 a piece. These are prices for Toro made Kevlar reinforced tracks.

dirtybiz
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
No, the bobcat tracks are $1k, and the mclaren tdf's are $1,100 for a SET. These tracks would be similar to a toro dingo wide track. THe narrow ones come on the mt52's.

bearmtnmartin
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I have a DitchWitch SK650 wide track and the stockers were done in 150 hours! In fact one finally peeled a couple of drive lugs right off and I had to replace them. They also popped off A LOT... My next set I got from a place called Trackmasters and they still look great after more than 300 hours. And they haven't come off once. Oh, and 350 CDN per track if I recall.

Shadetree Ltd
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I have a DitchWitch SK650 wide track and the stockers were done in 150 hours! In fact one finally peeled a couple of drive lugs right off and I had to replace them. They also popped off A LOT... My next set I got from a place called Trackmasters and they still look great after more than 300 hours. And they haven't come off once. Oh, and 350 CDN per track if I recall.

Good to know, ours ripped out the lugs and split a bunch of the steel lugs in just over 200 hours but my oe replacements weren't $700 :cry: More like $1500 :cry: Any info on these tracks would be great for future reference.

bearmtnmartin
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Good to know, ours ripped out the lugs and split a bunch of the steel lugs in just over 200 hours but my oe replacements weren't $700 :cry: More like $1500 :cry: Any info on these tracks would be great for future reference.

I think they are out of Calgary. The guy delivered them to Lickman for me no charge. I don't know a lot about rubber tracks, but they are difinately way heavier than the OEM tracks.

http://www.trackmasterscanada.com/contact.htm

This is the Canadian site. He will put you on to a guy in Surrey, but his number is buried in last years invoice box in the dungeon...

hillboy
02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
That's funny, someone from McLaren contacted me within 30 mins. of this post and my last attempt to call/email them.

They want $1,100 shipped to my door for their nextgen tdf tracks for my bobcat mt55. Checked w/bobcat yesterday and they want $990. I am not really happy with the way the bobcat tracks held up, and they never did have a ton of tread (even when new). I have 600 hours on the machine and the tracks are completely toast. I thought since the machine is so light, etc. that i would get around 1,000 pretty easily? What's everyone else's experience with similar machines (dingo, ditchwitch, etc.??)

Hi Dirtbiz, what tracks did you end up getting and how happy are you with them? We are looking to buy a set as well and are weighting our options. We want something of proven qaulity. :usflag:

1idejim
02-18-2010, 01:06 AM

I kinda want to try the mclaren tracks, just to see if they are any good (can't be much worse IMHO), but if getting ahold of them and getting customer service is anything like i just experienced normally, i don't want to have anything to do with them. Can anyone give me some previous feedback from dealing with them? We ordered tracks for our t250 from them this fall, and they were pretty good to deal with, but that's the way the should be when you are placing a order with them. How's their customer service w/any issues?

three years ago i bought a pair of tracks for a bobcat 320 mini-ex but haven't changed yet, the 1 mclaren and 1 bridgestone don't seem to want to give up, i can't remember what they are now but iv'e got them stored inside

dirtybiz
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi Dirtbiz, what tracks did you end up getting and how happy are you with them? We are looking to buy a set as well and are weighting our options. We want something of proven qaulity. :usflag:

Haven't done anything yet, been busy with some other stuff. I have a couple of months to worry about it around here yet. Our season doesn't start until about april 15th. I think i am going to try the McLaren TDF's though, we have a set on our T250 (installed this winter and only used to plow a bit of snow from time to time) and we really like them so far. Can't be any worse then the bobcat ones that came on the mt55, the never did have much tread to them.

dirtybiz
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Decided today that i was going to go ahead and order the McLaren TDF for my bobcat mt55, until i call their 800 number and cannot get through again!! Are you kidding me, how do these guys do any business if you can't get through on their phone?? Rings four times and disconnects, just like someone hunge up on you.

Somehow somebody saw that i tried calling and called me back, and i explained to them that i was ready to make the purchase, but not really confident in buying somehting from a company who i cannot ever get ahold of. The guy was adiment that the problem was a thing of the past, even though i just encountered it. So i told him, tell you what i am going to hang up, and call your 800 number and if so prompted will enter your ext. and if i get ahold of you i will take them, otherwise i am not sure i want to do business w/your company.

Long story short, number still did not work, and the guy called me back about 10 minutes later. Told him i wasn't comfortable doing business with him at this time, if he get's his phone to work, i would consider it. I told them they had major communication problems the first part of January, and now still the same thing?Unbelievable!!

Krafty
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Decided today that i was going to go ahead and order the McLaren TDF for my bobcat mt55, until i call their 800 number and cannot get through again!! Are you kidding me, how do these guys do any business if you can't get through on their phone?? Rings four times and disconnects, just like someone hunge up on you.

Somehow somebody saw that i tried calling and called me back, and i explained to them that i was ready to make the purchase, but not really confident in buying somehting from a company who i cannot ever get ahold of. The guy was adiment that the problem was a thing of the past, even though i just encountered it. So i told him, tell you what i am going to hang up, and call your 800 number and if so prompted will enter your ext. and if i get ahold of you i will take them, otherwise i am not sure i want to do business w/your company.

Long story short, number still did not work, and the guy called me back about 10 minutes later. Told him i wasn't comfortable doing business with him at this time, if he get's his phone to work, i would consider it. I told them they had major communication problems the first part of January, and now still the same thing?Unbelievable!!

Hahaha that is funny as h*ll!!! kinda sucks you arn't getting tracks but hopefully they will finally wake up and get teh problem fixed!

Bleed Green
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
you would think after they were told so directly that there was a problem that they would have gotten it fixed. Guess they are not that bright or something.

hillboy
03-13-2010, 11:23 AM
.... I think i am going to try the McLaren TDF's though, we have a set on our T250 (installed this winter and only used to plow a bit of snow from time to time) and we really like them so far. Can't be any worse then the bobcat ones that came on the mt55, the never did have much tread to them.

Thank you for the insight. After weighting our other options, we went ahead and ordered a set of tracks from McLaren for our MT52. They're not the cheapest we found, but seem to offer the best value for the money. We got their TDF tracks as they seem will offer a smooth ride and good traction -- they look similar to the ASV track pattern. These are 9" wide as opposed to the cheaper 7.5" they also have in regular tread. I may post some pictures as soon as we get them. Had no problem reaching them. :) :usflag: