PDA

View Full Version : Dynascape vs Pro landscape

landscaper7
01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I am in the process of purchasing a design software and have it narrowed down to Pro Landscape and Dynascape and was just looking for some feedback from anyone that has compared the two. I have reviewed the demo cds for both but have pros and cons for both. So some imputs on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

-Josh OCNT
OSU ATI Graduate

familylawncare
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I just purchased RealTime Landscape Pro...anyone with experiene with it?

WGrnd21
01-17-2010, 11:52 AM
In my experience I like dynascape. although i have not used the prolandscaper in a long time. personlly dynascape is a more proffesional software. Also the color you can add makes the design look like it was hand rendered. pretty cool feature that prolandscaper does not have.

familylawncare
01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
good to hear...the pricing was great for a simple system

Isobel
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm curious as to why you would want something that looks hand rendered, especially in this day and age when everyone uses computers.

From when I did research on the two products I found Pro Landscape had more features, such as the image editor which allows you to add plants on top of a photograph of the client's property. I've found this a great advantage when bringing designs to clients. As far as I know the Dynascape program doesn't have this feature.

Dreams To Designs
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Pro Landscape does have several rendering modes that allow a drawing to be created with a hand drawn look. A hand drawn look can give a drawing a more personalized look as opposed to a machine generated drawing that many think makes design easy.

Most traditionally trained designers or landscape architects relate a hand drawn design to artwork, and they would be correct. But others feel that the real art is not the drawing, but the installation. A pretty plan can help sell more and larger work, but for presentation it's hard to beat imaging. With Pro Landscapes ability to flyover a plan drawing and view it in 3D, is an amazing feature to allow clients to view and understand a design.

Kirk

WGrnd21
01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
the hand rendering of a design is what can sell the design to the client. it can help the client understand the design better, in many situations when you hand render a design clients treat it like gold. they hold on the design and in some cases i have had clients frame their design. Pro-landscapers photo shop does not look proffesional to me. Its a cool feature but the images are not as good. also with dynascape presentation portfolios are easyier to make. dynascape also offers horticopia. using both tools you can but together a design that the client can really understand.

familylawncare
01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Although I have not tried it yet, RealTime has a mechanism to import actual pic of project you are working on.

Isobel
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Although I have not tried it yet, RealTime has a mechanism to import actual pic of project you are working on.

The RealTime program to do that is similar to PRo Landscape's program, however Pro Landscape has a much more vast plant library.