PDA

View Full Version : First lawn bid ever!!

Falcon50EX
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
It is my first lawn bid, I am a fert guy and have customers asking to have me cut and maintain their lawns. I have the equipment from cutting my own lawn. I have a hydro 36 commercial walkbehind and every thing else to go a long to get the job done. What I need help with is cost the lawn is 20thousand of Zoysia and itís a corner lot. Every week cut, trim, blow, and weed eat not to talk about she walks the yard everyday to find thing that she would like done. This alone would make me put a extra charge on the bill for pain and suffering. I will still charge separately for the fert app.
So what would be a good price??
Thanks for any help or ideas
;)

Premier landscaping south
01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
20,000 square feet correct?

I would charge $62 mulching it. Maybe less because it is your first bid and she already uses you for fert.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
$50-$55 probably, if relatively normal trimming amounts.

OrangeToys
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
20,000 square feet correct?

I would charge $62 mulching it. Maybe less because it is your first bid and she already uses you for fert.

Are you using some kind of formula to figure up your amounts/prices? I usually just make it a round number for ease, you can PM me if you want to talk more about a formula.

Premier landscaping south
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Are you using some kind of formula to figure up your amounts/prices? I usually just make it a round number for ease, you can PM me if you want to talk more about a formula.

I have a cheat sheet that I have come up with. It shows square feet in 500 sq. increments starting at 1000sq. and ending at 22,000sq. Next two column's are lawn cut price and fert price for corresponding square footage.

I will pm you the first ten and then you should be able to figure out the pattern.

Greenleaf Lawns
01-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Premier

could I get a copy of that?

I would like to check it out...

Thanks

PLS214
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
One MAJOR thing to consider when coming up with a price is to figure out how long it will take you to edge. Corner lots are long and annoying without a stick-edger. Before I got a stick-edger, I about broke my back on a large corner lot. Make sure you charge enough for it to be worth it to you. Best of luck to you.

PLS214
01-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Premier

could I get a copy of that?

I would like to check it out...

Thanks

I would also like a copy of that too if its not to much trouble.
peacocklawns@gmail.com
Thanks!

Rivervalleylawns
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
95% of my mowing is done with zturns so I could be a little off. However just do what you have to do when you price your fert apps. Figure up what its going to cost you to do the cutting. I am assuming you would be cutting it yourself??? Are you going to keep it solo, (no workmans comp, more payroll taxes) etc...
Anyways I would figure around an hour to an hour and half to get it done. With the walk behind and everything figured in I would be around $70 bucks. However again with the z turns we would do that lawn for about $50 bucks here.

Living in a more country setting sucks. Im originally from phoenix and we could get 50 bucks on a 10k sqft lot. No huge investment, just push and walkbehinds.

In Oklahoma the 10-12k lots are about $35.00 mows
and then an acre about $50.00.
I know the numbers dont equal up right, but thats why we have been adding alot of the 10k lots to our crews schedule.

I know this was a rant sorry for hijacking your thread.

motorscot
01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Hope this helps everyone.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7898

rob0589
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Premier i am curious about that price guide too...would you mind sending me a copy ? :)

MLAWCARE
01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a cheat sheet that I have come up with. It shows square feet in 500 sq. increments starting at 1000sq. and ending at 22,000sq. Next two column's are lawn cut price and fert price for corresponding square footage.

I will pm you the first ten and then you should be able to figure out the pattern.

Can you send me it to liddym730@yahoo.com thanks

OrangeToys
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
How are you getting your sq ft? and do you figure up the sq ft for every yard?

I'd like the cheat sheet too.