PDA

View Full Version : The new website is here!

bobcat_ron
01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Finally big brother updated this damn web site of his, still a few bugs to be worked out like the picture galley, it's not loading, but it's a major improvement:

http://www.triple-bexcavating.com/

He's even got my Takeuchi on there too!

Gravel Rat
01-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I thought your brother got rid of one of the Cat excavators ?

YellowDogSVC
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
very cool. the gallery was slow to load for me. must be a lot of pics?

coopers
01-15-2010, 01:54 AM
I have to say the main page w/ the CAT on the top is VERY nice addition to the page. I like how every page has machinery up top. The pictures look professional and not cheesy up top. Good job to big brother. :)

YellowDogSVC
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I figured with Ron's video ability his brother could put together something nice. it flows well.

Why is it you don't work more for your brother Ron? Looks like he's got a heck of a set up. Your takkie even has its own spotlight.

bobcat_ron
01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I figured with Ron's video ability his brother could put together something nice. it flows well.

Why is it you don't work more for your brother Ron? Looks like he's got a heck of a set up. Your takkie even has its own spotlight.

He didn't want video, I even offered to make some of the vids just for the website and embed them in the pages, but he said he didn't want people wandering away from his site to screw around on YouTube looking for me, I am popular enough there.
I do work for my brother a lot, especially from Spring to Fall, lots of work, now we are pretty much idle now.
But he's now considering buying a concrete processor head for the Volvo, he's got a 120x40 concrete bunker with 18" thick walls at the base and 12" floor with re-bar every 8", so a jack hammer on a 200 hoe is useless and over kill and a processor will crunch the concrete right off the rebar.

As for the Cats, they are are staying put, they are pretty much paid for by then end of 2010.

YellowDogSVC
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
ron, when you say processor, are you describing a crushing head?

bobcat_ron
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
ron, when you say processor, are you describing a crushing head?

Yup, they go by many names here, processor, chicken beak, pulverizer, crusher, crunchy thingy.

Junior M
01-15-2010, 08:04 PM
On the main page, with the 320 on top. Is that you operating?

bobcat_ron
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
On the main page, with the 320 on top. Is that you operating?

Yup.
All the internal strife between us and he decides to put me first.........awwwwwwww.

Gravel Rat
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
It was probably the only good picture and your brother was forced to use it. Tom was thinking to himself my damn brother is in the picture.

Where did the name Triple B come from ?

Junior M
01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Yup.
All the internal strife between us and he decides to put me first.........awwwwwwww.
He really does kinda sorta like you! :laugh: :laugh:

Gravel Rat
01-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Ron's brother has to like his brother, Ronald makes the money. Ron is used like a woman that walks on Hastings Street :laugh:

bobcat_ron
01-16-2010, 12:04 AM
It was probably the only good picture and your brother was forced to use it. Tom was thinking to himself my damn brother is in the picture.

Where did the name Triple B come from ?

When he started the business, he had just gotten married and had the first kid, a boy, so he thought maybe if he had 2 more boys and each of their names began with "B", that would be darn clever.
Coincidentally, the first boy's name stars with "B", but my brother's wife put a stop to that after the second baby boy was born by giving it a name with "O".
Now he has 3 boys, but he still won't come clean with the real reason behind the business name.

There is a company in town that is called Triple J Enterprises, we hate them.

ksss
01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I like the site overall.

A couple small things. I would group your equipment together, starting with your largest excavator down to the smallest. I would take pictures of the equipment working and use them instead of pictures of the equipment parked by the shed or in the yard. I think it makes it easier to follow what kind of equipment you have.

On the portion that describes what kind of work you do. I think this portion could be made more clear. Maybe organize it so that the reader can easily grasp what you guys do without having to read through the multi paragraph verbage. Maybe bullet points or group like activities together.

Video is big I think. I had the company that did mine put the video in mine without doing the Utube thing which I agree with your brother is lazy and looks cheap and you may lose someone to some Utube stunt. They can inbed the video without using Utube.

You might want to mention to him that Google Analytics can track every hit on your site for free. Helps to understand where you are good and where you are losing the audiance. Its free of charge. Its a nice site.

nedly05
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Ha ha he called the Tak a bobcat!!!!!

bobcat_ron
01-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Ha ha he called the Tak a bobcat!!!!!

I really hate him for that, my Dad calls it by it's proper name (Taka-you-chi)
but my brother still calls it a bobcat, even the Cat was called that too, what a damn insult.

Gravel Rat
01-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Just one of those things people call all skid steers bobcats it is no different than calling circular saws Skill saw even thou it could be a Dewalt.

nedly05
01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I really hate him for that, my Dad calls it by it's proper name (Taka-you-chi)
but my brother still calls it a bobcat, even the Cat was called that too, what a damn insult.

LMAO!!!!

Just one of those things people call all skid steers bobcats it is no different than calling circular saws Skill saw even thou it could be a Dewalt.

Its funny, who ever built it first gets credit for it forever!