PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cat Problem...please help.

Scag413
01-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to help out a friend. He bought a scag tiger cat this past August. He has had a problem with it. It will not start and run without running the battery dead. He has taken it to the dealer but they havent been able to fix it. They checked the battery and replaced the fuses but it didnt work it. To top it off they charged Him for the fuses :hammerhead: Has anyone else had this problem?

The Captain
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Sounds like a direct short causing the drain on the battery. You know, similar to leaving the truck lights on all day. I'd be looking for a chaffed wire or something like that. A fuse is either good or blown. There isn't a middle ground. I don't think changing one will make any differance.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

djagusch
01-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Have him bring it back to the dealer. It's 6 months old they should be able to fix it. I would send a email to Scag also (contact page on their website) saying what is going on. They will make sure it's taken care of.

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
you should post it in the Mechanic and Repair section the people know what they are talking about and help a lot

Scag413
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys. That is basically what I have told him. Mainly, I said he should contact scag. But the truth is it has been to the dealer three times and they still havent been able to fix it. That is poor in my opinion.

WhitehallTurf
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
What engine does he have on it, if it is a kohler they had a bad batch of regulators. easy to check from outside of unit is the regulator is bad. Kohler dealers have a service bulletin on this and should be able to check it while you wait it takes about 2 minutes.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
it needs to go back to the dealer it is under warranty...

brucec32
01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Contact Scag and take it to a competent dealer. 3 chances sounds like someone doesn't know what they're doing.

Scag413
01-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Contact Scag and take it to a competent dealer. 3 chances sounds like someone doesn't know what they're doing.

My thoughts exactly. That is absolutely rediculous. He has more tolerance with them then I would.

Scag413
01-15-2010, 11:51 PM
it needs to go back to the dealer it is under warranty...

Thats what I told him too. He said that is where it is at now and he told them not to send it back again until it is fixed this time.

Scag413
01-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Also, I found out it is a 26hp Briggs and Stratton Engine.