PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sensor Floods

jshimmin
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Anyone have a source for quality motion sensor fixtures? I get asked all the time by customers to swap out or add one in an area that LV just is not the right solution.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Just this past November I pulled down 4 of the most rugged, complex and high quality motion floods I have ever seen. Sorry I did not keep them... left them behind for the client to deal with.

I think if you look to the better manufacturers, Cooper (Keene), Lightolier, etc you will find some top end models to choose from.

Regards

RLI Electric
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Line voltage motion lights? They all rot. At least the ones that I have found at my electrical suppliers. Cheap or expensive, it has reached the point that if the customer is insisting on motion lights I read them the riot act on animals, wind, rain and any other thing that makes them go off (or not come on when you want them to). A lot of the other electrical contractors refuse to supply them and if they do it is only a 30 day warranty on the fixture.

Lite4
01-16-2010, 04:29 AM
I hate motion sensor floodlights, but the most reliable ones I have used are the RAB Super Stealth. (link below) On the low voltage side get the ABT wireless motion sensors and you can do LV motion control also.

http://www.rabweb.com/product_line_detail.php?prodline=stl360

JoeyD
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I hate motion sensor floodlights, but the most reliable ones I have used are the RAB Super Stealth. (link below) On the low voltage side get the ABT wireless motion sensors and you can do LV motion control also.

http://www.rabweb.com/product_line_detail.php?prodline=stl360

we are currently testing the RAB unit at Nate's house and the ABT Wireless sensor looks to be next for us.

Lite4
01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a couple of ABT motions out there. It was a little confusing getting the correct wiring configuration for our application but they are working fine so far though. I can't wait for their new photocell and wireless relay.

jshimmin
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I have several customers that want all possible means of triggering the systems - Astronomical timer, motion and remote on/off faub or keypad.

Lite4
01-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I have several customers that want all possible means of triggering the systems - Astronomical timer, motion and remote on/off faub or keypad.

Check out what ABT has to offer.

JoeyD
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
.........or Powerline Control Systems UPB products...........