PDA

View Full Version : Terex skid

AMCAT
01-16-2010, 08:10 AM
i never seen the likes have these been on the market for awhile ;) does terex actually make them :confused: kinda looks like the komatsu boom and oh the ROPS well almost like cormidi design ...........

AMCAT
01-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Link for machine :cry:

http://www.rbauction.com/common_scripts/gallery_full_view.jsp?auction_id=2010266&industry_id=1&equip_id=2573110&Search_results=All&Search_type=Other&img_num=6&page_type=0

Junior M
01-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Well, Talus you always wanted a Terex, right?!

:laugh: :laugh:

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 08:59 AM
i never seen the likes have these been on the market for awhile ;) does terex actually make them :confused: kinda looks like the komatsu boom and oh the ROPS well almost like cormidi design ...........

They are a Terex skid, but they are made in India and only sold there. The local Case dealer did tell me that Terex was working on skid steer loaders though and they would be released sometime next year or so.

bobcat_ron
01-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Yuck, Terex will get their hands on anything won't they?

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 09:52 AM
I actually looked it up and it has a drive system similar to the old Hydra Mac skid steers and they only make one model. It looks like Terex has a joint venture that is 70/30 for the Indian market to make backhoes, this skid and a large roller.

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 10:00 AM

Kind of like Toyota with 522 subsidiaries, or Doosan, or Mitsubishi, or......

I forgot CAT too...they've "aquired" 20 companies in the last 19 years in 13 countries.

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM

It is pretty rough looking. Only Indian equipment I'm really aware of is Mahindra tractors.

ksss
01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
It is pretty rough looking. Only Indian equipment I'm really aware of is Mahindra tractors.

Looks to me like an M series Bobcat only with some quality control.:clapping:

stuvecorp
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Looks to me like an M series Bobcat only with some quality control.:clapping:

snicker, snicker

I have heard about the Terex wheel machine and just don't see the upside when you compare a Terex version to any of the current wheel brands.

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 05:36 PM
snicker, snicker

I have heard about the Terex wheel machine and just don't see the upside when you compare a Terex version to any of the current wheel brands.

I understand that the US built machines will not even resemble anything close to what the Indians are building. At least I hope not.

stuvecorp
01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
I understand that the US built machines will not even resemble anything close to what the Indians are building. At least I hope not.

I was under the impression it would be an ASV with wheels? Not trying to hate on them just disappointed/frustrated with ASV stuff.

Digdeep
01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I was under the impression it would be an ASV with wheels? Not trying to hate on them just disappointed/frustrated with ASV stuff.

Nope. That was my same concern; that they would be just like Bobcat, CAT, Deere and the others and make them out of existing frames.

I don't know how many models, but I was told they would be most definitely designed from the wheels up to be skids and they would have both radial and vertical lift paths.