PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailer Tailgate

jandreau
01-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I am in the process of building a 14' dump trailer and can't decide what style tailgate would be better. I think the barn door tailgate would work better for dumping leaves, but was hoping to get some input from people that have used them.

Tyler7692
01-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I have an H&H trailer that has a 3-way gate. REALLY comes in handy. It swings open at the bottom for spreading stone like a dump truck (Also has chains for setting the gate where you want it). It opens like a pickup truck and lowers from the top. And it also swings open to the side to completely open the back up. Very versatile.

jandreau
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
I have an H&H trailer that has a 3-way gate. REALLY comes in handy. It swings open at the bottom for spreading stone like a dump truck (Also has chains for setting the gate where you want it). It opens like a pickup truck and lowers from the top. And it also swings open to the side to completely open the back up. Very versatile.

Do you have any pictures of your tailgate? I did a search for a 3 way gate but couldn't find any decent pictures.

Merlin300
01-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I would just go with the barn doors. I have a 14' PJ and 99% of the time I just open the doors. Leaves will get stuck dumping with the regular gate. While dumping dirt, stone, mulch etc, the gate also seems to drag the pile out longer, instead of dumping in one pile....if that makes sense?

deere615
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I have a 3 way tail gate on my dump trailer there are pictures somewhere in my thread

jandreau
01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I have a 3 way tail gate on my dump trailer there are pictures somewhere in my thread

I will look and see if I can find it. Thank You

deere615
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I will look and see if I can find it. Thank You

PAGE 51 if you didnt find it already