PDA

View Full Version : Loading Ramp

TJ LAWN
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I am looking for a company that makes a ramp that mounts to the back of a pick-up..To load mowers in and out of the back of a pick-up...Anyone have any idea to look for this...Thanks

MikeKle
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
There is tons of these ramps out there for sale, They even sell them at Sears, lowes, home depot, etc. Most of them are aluminum, and fold up for storage. I think they are around $75.-$100. for a pair. They work pretty good, but it is a fairly steep angle to drive up.

TJ LAWN
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
There is tons of these ramps out there for sale, They even sell them at Sears, lowes, home depot, etc. Most of them are aluminum, and fold up for storage. I think they are around $75.-$100. for a pair. They work pretty good, but it is a fairly steep angle to drive up.

I want somthing that mounts to the back where the tail gate goes...I dont want ramps that i have to throw in back..Thanks...

MikeKle
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
You would probably have to make something like that custom, or have it made. But it would not be that hard to do, maybe use expanded steel mesh just like a trailers gate and angle steel. Ive never seen any trucks with a ramp like you want though, that is surprising?

brucec32
01-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I use this http://store.rampconnection.com/product.php?xProd=6324

So far so good. Seems safer than anything that would rely on the tailgate or that isn't fixed to the truck.

With the help of a engine hoist one man can remove it in about 2 minutes when a trailer is needed instead.

MnGreen
01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
There are many options available or have a custom ramp made.

Here is one I found in a quick search.
1,200 capacity, mounts in your receiver.

http://www.discountramps.com/truck-motorcycle-ramp.htm

Although that unit could be fabricated for half that price.

mjschue
01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
check with northerntool.com I think they may have them

metro36
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
The safeTramps are the best out there in my opinion. I bought mine direct from the factory. I have the 8ft model and used it to put my 36" lesco hydro in the back of a f150 all last season. It worked great for me.

www.usaramp.com

TJ LAWN
01-16-2010, 06:05 PM
The safeTramps are the best out there in my opinion. I bought mine direct from the factory. I have the 8ft model and used it to put my 36" lesco hydro in the back of a f150 all last season. It worked great for me.

www.usaramp.com

Thanks for all the input.....:drinkup:

MikeKle
01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
There are many options available or have a custom ramp made.

Here is one I found in a quick search.
1,200 capacity, mounts in your receiver.

http://www.discountramps.com/truck-motorcycle-ramp.htm

Although that unit could be fabricated for half that price.

That ramp is $639.!!!! That thing could be fabricated for less than $100. in steel and parts! I am in the wrong business for sure! If you are planning to buy these, I will build you the exact same thing for $300.. Let me know, and it will look identical to the one on their picture, and work exactly the same. Please do not waste your money! That is price gouging if Ive ever seen it!

STIHL GUY
01-17-2010, 12:09 AM
you could probably fabricate something yourself

willretire@40
01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
tailgateramps.com