PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this business name?

ertb
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Lawn and Landscape...

I have already received the quotes for insurance. As far as being licensed I just have to go to the court house to get the application. I just need to get some business cards made up, so I am trying to pick the perfect name. Does this sound good? All input is greatly appreciated. Be honest.

Lawn-Scape
01-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Lawn and Landscape...

I am trying to pick the perfect name. Does this sound good?

Ultimate Lawn and Landscape is good If you like it then go for it.

Let me challenge you to think of your business name a little differently...

(1) Easy to remember. Is it memorable when compared to other businesses in the area?

(2) Differentiates you from the crowd. Does it relate your "expertise" or "specialty" to prospective and present customers? (best price, best service, best product, best schedule, or personal service)

My father had a company for over 20 years; "Bernie's Landscaping." It was easy to remember once Bernie came by to give you an estimate. The customers liked to deal with the owner. They felt they were getting his personal attention (even when he was rarely on the job) when the work was performed. If a call came in, someone took a message and Bernie called you back or came by to see you. He sold "personal" service.

I hope this helps.

Lawn-Scape
01-16-2010, 09:14 PM
One more thing...

Try not to seek perfect. If you find it you will have no room to improve. We all can improve still, right? So I guess perfect really does not exist then does it.

I know what you meant. You want the perfect name for your business; for how you see your business in the future, in your mind, your vision, very successful. Its your goal and its personal.

What do you mean by Ultimate? What do you want the customer or prospective customer to think when they read your name? What name gives them a clue to your vision of what your business will be in the future? What name answers their problem they need you to fulfill, to give them the benefit they are looking for?

I think you are going to be great because you care enough to ask your peers what they think. Its important to ask even if you don't take their suggestions.

Go for it! You will be a success!

whitebp1
01-17-2010, 12:20 AM
sounds good i like it go for it!!! get it while it lasts the name is available to use in our state

http://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx

no one has it yet registering with our local county wont be enough you should have an attourny draw up the papers to register it with the state as LLc, or INC.