PDA

View Full Version : annual repaint trailer time

Frontier-Lawn
01-16-2010, 05:59 PM
i need to repaint my trailer so instead of going with the reg black like always what do you guys think of scag orange?

Lawn Enforcer
01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
I like the look of "non-normal" trailer colors. Really grabs attention. I always thought about painting my trailer Everride yellow to match my Scorpions, but never got around to it, plus I don't have the space to do it. I saw a 6x10 trailer painted fluorescent orange with 2 BOP 36" walk-behinds on it, and it looked excellent.

Frontier-Lawn
01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I like the look of "non-normal" trailer colors. Really grabs attention. I always thought about painting my trailer Everride yellow to match my Scorpions, but never got around to it, plus I don't have the space to do it. I saw a 6x10 trailer painted fluorescent orange with 2 BOP 36" walk-behinds on it, and it looked excellent.

since i have extreme racks i could do all yellow or orange trailer with tiger stripes on the fenders.

MikeKle
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
All my trailers have always been black, but a few years ago I decided to paint it Rustoleum bright red to match my Exmarks. it took 2 coats to cover the black, but over time I grew to hate it being red, I dont know why, just didnt like it, so I went back to black the following season, as I try to paint the trailer once a year to keep the rust from getting a foot hold. My current trailer is black and I am starting to think about a different color again, but not red,There is guys around here with white, green, blue, bright yellow, red trailers, so I dont want to paint mine a color that is already being used. Rustoleum hs this aluminum colored oil based paint that looks kinda silver. that may look good on my trailer, plus it would match my silver dodge, that would look very professional, but a silver trailer? Any comments on how this would look before I actually do it?

Frontier-Lawn
01-16-2010, 10:27 PM
All my trailers have always been black, but a few years ago I decided to paint it Rustoleum bright red to match my Exmarks. it took 2 coats to cover the black, but over time I grew to hate it being red, I dont know why, just didnt like it, so I went back to black the following season, as I try to paint the trailer once a year to keep the rust from getting a foot hold. My current trailer is black and I am starting to think about a different color again, but not red,There is guys around here with white, green, blue, bright yellow, red trailers, so I dont want to paint mine a color that is already being used. Rustoleum hs this aluminum colored oil based paint that looks kinda silver. that may look good on my trailer, plus it would match my silver dodge, that would look very professional, but a silver trailer? Any comments on how this would look before I actually do it?

possibly it would look like you spent extra $ on a aluminum one

rcslawncare
01-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I think a matching trailer and truck are the way to go. When I get my trailer, I think matching it to my truck would be neat.

MikeKle
01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
People will definitely remember your set up and your business with everything matching.I never thought about it looking like an aluminum trailer painted silver! Hey, how about a chrome trailer, that would be sharp, but really expensive, although you wouldnt have to paint it ever again, and it might blind you on those really sunny days!

T.M. LAWNS
01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
since i have extreme racks i could do all yellow or orange trailer with tiger stripes on the fenders.

Scag orange with tiger stripes would look good. :drinkup: What color is your truck?

Frontier-Lawn
01-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Scag orange with tiger stripes would look good. :drinkup: What color is your truck?

this color

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2348/3221/30869110022_large.jpg

STIHL GUY
01-16-2010, 11:16 PM
i painted my trailer flat black instead of gloss black this year. i always thought red trailers were pretty cool too

Triplex
01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
i painted my trailer flat black instead of gloss black this year. i always thought red trailers were pretty cool too

I'd recommend using a glossy paint for something like a trailer that will take abuse. The glossy paint has more binder and will be more durable than a flat paint.

Frontier-Lawn
01-18-2010, 01:11 PM
anyone know how close rustolum orange is to scag orange?