PDA

View Full Version : Company name check

Ben's Landscape
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Is there a site or place I can go to, to check on the availability of a business name?? I have come up with one but do not know if its available. I went to my state website and did a check and it was available.

If the company is INC. how do i check it?? Can there be two companies that have the same name??

whitebp1
01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Go to your state web site for business and commerce. Her ein TN you can search by name (in full) or a psecifiv word and see all the companies that have that specific word in it. If RI has this option then try it with only one key word and it will pull up all the business with it in the title. Business in the same state can not have the same name, however lets assum you business name us USA Landscapes. the can be USA Landscape LLC, USA Landscapes Inc. etc etc all within the same state owned by different people. One other thing to consider is that if your close to your state line there may be another company in the state next to you that has that name your going after and people may get confused about who's who.

hope this helped ya out

SangerLawn
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
You can also go to your local court house and have them search it. If they find that no one has your name you can register it. At that point they will give you a piece of paper saying you have your name registered. Total cost here was I think $10.00…..if im not mistaken (could be wrong because it has been a long time) you have to go threw this process to get a business bank account.

Ben's Landscape
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks a lot. I will have to check this out some more.

Puddle of Oil
01-18-2010, 12:52 PM
try this......http://ucc.state.ri.us/corpsearch/corpsearchinput.asp

Ben's Landscape
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks I used that and found out my name that I thought of is clear!!:):)

tom's lawn care
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Deos anybody know this same address, but for ohio? Thanks

tom's lawn care
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Also if someone else has your name in a different state, deos this mean that you can't use it?

echeandia
01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Deos anybody know this same address, but for ohio? Thanks

Here : http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/portal/PORTAL_BS.BS_QRY_BUS_INFORMATION1.SHOW_PARMS

tom's lawn care
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks It worked!