PDA

View Full Version : Oh my.....

jefftb
01-17-2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=244620583&dealer_id=1380345&car_year=2002&rdm=1263750246978&lastStartYear=1981&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__Ni44TA%2C%2C__&keywordsrep=054046056076&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=Gasoline&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=57027721&showZipError=y&make=FORD&keywords_display=6.8L&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=37312&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1890&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Gravel Rat
01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey Junior there is your new truck :laugh:

What in the h*ll why would somebody build something like that. It does say California so it does explain some things :laugh:

tnmtn
01-17-2010, 01:10 PM
but how does it do on slopes. here we have slopes that you can barely walk on. homeowners building houses on the sides of cliffs. the local nat'l guard uses these yards for training by having troops hang by rope from helicopters and shovel dig the foundation piers. then to bring in materials a d9 is hooked to a 1 ton flatbed so that it isn't lost forever to the likes of big foot. i guess a flat bed could be installed o the truck. lol.

being serious now that would be a blast in traffic.

curtisfarmer
01-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Another guy compensating for his "small" family genetic inheritance.:laugh::laugh:

BIGBEN2004
01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
That would be even better then a dump truck when in traffic and pull up beside a hottie in a convertible you would have a birds eye view.Thumbs Up

Gravel Rat
01-17-2010, 02:02 PM
That truck would be tippy go around a corner too fast you would rollover.

It would be good for a guy like Chris he could drive to his excavator and not get his flip flops wet :laugh:

nedly05
01-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I bet it corners well!

nedly05
01-17-2010, 02:04 PM
DAMMIT, I guess me and GR think alike!

Dirtman2007
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
That truck would be tippy go around a corner too fast you would rollover.

It would be good for a guy like Chris he could drive to his excavator and not get his flip flops wet :laugh:

don't make fun of the flip flops, I was wearing some today! man its nice out!

oh btw about the truck... how the hell do you get into it?

Junior M
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
don't make fun of the flip flops, I was wearing some today! man its nice out!

oh btw about the truck... how the hell do you get into it?
Very carefully!

I like a lifted truck and all, but there is a fine line between a tastefully lifted truck and just plain ridiculous!

alco
01-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Anybody else think it's funny that it's for sale from a Kia dealership? Does this mean it's a trade in? I know it would be an upgrade to go from a Ford to a Kia, but..........

tmf lawn care
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
a friend of mine had a truck like that for mudding. i had a truck on 44" in hs

Craaaig
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
that's absurd, guess you gotta bring a good sized step ladder with you

bobcat_ron
01-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Jack them up high, fat girls can't jump.

greenbaylawns
01-17-2010, 08:05 PM
I want to see it with a blade on the front

Junior M
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Jack them up high, fat girls can't jump.
Thats the theory, but dam, that takes it to a whole new level! :dizzy:

ioilyouin
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I particularly like the hitch. I bet they pulled a single jetski behind it. Just hope it's back there when you get to the water.

scagtiger
01-17-2010, 10:47 PM
i bet it tows good haha! atleast they didnt ruin a good diesel truck

Lawn Man Dave
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
I have seen an F-250 a little past the legal limit and watched him get a ticket. Also knew a local with an older Suburban with legal limit lift and tire's....... he allway's had girl's in it and it had HORIBLE road noise...... you head it coming clear down the road and then some.

One night I was out in a Ferrari that was built up, lowerd, race tires all around, roll cage, race seats and harnesses ect ect...... we pulled up next to him and were both going to turn left (2 lanes for left turn) and told him we wanted to make a u-turn there and for him to wait so that he could see us and not run us over.........

I did see a Ford truck the other day that was lifted and had a hitch like that but smaller...... looked rather ******ed really....... would look even worse pulling anything.

Junior M
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I have seen an F-250 a little past the legal limit and watched him get a ticket. Also knew a local with an older Suburban with legal limit lift and tire's....... he allway's had girl's in it and it had HORIBLE road noise...... you head it coming clear down the road and then some.

One night I was out in a Ferrari that was built up, lowerd, race tires all around, roll cage, race seats and harnesses ect ect...... we pulled up next to him and were both going to turn left (2 lanes for left turn) and told him we wanted to make a u-turn there and for him to wait so that he could see us and not run us over.........

I did see a Ford truck the other day that was lifted and had a hitch like that but smaller...... looked rather ******ed really....... would look even worse pulling anything.
Road noise..

thats like complaining about the gas mileage you get out of your 1ton dump, over loaded, running a 454..

farmboy1285
01-19-2010, 04:52 PM
ya there is no way thats road legal, or safe at all lol. But it is still pretty cool, ya know you are doing good when you make oversized mud tires look small.

Lawn Man Dave
01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Road noise..

thats like complaining about the gas mileage you get out of your 1ton dump, over loaded, running a 454..

Who said anyone was complaining?

AEL
01-19-2010, 08:18 PM

A lowered ferrari? for real? and race tires? How much lower can you get a ferrari? What do you mean by race tires? Pretty sure there equipped with some of the best rubber money can buy? Not calling you out or nothing just curious as to why anyone would mess with lowering a car thats already scraping the ground.

And yes i Love lifted trucks but imo anything over 12" of lift looks stupid.

Junior M
01-19-2010, 08:48 PM
A lowered ferrari? for real? and race tires? How much lower can you get a ferrari? What do you mean by race tires? Pretty sure there equipped with some of the best rubber money can buy? Not calling you out or nothing just curious as to why anyone would mess with lowering a car thats already scraping the ground.

And yes i Love lifted trucks but imo anything over 12" of lift looks stupid.
anything above a 6in makes me wanna puke..

but I am about function when it comes to a lifted truck.. Thats why I'll never have more than a leveling kit or a 2in lift..

AEL
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
anything above a 6in makes me wanna puke..

but I am about function when it comes to a lifted truck.. Thats why I'll never have more than a leveling kit or a 2in lift..

My Ford f250 has apprx an 8" lift with 37" tires, and i find it is perfect. When it only had a 4" lift my guys would throw water pumps, hoses , basically anything you would put in the back over the side of the truck no matter how many times i warned them to open the tailgate. Now with the lift they HAVE to put the tail gate down lol

Junior M
01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
My Ford f250 has apprx an 8" lift with 37" tires, and i find it is perfect. When it only had a 4" lift my guys would throw water pumps, hoses , basically anything you would put in the back over the side of the truck no matter how many times i warned them to open the tailgate. Now with the lift they HAVE to put the tail gate down lol
See, I dont like that high of a lift. Atleast not on a truck I'd have to work out of.

I could deal with that high of a lift on a Friday night/Sunday to church truck. But if I gotta work out of it, I'd prefer no more than a 2inch with 35s..

And ask my brother about the last time he put something in the bed of the Chevy over the side.. He wont do it again.. :nono: