PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok for a doorhanger?

buffalonick
01-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I am going to go and design my door hanger on monday and i plan on putting on some phrases to catch people eyes. This will be my first year so i just wanna get my name and quality of work out there, so i will offer discounts. My thoughts are id rather have alot of lawns at a cheaper price, in order to get some business rather than no lawns cuz my prices are too high.

On the door hangers:

Senior Discounts
We'll beat a competitors price by 20%
Refer two people and get one month of lawncare free

JBlawn
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
you will beat competitors price by 20%:confused: hope you like working for next to nothing.

would not do senior discounts. they are the ones that cant do there own lawns so dont see any reason to.

I think you should have a referal plan but wouldnt put it on a door hanger i would market that straight to your customers, or when trying to close the sale you can tell them about it then..

and why would you want more lawns for cheaper? work smarter not harder

clean_cut
01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Maybe add a 4th mowing free, but I don't like the thought of trying to beat a competitors price, what if they bid for $20 on a $30 job, do you still want to take 20% off of the 20 dollars?

I like the idea of adding a discount for referals, maybe 1 free mowing for every customer you GAIN through them.

Hope I could help.

TJ LAWN
01-17-2010, 07:26 PM
I am going to go and design my door hanger on monday and i plan on putting on some phrases to catch people eyes. This will be my first year so i just wanna get my name and quality of work out there, so i will offer discounts. My thoughts are id rather have alot of lawns at a cheaper price, in order to get some business rather than no lawns cuz my prices are too high.

On the door hangers:

Senior Discounts
We'll beat a competitors price by 20%
Refer two people and get one month of lawncare free

I dont like the 20% off..If a guy throws out a low bid are you gonna beat it by 20%...,,I have done VERY WELL with the multiple lawn discount..

echeandia
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Customers will love you but you won't be around next year after you realize gave everything away.

Grass Shark
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Will you beat this guys price by 20%? http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=301669
You are providing a professional service that requires tools and insurance and other cost. Sound like you are professional. When was the last time you ever heard a car dealer service center beat anybodys price by 20% or if you send a customer in your service is completly free this time?

ProcsLC
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
I agree with evryone else, offering that big of a discount is not going to help you... Besides, anyone could make a fake bill and say " see, this guy will do it for $12.50" now you gotta beat that by 20%?!!? Uhmmm, not if you like eating!

Focus on being professional and although price is important it isn't everything. I have people pick me over others that we are more expensive then because i know how to sell my services and act like a professional.. The work is top notch and I don't BS anyone, people are willing to pay more for that and YOU need to establish yourself like this right from the begining... Right now your door hanger idea tells me your starving for business and I could nickel and dime you down to getting 3 free cuts per month and paying for 1.... So rethink your theory and don't sweat getting clients, if there is one thing the economy is not short of, it's lazy people not looking forward to mowing their lawns...