PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn Maint Business starting out

Warner Farms
01-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Hey my name is Dan and I have been reading this sight almost daily for about 6 months. Lots of good information. This spring I am launching my lawn care business in the Fort Wayne, IN area. My first lawn venture was when I was about 13. I pulled a lawn cart behind my grandma's 1250 Cub Cadet with hand tools and an ancient Echo string trimmer that had chain saw blades instead of string (prob not the safest for a youngster). I did pretty well for a couple summers there. Anyway, I have a good job with a steel company here but always have business ideas in mind. I went to school for entrepreneurship before going to Iraq (USMC) but lost interest in school in general.I have some equipment already and am excited to launch my marketing campaign in mid february. So far my setup includes:

2009 60" Exmark Next Lazer. 25 HP Kohler. Was leased to a customer and turned in with 117 hours. Looks brand new. Dealership registered it with exmark as a demo and I got it for $6,900. Not bragging. I just think I got a smokin' deal on that one.
Stihl FC 55 String Trimmer
Stihl BR600 Magnum (awesome tool!)

Open to any suggestions with regard to effective marketing, equip maint, exc. Thanks for all the info on this sight!:drinkup:

Thanks,
Dan

DLAWNS
01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite! Thank you for your service!:usflag::usflag: And you stole that mower at that price....hahaha Good Luck...any questions, just ask...

g21
01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey Dan, Welcome. Thanks for your service! Let me know if I can help with anything.

Good Luck

Tommy

Warner Farms
01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks fellas. Tommy I have got some good info about figuring your man hour rate exc from you videos. Thanks again.

BearWise Landscapers
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the website, Dan. Good luck in your business. Tommy is a great resource to have as you grow.

chathamvahere
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service ot our country, great deal on that Exmark!!!

JFGauvreau
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forums and good luck to you!

Greenscapelawn
01-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome.
Best of luck with your business.:usflag:

JandJLawncare
01-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Dan , thank you for your service ! Best wishes in your endevors .