PDA

View Full Version : Encore mowers???

capekev
01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi,
I'm shopping around for a used mower, I am trading a 1999 Yamaha Banshee that is in real good shape (i paid $2300 for the Banshee).... I dont know much about Encore mowers, I was thinking about checking this one out: "48 inch encore Z 48 sit down rider,1250 hrs,Hydro, bagging/Collection system.new spindle bearings/just rebuilt the hopper(impeller/bearings,brand new bags, good belts, smokes on startup but runs good"
How much do you boys think this Encore mower is worth???
Also, someone offerd me a great dane surfer 52" hydro he's selling for $1900-

I kinda like the great dane trade offer better, I don't like how he says the Encore smokes when it starts, does that mean it's on it's way out? I'm just starting out and want something to make it through the season with out needing me to put to much cash into it. 1200 hrs???
Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, I apprectiate it guy's!

Nolimit124
01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I just sold my encore mower for $1500 so I would say its wort at least that. However I would say the bagging systems would make it worth more. i would say it would be worth $1600-1800

SouthLouisianaGrassCutter
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
What engine is on it?

capekev
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I just sold my encore mower for $1500 so I would say its wort at least that. However I would say the bagging systems would make it worth more. i would say it would be worth $1600-1800

Thanks man... so would you say its a lower quality mower?

capekev
01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Not sure, I'm going to go check it out tomorrow.

SouthLouisianaGrassCutter
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Is it for personal use or commercial?

MOHUSTLER
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Alot of mowers smoke on startup. Thats a symptom that alot of engines see after time. If the smoke goes away dont worry. Its just burning off the oil that gets ontop of the cylinder. Either mower will be a good one. Which one will be easier to get parts for?

capekev
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
What engine is on it?

Kawasaki 19hp. I think 1200 hours is a lot???

capekev
01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Is it for personal use or commercial?

It's for commercial use, this is going to be my first year full time.

capekev
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,
I'm shopping around for a used mower, I am trading a 1999 Yamaha Banshee that is in real good shape (i paid $2300 for the Banshee).... I dont know much about Encore mowers, I was thinking about checking this one out: "48 inch encore Z 48 sit down rider,1250 hrs,Hydro, bagging/Collection system.new spindle bearings/just rebuilt the hopper(impeller/bearings,brand new bags, good belts, smokes on startup but runs good"
How much do you boys think this Encore mower is worth???
Also, someone offerd me a great dane surfer 52" hydro he's selling for $1900-

I kinda like the great dane trade offer better, I don't like how he says the Encore smokes when it starts, does that mean it's on it's way out? I'm just starting out and want something to make it through the season with out needing me to put to much cash into it. 1200 hrs???
Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, I apprectiate it guy's!

I just got offered a 48" Ferris hydro walk-behind/bag with a 14hp Kawasaki... There is nothing wrong with the Ferris, I'd say it's worth $1400... I think I'm going to go for the Ferris. This year is going to be my first year full time and need something to get me through the season with no problems. I think the Encore mowers or at least the later model Encore mowers are not built for commercial use, brand new there around for grand and this one has 1,200hrs on it. Thanks for the input fellas...