PDA

View Full Version : Any one familiar with these tractors?

greenred
01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I been looking at the Ingersoll Tractors. From what I can tell they seem to be well built tractors. Remind me a lot of the old style Cub Cadets before MTD ruined them. Any of you guys out there have any experience with them or know about how much they run? I would like to find a used one and hook a snow blade or snow blower to it.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8527/4000big.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/i/4000big.jpg/)

http://www.ingersolltractors.com/

ALC-GregH
01-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Turnquist Service Co
3027 W Jackson
Macomb, IL
309-833-5279

I bet this place can price them for you.

greenred
01-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Turnquist Service Co
3027 W Jackson
Macomb, IL
309-833-5279

I bet this place can price them for you.

Yeah, thanks I found a dealer closer then that.

I would really like to know peoples opinion of them

Razorblades
01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I happen to own 2 of them along with my Lastec Zero turn mower.

I have an Ingersoll 4018 with the 48" mower deck.

I also have an Ingersoll 4020 PS with the 60" mower deck. This tractor is very versatile, as it has the cat. 0 3 pt hitch and the hydraulic PTO.
I have numerous attachments/implements for this tractor.

These are very heavy duty built tractors. They don't have some of the "bells and whistles" that some of the other high end garden tractors have but they are heavy built. The Ingersoll brand is the descendant of the old Case Lawn and Garden Tractor line, which was owned by the JI CASE Company. They still use the same heavy duty hydraulic drive system that they did when they were the Case brand. There have been gradual updates and refinements to the tractors and attachments over the years but they are the same basic design that they were, as afar as most of the components go.

I like mine alot and plan on keeping them. They do see alot of snowblowing and blading action in the northern states.

They are a small company located in Portland Maine and have some dealers scattered around.

greenred
01-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks Razorblades. Would you mind telling me what your two went for?

Razorblades
01-17-2010, 11:30 PM
If you want to learn alot more about them, go to www.mytractorforum.com and go to the garden tractor group and click on the "colt-case-ingersoll group. I'm not trying to steer you away from this site but you will find alot of info on them there.

greenred
01-17-2010, 11:39 PM
If you want to learn alot more about them, go to www.mytractorforum.com and go to the garden tractor group and click on the "colt-case-ingersoll group. I'm not trying to steer you away from this site but you will find alot of info on them there.

Thanks again Razorblades.

Kutz Lawns
01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
What is that black round thing on the top?

Thanks

Razorblades
01-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Here are some pics of my Ingersoll's and some of the attachments that I use.

hackitdown
01-18-2010, 06:14 AM
What is that black round thing on the top?

Thanks

Maybe it is some kind of primitive directional adjustment device.

Kutz Lawns
01-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Maybe it is some kind of primitive directional adjustment device.

Any commercial mower I know of doesn't have one!

Razorblades
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Any commercial mower I know of doesn't have one!

I'm not sure about the orig. Poster but I never claimed that these tractors were commercial equipment, although there are alot of components of the tractor that are of commercial quality. Obviously they are slower and less efficient at cutting grass than most any ZT but they (and other high end Garden tractors) have a small niche with some homeowners/and a few commercial users, such as myself, that can make use of the various attachments that are offered. I do most of my cutting with my ZT and let my helper use the Ingersoll sometimes when he's not trimming.

BTW, don't most Wide area mowers have steering wheels and aren't they commercial quality?:usflag:

hackitdown
01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Those Ingersoll tractors are really nice machines. They are not cheap when new.