PDA

View Full Version : mower advice

derekarbeiter
01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
So i need some advice guys. I have the opportunity to buy a new Hustler Super Z for about ten grand and really like the mower, i have been looking at them for a while and have really been leaning towards purchasing it but idk. I currently am running a John Deere 717A and paid about sixty three hundred for it(which i consider a good price for a MOWER) Ten grand seems a bit much for a piece of equipment only used for one task. I love my jd it cuts awesome, just want something that rides and handles a little better with more power. What would you guys do. I would like to get atleast 4500 out of the deere and i have some old lawn tractors i'm selling as well and i hope to get about 1500 out of them. But idk if it is worth going in debt for this mower. I'm a commercial user by the way not using it for just my home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

millenium_123
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Is the new mower going to be bigger than the old one? Is there anything wrong with the john deer? I am in the same boat as you, but I have tried to wait as long as possible to buy a new one. I am fixing to buy a 48" Fastrack SD to replace my 5 yr old toro timecutter. Everytime I turn around something is wrong with it. I think Hustlers are one of the best out there, plus they have a great warranty.

derekarbeiter
01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Nothing is wrong with the deere i just want something with more power and better handling like i said. The super z will have a 54" deck with 31hp kawi and the deere has a 48" deck with 19hp kawi so it is a little bigger than the deere. The hustler is a 15mph machine, the deere a 9mph machine as well.

millenium_123
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Well It sounds like it would be a good idea to get the new hustler, since it will be bigger and faster. Make more money that way!

derekarbeiter
01-17-2010, 09:57 PM
yeah thats what i thought i guess i will just see what happens. If it is meant to be its meant to be.

SouthLouisianaGrassCutter
01-17-2010, 10:15 PM
How about a scag? Just a thought

derekarbeiter
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
They are nice too I just like the Hustlers better.

01-17-2010, 10:35 PM
All I can say about a scag is it was the best mower we ever got 9 years old and it will simply out cut any new mower hands down Ferris, Kabota, Toro, Exmark, ect....

It has a 61" advantage deck with a 27 HP Kawasaki

Kawasaki motor sucks(on the third one) but it has 3000 HOURS on the the rest. At 2500 hrs the hydro pumps gave out replaced it all. Original spindles lasted 2700 hrs.

Run Mobil One in the engine and put Mobil One greese every greese fitting and don't look back.

millenium_123
01-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Impressive!

01-18-2010, 12:24 AM
More Impressive is the tired and true Toro with well north of 3500+ hrs that is 12yrs old with original everything except for it is on the third deck

52' cut with the 23 hp koler

MJB
01-18-2010, 02:23 AM
They are nice too I just like the Hustlers better.

I run The super z, and Exmark right now and for the money I would probably look at the new BB Outlaw before pulling the trigger on a Super Z.
$7999 with more options.
They are low to the ground like the Super Z, and a longer frame like the super z. If you have never cut grass with the XR7 deck in your area, demo one first. The decks build up with grass clippings worse than any other deck imo. If you don't have a BB dealer close to you then demo everything else this spring before making a purchase. Cut quality is an issue in northern grasses for several brands.