PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Bucket Positioning

wanabe
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
The T-300 I recently purchased has the Bucket Positioning switch, but I can not get it to work or get the switch to light up. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I think this feature allows the machine to have a self leveling bucket? This T-300 has the gold lable on the front below the step, so im thinging it should have this feature and the switch is not just a fake switch? Thanks!

bobcat_ron
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Check the fuses and relays.

YellowDogSVC
01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
The T-300 I recently purchased has the Bucket Positioning switch, but I can not get it to work or get the switch to light up. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I think this feature allows the machine to have a self leveling bucket? This T-300 has the gold lable on the front below the step, so im thinging it should have this feature and the switch is not just a fake switch? Thanks!

pull the switch and see if it is connected. then do as ron says. Gold package has bucket leveling I believe.

wanabe
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
I pulled all the fuses today, and found 1 15 amp fuse that was bad. i replaced it and it did nothing. I will get a test light out in the morning and try to trace it down. Bobcat bucket positioning switch is new to me, so I thought maybe I was just doing something wrong.

twward
01-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Just a little info on Bobcats. They use a generic panel in every loader they sell. It is cheaper for them to mass produce a single panel.

From the sounds of it, you do not have the necessary hardware to engage bucket positioning. The Gold Package does not always signify bucket positioning. You can have it installed at your local dealership for around $800-900.

Your panel also shows a button/switch for high flow hydraulics but unless that feature was specified when ordered from the factory, you don't have that either.

Hope that helps.

SellingIron
01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Just a little info on Bobcats. They use a generic panel in every loader they sell. It is cheaper for them to mass produce a single panel.

From the sounds of it, you do not have the necessary hardware to engage bucket positioning. The Gold Package does not always signify bucket positioning. You can have it installed at your local dealership for around $800-900.

Your panel also shows a button/switch for high flow hydraulics but unless that feature was specified when ordered from the factory, you don't have that either.

Hope that helps.

You hit the nail right on the head!!!!!!. If the light does not come on for the bucket positioning or high-flow.. You have neither...If it does not say high-flow underneath the model number (G-series) or front of boom ( K-Series) your out of luck..Don't ask how much to add high-flow!!!!!

wanabe
01-17-2010, 11:30 PM
So the switch may be fake. Hmm, any other things I can look for to see if it has the positioning(other than the light)? Im not sure about the high flow. It does have 3 hyd lines on the boom. Is that highflow or just a case drain? It also has the electric plug in for something. I don't have a need for highflow, so thats really not a issue. Thanks

YellowDogSVC
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
So the switch may be fake. Hmm, any other things I can look for to see if it has the positioning(other than the light)? Im not sure about the high flow. It does have 3 hyd lines on the boom. Is that highflow or just a case drain? It also has the electric plug in for something. I don't have a need for highflow, so thats really not a issue. Thanks

you can lift the boom arms and if the bucket tries and levels out, you have bucket positioning.

wanabe
01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
you can lift the boom arms and if the bucket tries and levels out, you have bucket positioning.

But that only going to work on any bobcat after the button is pressed? If I don't have power at the switch it won't work? Or does the switch shut off the self leveling?

Carleton Equipment Co.
01-18-2010, 01:10 AM
A fairly quick way to confirm if your loader has this option is to call your local Bobcat dealer and have your serial number ready. They can typically call the factory and confirm how your machine was optioned out at the time of production.

YellowDogSVC
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
But that only going to work on any bobcat after the button is pressed? If I don't have power at the switch it won't work? Or does the switch shut off the self leveling?

you button has to be working. You may not have it installed as an option. I think it was an extra $800. Your serial number run through the bobcat service dept. will get you some answers on your options.