PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running Snapper 21inch mowers?

fsujammer
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I am looking at possibly buying a new Snapper 21 inch with a 6hp kawasaki. Does anybody have experience running these mowers? Liked it, didn't like it, etc.

Kutz Lawns
01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
At the top of every page on the far right hand side you'll see a box with your screen name in it when you sign in, there is another box in that same box, now type in that box "Snapper 21". Now hit the search button and see what happens! It will magically display all kinds of different posts on this forum that will answer all of your questions about Snapper 21's that have already been discussed at least a thousand times before. It will keep you busy for hours & hours or even days upon days with very useful and concise information and you will learn all kinds of stuff in different threads posted in different sections throughout the forum.

Welcome to the LS Forum & Good Luck My Friend!

greenred
01-18-2010, 12:40 AM
welcome fsujammer, dont mind the forum nazis

I personally have used two 21inch Snappers Hi-Vacs. I think they are really good mowers. The last one I purchased I put a Snapper Ninja blade on it and was really pleased with how well it mulched compared to the Toro Proline I had. I also was impressed with how well it bagged too. The one thing I did not care for compared to the older Snapper I had was the increase in size of the transmission engagement lever on the handle. I found it a little more awkward to use compared to my older Snapper. I bought my last one as a back up mower so I did not get the extra heavy duty one with steel wheels. I personally think if its going to be your sole 21inch mower its worth getting the heavier duty model.

MOHUSTLER
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes don't let A$$holes keep you from asking questions on this site. If everyone used the search bar no one would ever get any new feedback on anything.

Snapper makes a verry good mower. We have been selling them for a while, If your using them for commercial work get the HD snapper with the kawi engine. If its for homeowner use then you will be ok to go with the homeowner versions. The ninja blade makes for a fantastic cut.

fsujammer
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks, I will be using it for commercial work. I take it the ninja blade is not standard on them?

Also, how easy are they to work on when parts fail? I know my old Lawn Boys are very easy to work since they have a simple design that is easy to work on.

Groh's Mows
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Get the commercial model and working on it should not be much of an issue. They are built very solid and have steel wheels and bracing on the handle that makes them more solid than the regular models. They are offered with either a honda or kawi engine and I think either is a good choice, having used both. My current 21 is a snapper commercial with the honda 5.5 hp. It has mowed 6+ yards a week for the past four years without anything besides maintenance, 2 drive springs and 1 drive cable. Good mower.

ProcsLC
01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Big fan of the Snapper family here... We live close to a Snapper dealer and hes a great guy, which is why we use all snapper now... I cut is nice and even better with the blade upgrades and the machines themselves are built fantastic. Talked my dad into buying a resi ZTR from snapper for his lawn and he's actually used it a little commercially and it just runs like a tank, not a big fan of the resi carrying the B&S motor but he's a nut about doing PM so its been working fine for him... Good luck with yours, I think you'll be more than happy with any snapper brand mower!

ed2hess
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
We use several Snappers over the years always with the 2 stroke engines. We bought 2 of the new ones with kawaski engine and those are very very bad. The rope starting recoil mechanism is a junky design nothing like the older bigger Kawaski recoil starters. And we have had both with stripped shear pin on flywheel. In 25 years we never broke a shear pin on the old 2 stroke banger engines. If you are going with Snapper get the HOnda engine.

MnDLawn
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
We have 2 Snappers with the Briggs and never had any problems with them.

david shumaker
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I bought a Snapper homeowner last year. No problems so far. I like it better than any 21" I've ever owned.