PDA

View Full Version : Its too early for ad's like this

meicher806
01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi,

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY A RIDICULOUS FEE FOR QUALITY LAWN CARE.
Don't sign another contract without reading this first. Companies are charging up to 80.00 per acre to mow, trim, and blow off walkways and drives. My company does all of that with prompt professional service for 25.00. Up to one acre for 25.00 dollars. The rate gets even better with bigger lots. We offer snow removal services, including roof top snow removal for rates that are guaranteed lowest. Please call me before you sign any longterm contract. I can save you money with the same professional service. I am also commercially insured and will provide up to date insurance cards upon request.

I think i am going to have this guy come and mow my shop/house, I figure if i give him all 40 acres it should tie him up for the better part of the week :laugh::laugh:

Lawnut101
01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY A RIDICULOUS FEE FOR QUALITY LAWN CARE.
Don't sign another contract without reading this first. Companies are charging up to 80.00 per acre to mow, trim, and blow off walkways and drives. My company does all of that with prompt professional service for 25.00. Up to one acre for 25.00 dollars. The rate gets even better with bigger lots. We offer snow removal services, including roof top snow removal for rates that are guaranteed lowest. Please call me before you sign any longterm contract. I can save you money with the same professional service. I am also commercially insured and will provide up to date insurance cards upon request.

I think i am going to have this guy come and mow my shop/house, I figure if i give him all 40 acres it should tie him up for the better part of the week :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, please keep him down there! lol

coolluv
01-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Wait, give it another couple months... You haven't seen nothin yet! If you thought last year was bad.... just wait

Let the lowballing begin.

Dave...

DLAWNS
01-18-2010, 11:37 AM
a bit early yes, but they'll be comin' out of the woodwork soon, but they never last...

topsites
01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I hate to agree because they're right, this is one aspect of the business that never changes.

dtc0207
01-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I have been looking at this site for 6 months now and I cant recall how many post are on here about lowballing, Which leads me to a question How come when it comes to buying new equipment all I here is Price Price. I know price is important but remember the dealer has to make a profit to.

Premier landscaping south
01-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I have been looking at this site for 6 months now and I cant recall how many post are on here about lowballing, Which leads me to a question How come when it comes to buying new equipment all I here is Price Price. I know price is important but remember the dealer has to make a profit to.

LOL good point.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-18-2010, 12:35 PM
A guy posting a lawn service ad in the middle of January in the Upper Midwest??
He won't get A SINGLE RESPONSE to that ad. People here don't think green until at LEAST March.

I don't even waste my time posting a free Craigslist ad as I know it won't be responded to now.

Golfpro21
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I bet his "uptodate insurance card is printed on the same press his green card is printed"

Lawnut101
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
He won't get A SINGLE RESPONSE to that ad. People here don't think green until at LEAST March.

I don't even waste my time posting a free Craigslist ad as I know it won't be responded to now.

I don't get calls until May. Then people wonder why it takes so long to get back to them.

meicher806
01-18-2010, 10:15 PM

I agree, Im sure some of the price, price has something to do with the effects of guys lowballing and cutting into "our" income (cost vs. profit). When i get prices on new equiptment I will get several quotes from dealers, who ever gives me the best price is who i go with. I may or may not haggle with them depending on what im buying. i understand that they too need to turn a profit to stay in business and service what i bought.

I run ad's year round for my mowing, there are a lot of companies around that want there mowing prices around feb. google earth is a good tool that i use for figureing out what i should be charging when there is a foot of snow on the ground. I got a call a few weeks ago to bid a church 40,000sqft of turf, and there cemetery 500,000 sqft. looks like im in the top running for getting it. i made it through round 1 and 2. I should know more on that account by next week.

rcslawncare
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Same old, same old. It is a bit early!

Mahoney3223
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
It's never to early for the lowballing laid off hack blowhard craigslist ads!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh gotta love it

dKoester
01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Its OK, they go out of business soon because they don't know that there is a cost of doing business. They are not making much of any money cutting 1 acre lawns for 25 bucks.

SouthLouisianaGrassCutter
01-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I get where you are from some people do pay to much for lawn care. But don't run a below the belt ad like that.

Insured if not get insured.

Also chaging 80 bucks an acre can put you out of bussiness too, Bad economy high fuel prices, I will be cranking up the ol snapper and doing it myself.

OSU 09
01-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?!:hammerhead: Every year guys get into this industry thinking "its just mowing grass it can't be that hard, I can make some extra cash" What the fail to think about is the business aspect of things. They forget that it costs money to run a successful business. The money starts comming in and they think they are doing great, then they look at how much it is costing them to stay in business and see that they are barely breaking even or that they are in the red. They go out of business and the next year in steps someone new to take their place and the cycle continues!

jvanvliet
01-19-2010, 07:58 AM
$25.00 an acre? I'll sub out my work to this guy and have fun in the sun...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-19-2010, 11:41 AM
I run ad's year round for my mowing, there are a lot of companies around that want there mowing prices around feb. google earth is a good tool that i use for figureing out what i should be charging when there is a foot of snow on the ground. I got a call a few weeks ago to bid a church 40,000sqft of turf, and there cemetery 500,000 sqft. looks like im in the top running for getting it. i made it through round 1 and 2. I should know more on that account by next week.

I was only talking about residential business - I realize commercial business works more in the offseason. Resi's never call when there is snowpack on the ground.

meicher806
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I was only talking about residential business - I realize commercial business works more in the offseason. Resi's never call when there is snowpack on the ground.

You got me there,

HARRIS Property Management
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I would guess if someone actually wrote that ad they are brand new in the business and will hate what they do in 6 months and quit. Wouldnt worry about him.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
01-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Let the lowballing begin.

x2, time to start patrolin' craigs list..:laugh:

WGLandscapeMaintenance
01-21-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm actually thinking of running some advertising the week after the first 90-100+ degree days in late june, early-mid july, make it specific, with a headline saying, "Your low cost lawn care company bailed on you once it got hot? Allow the professionals to handle it..." :laugh:

bighaydenslawn
01-21-2010, 07:54 AM
In response to DA Quality Lawn,
I am in NW Indiana, and this past year was my first year. I was going out on my first day to mow (I think the 3rd saturday in April) and got 3-4 calls between waking up and walking out the door to start. Needless to say I didn't get all done that day like I had wanted to. But your'e right, it has to be at least 65 degrees, sunny and 5-6 inch tall grass for most people to call.

I have found that here in the dead of winter is the best time to talk to business owners about mowing their businesses next year though.

DiyDave
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Run an ad on CL, saying, I fix $25/A lawnmowing!:laugh::laugh::waving:

betmr
01-21-2010, 11:33 AM
I think someone has no concept of the size of an acre. My three bedroom house, is on a 75 ft. X 150 Ft. Lot, that I would not mow for $25.

rip&tear
01-21-2010, 11:41 AM
a bit early yes, but they'll be comin' out of the woodwork soon, but they never last...

And with enough of them neither will you guys:walking:

vharman4
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
$25.00 an acre? I'll sub out my work to this guy and have fun in the sun...

hahaha thats exactly what i was thinking:cool2:

grassman177
01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
he will go under. no doubt. i think it is funny

wes230
03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
And with enough of them neither will you guys:walking:

true...sad.....but true

Mahoney3223
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
i got some good ads from my good ol' CL...enjoy!

i mow lawns, mulch, put rocks around perimitter, trim trees, removal of trees, anything you need done just give me a call. i will do it cheaper than anybody. 330-933-8384

Just about ANY size lawn $25 or under ($20 with referral). Includes mowing, trimming + sidewalk/driveway cleanup. Larger lawns STILL $25 with a referral to another job. ALL lawns can recieve $5 off each mowing with a referral as well. The MORE referrals you make, the MORE off your weekly mowing.

Mowing strarting at low rates of $25.00 per acre that will be mow weeded and grass blown off

Mahoney3223
03-06-2010, 05:44 PM
the proper grammar and professionalism of CL never ceases to amaze me! i would rather have inmates serving community service on my lawn then these derelicts

Cables Lawn Care
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
All I can say is wow. I had a client drop me to go to a low baller. The low baller didn't follow through. They begg me to come back. I was cutting this yard for $35 and told them I needed $50 to come back. Got my point across and a raise. Thanks to a low baller. The yard takes 20 mins to mow,weedeat,edge side walks, and blow.