PDA

View Full Version : Bagging grass

gdavis67
01-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Is anyone in the midwest (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc...) bagging clippings on a regular basis, or are you doing it by customer request? If so, what months do you change to bagging, and are you charging extra? I have some people asking for this in July/ August. Thanks for your help.

Krafty
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I bag a few yards all year around, not all of them. It is by customer request and I think it is about $10 more per mowing!

mowerbrad
01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Most of the customers I get, think it is better for the lawn to be bagged. I have tried switching a few people over to just discharging, but I haven't succeeded yet. So I have been bagging 90% of my customers' lawns. I think this year, certain customer will have a price increase because of it but not all. The price increase due to bagging is usually $5 for me. If its a PITA customer, the surcharge is $10.

I'm hoping that with the new deere MOD (mulch on demand) mower I'm getting this year, I will be able to do a little less bagging.

Kutz Lawns
01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
If a customer doesn't have a place to dump it or doesn't want to left for the trashman, it won't get bagged!

I enjoy bagging because it looks way better and less clean up!

RodneyK
01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Wondering why they want July/August. Seems like the clippings would be less then as opposed to the heavy top growth in Spring. Anyway, I factor in $10 and bag everything all the time. Less to clean up and I like the way it looks. PITA in itself though.

rcslawncare
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I only bag a few back yards that have some extensive landscaping!

xclusive
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I am not in your area so I do not know anything about your clients but as far as mine go I take away all the grass in my dump truck and then dump it at the end of the week. I also do not charge my clients anything additional for this because I want their lawns to look neat/clean since it is my business reputation on the line.