PDA

View Full Version : Drain Line Help Needed.

Whitaker24
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
have a drain connected that runs under the driveway leading into the garage. ITs a 3-4" drain. I need to add something to either connect into the existing one (I have photo enclose) I need it to go about 6 ft into the existing pipe, or put in another lil trench line so water will not puddle up near the garage door and cross the reground asphault drive. Can I hook a pvc pipe 6' into the existing line and carry the water that way? Or can I put pvc across the drive where in the photo i made a lil trench to get the water across so it wouldnt puddle last night.

help me out I want to do this as simple as possible thanks.

Whitaker24
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
The existing black pipe is where the pile of dirt is. I dug it out and took the photo. Line can go from shovel into black pipe about 6' closer to the house, or cut a new one across the drive.

whitebp1
01-18-2010, 11:59 PM
what i would use is something like this http://www.ndspro.com/files/catalogs/DuraSlope.pdf

im assuming that from the pic the pipe is going left to right draining way from the home. cut the pipe spice in a span of NDS drain and then go back to solid pipe again. this way you can get the wat flowing from the gutter it will run throhg the grate section and at the same time the grate will be catching the water from the driveway section. once the drive goes back to turf or the like then go back to solid pipe. now pvc pipe is easier to use with nds but if im not mistaken they do also make an adapter to go form nds drain to corrugated pipe ( i could be wrong on this though)

Whitaker24
01-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I purchased and installed the drain today. Suppose to rain tomorrow.........I hope it works properly. I do not want to have to do install it!

whitebp1
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
so what did you end up going with? show us some completion pics and now thats its raining hows it working?

Whitaker24
01-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Picked up the NDS stuff you mentioned, and then started talking to guy at the Home Depot, he mentioned putting in a drain box, and corrgulated pipe with a t to tie into existing line.

That is what I went with. It was also about $30 cheaper that way. I checked it earlier, and what is going into it and I do not have a "puddle" as I usually have. However we are getting so much rain going to be hard to not have some of it crossover. Its collecting water coming down the side of the driveway and also near the flower bed. So far i am pleased. Any idea what someone would charged to do this for me? It took about an hour.

Whitaker24
01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
New drain worked all night. Hardly any water up near the garage door. I may install another box into the one I put in cause I have it across another section now where it got higher than the drive. I put up photos today or tonight.

Whitaker24
01-25-2010, 08:49 AM
The area behind my truck is where i might install another drain. You can see the drain I put in near my front truck tire. Most of the water on the garage pad is when I raised up the door. I didnt have to add the lil trench as I have had to before to get water to not be standing after a rain. The area behind the truck is what the front area used to look like before I put in the new drain, but it was 5 times as bad.

Im happy to say the least.

whitebp1
02-08-2010, 06:38 PM
cool glad is worked out for you that stuff is awsome to use if properly thougth out and correct installation is done it will work wonders

Whitaker24
02-21-2010, 07:59 PM
i have since lined the edge where the drain box is with landscape timbers also. Where the turn is on the same side, I cut the timbers at an angle an ran then into the drive. That way the water will run down into that spot and turn with the angle right into the drain I put in! So far sooooo gooooood!