PDA

View Full Version : Icpi Level 1 Course

Dstosh
01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I am thinking about taking a ICPI level 1 course. There is one locally in feb.

I dont really do any paver work-only because I'm not sure on how to properly do it.

I dont have a ton of knowledge on the subject but I'm not a total novice.

What's to expect from this course? Am I even ready to take it?

Thanks

robtown
01-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I am sure you are ready to take it.
It is entry level and is pretty basic.
They will go over step by step how to put in pavers.
After taking the course you will want to delete this thread.
you will also want to start putting pavers. what they might not go over is investment of equipment.
oh if you take the level 1 take the cap course and retaining wall class.
good luck

Dan85
01-18-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking about going myself, but I think I'm gonna go to the one in Depew during March.

Let us know how it went!

- Dan

Dstosh
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm thinking about going myself, but I think I'm gonna go to the one in Depew during March.

Let us know how it went!

- Dan

I'd like to try the rochester one in feb first, only cause who knows what march will bring. I'd like to try the first availaibe one first and then fall back on the second one just in case of snow or other events.

I'll give you the skinny.

Pittsburgh Stone83
01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I am thinking about taking a ICPI level 1 course. There is one locally in feb.

I dont really do any paver work-only because I'm not sure on how to properly do it.

I dont have a ton of knowledge on the subject but I'm not a total novice.

What's to expect from this course? Am I even ready to take it?

Thanks

I think it's a great idea.They teach you the basic fundamentals that are the corner stone for any paver app. from driveways, to patios to walkways. If you pass or not may also depend on who's teaching the course. If you want I have a copy of the majority of the content in the ICPI manual that I use as part of my Operations manual for my employees. This is all material that is on the exam.Send me your email if you want it.

Greenboy24
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
All the info (the class book) can be found on their website in .PDF format.

Pretty easy class, but at the same time a great way of educating those who don't really know much or anything about pavers. A great platform of knowledge to build on.

As good as a book class without hands on could do in teaching the material, although a lot will depend on who you have as a teacher, I've heard of some who were terrible.

The guy I had when I took it a few years ago was very good.

NMS0219
01-26-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm going to the one in depew in march, should be fun. We already do alot of pavers just going to learn something new.

Jim Bo
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
It's well worth the time and money. I agree with robtown, once your finished take the SRW Wall class. Plus they put your name / company name on there web site.

GreenmanCT
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenmanCT
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I went last year in atlantic city. I think they should construct something for the class. it's all classroom
Posted via Mobile Device

kootoomootoo
01-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I went last year in atlantic city. I think they should construct something for the class. it's all classroom
Posted via Mobile Device

BINGO

Reality......the logo is way more important to most guys. look at me.

TwoBrothersBrickPavingw
01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I would highly recommend taking the class if you plan to install pavers.

DJJS
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I took the class as soon as I was 18 and it was definately worth it, although its an in classroom course you learn everything you'll need to know about installing pavers. The only thing I would recommend after taking the course, your first paver installation should be at your own house, family members house, or something like that so you have an opportunity to put what you learned in the classroom into an actual project without the pressure of it being for a paying customer. Goodluck with it man

Paver Gangster
01-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

The ICPI has experimented with this and its truly a logistical nightmare. My suggestion is to check with

pavetech.com

. . . . who I believe has a 2 day HO class at their facility in Wisconsin. Not cheap, though.

GreenmanCT
01-30-2010, 10:40 AM
The ICPI has experimented with this and its truly a logistical nightmare. My suggestion is to check with

pavetech.com

. . . . who I believe has a 2 day HO class at their facility in Wisconsin. Not cheap, though.

yeah i bet it would be. i got lucky though, the distributor here for nicolock is gonna let me build a display at thier facility.