PDA

View Full Version : Anyone modify there stuff.

SouthLouisianaGrassCutter
01-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Make it last long, run better, get more power out of it, or make it easier to use.

Glenn Lawn Care
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
i dont if this counts as modifying but im gunna wld a bsket to my trailer!

rcslawncare
01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Interesting thread, don't really modify any of my stuff, but Im sure there are a lot of people out there!

mowerbrad
01-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't, mainly because I don't want to modify something and then have it void my warranty.

01-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Uncorking the exhaust and carb on blowers, trimmers ect... may add some port timing to the old stihl fs-250:eek:

CowboysLawnCare
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I sprayed bedliner on the 2 sides of my deck where it gets all scratched up.

01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Fill the front tires with water. Well thats what I did before the zero flat tires. You know when you had a leak and it would keep the front tires from shaking till the bearings fell out. Also didn't need air water kept the tire "aired up"

txgrassguy
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Nope - I buy my equipment set up already. That why I'm not wrenching instead of working.

clean_cut
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Not much other than a small stuff like a trimmer holder, on the walk behind, and a sulky.

Hoy landscaping
01-19-2010, 05:37 PM
my friend put a gun rack on his exmark lazer.

Richard Martin
01-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I've pretty much modded everything I have. Here's a few pics.

This Dixie has had more mods than I can remember. Moved the battery from the front to the rear, changed out the stainless steel floorpan and carpet for aluminum diamond plate, got a roller from www.bigleaguelawns.com, did the factory baffle mods and nosecone, added another key switch with a real key so it can't easily be stolen, added a caster to the deck and some other stuff.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/mower%20stuff/DSC00574.jpg

I added brakes to this mower and that's about it for this mower.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/mower%20stuff/DSC00565.jpg

JayD
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
I screwed a piece of Vinyl base cove molding to the front of my 52 TTHP to keep the blow out of grass under control. Works pretty good too.
Before when the grass blew out in front of the mower and the wind would catch it and it would end up in my face.

WHIPPLE5.7
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Here is a link to my Front mount aerator built from scratch, its quite done yet. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=301336 I build or modify almost everything. There is always room for improvement. My 13HP honda pressure washer pump crapped out so when got new pressure washer I kept the 13 Honda now I going to have the steel shop CNC laser cut a 1" thick X 20" steel wheel and make my chipper/shredder. A comparible powered chipper would run $3,000 but I'll have about $200 and a days worth of work into it.

MikeKle
01-20-2010, 01:25 AM
I removed the OEM air filter assembly on my ferris DD WB and rigged up a Donaldson air filter to it, works great and keeps the engine air much cleaner, I am also getting my TTHP ready for the same upgrade, just need the part that bolts to the carb that the pipe intake mounts to. I also rigged up a better way to keep the 2 wheel velke up when not in use, so it doesnt bang all over the place like when using a chain. A friend on mine likes to mount lights to his WBs, but I do not think I would ever use them, but I could mount them if I wanted, he also likes to put a piece of carpet on his 2 wheel jungle wheel, but I have no idea why he does this? He and I are also supposed to work on a type of spring or strut suspension to fit on a 2 wheel velke or jungle wheel to make the ride much smoother. I would love to hear some other things you all have done, and some pics too.

freshprince94
01-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Took the guard off my trimmer, thats about it.

STIHL GUY
01-20-2010, 10:25 PM
took the trimmer guard off and took the exhaust screen thing out of the muffler

Pjslawncare
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I screwed a piece of Vinyl base cove molding to the front of my 52 TTHP to keep the blow out of grass under control. Works pretty good too.
Before when the grass blew out in front of the mower and the wind would catch it and it would end up in my face.

I did the same thing. Worked a little better too

turfmaster90
01-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I added at trimmer holder to the ROPS to hold my trimmer. I got tired of walking back to the trailer for the trimmer. I also added a Cool Top fan on the ROPS to keep me cool during the summer and lights to use at night. I just added a power chute yesterday.

JayD
01-21-2010, 12:43 AM
I added at trimmer holder to the ROPS to hold my trimmer. I got tired of walking back to the trailer for the trimmer. I also added a Cool Top fan on the ROPS to keep me cool during the summer and lights to use at night. I just added a power chute yesterday.

Like to see some pix of that.....sounds preety cool...

Richard Martin
01-21-2010, 04:11 AM
and took the exhaust screen thing out of the muffler

I have 9 pieces of handheld equipment. I've removed the screen from only 1 piece. I can't stand how loud the equipment gets without the screen.

MikeKle
01-21-2010, 08:04 AM

Id love to see some pics of the fan on your mower, as I would like to get one for my mower. I would also like to see that electric gate lift in your signature. I looked into making on of these awhile back, but never did. Is your pretty fast? How does it work? Post some pics if you can. Thanks.

betmr
01-21-2010, 11:41 AM
We moved our Leaf Loader from the back of our dump truck to the front. Made a frame of 2" galvanized pipe to fit in Snow plow grill guard receivers. Ran 6" pvc pipe from loader to front of dump bed. No more swing away mount, to shovel around when dumping. Driver has full view of ground crew, and can drive right along curb line to suck up windrows.

Hawg City Lawns
01-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I added at trimmer holder to the ROPS to hold my trimmer. I got tired of walking back to the trailer for the trimmer.

ive been looking for something like this show us some pictures or give us a drawing or anything

clean_cut
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
No pictures yet guys!

Come on, someone's gotta have some cool pictures!

Metro Lawn
02-07-2010, 12:35 AM
How about a 24 HP V-Twin electric start hydro 36!!!!!

Tinkerer
02-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Made a 32" solid mount wing mower from a Bolens 2 blade deck, used 8hp engine, casters from Northern and hardware steel with all the holes already drilled in it. I had too big of a pulley on the engine and popped a valve.
Used hardware hinges to bolt wooden ramps to the tailgate of several trucks I had so the ramps would not come off the tailgate.
Used hardware hinges to bolt the grass deflector to the mower deck on a tractor. Added pulley and rope so I didn't have to reach down to pull the chute up.
I've done more. Just can't remember them right now.

Big C
02-07-2010, 03:16 AM
took the trimmer guard off and took the exhaust screen thing out of the muffler

^^^^^^Me too!^^^^^^

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM

That has to be a JimQ beast!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Once I get a Mantis broken in, I like to debaffle the muffler; then, lean out the carb to the power band. This makes them loud, sound like a dirtbike, not to mention the fact that it really reduces the frames serviceable life... But, it makes the machine MUCH more useful... especially in clay.

Other than that, I like to make sure all of my cutters have stripe kits-either factory roller or custom chain.

I did turn a fimco junk 15 gallon boom trailer into a nice little spray rig. I mounted the tank on channel, then attach the tank to the front caster frame of my hustler. I fabbed a mount to attach my "boomless" boom to the trailer hitch and extended the feed hose from the tank. The setup came with a handy spot sprayer with 15 feet of hose that mounts to the tank. It's a neat thing and works well for herbicide app.

Oh yeah, I like to put z toting dovetails on half ton trucks!

Alan0354
02-07-2010, 04:23 AM
I have 9 pieces of handheld equipment. I've removed the screen from only 1 piece. I can't stand how loud the equipment gets without the screen.

I remove the screen off my Shindy M242 and Maruyama bp, I don't notice they get louder!!!

dishboy
02-07-2010, 06:52 AM

perhaps a little overkill!

DT Lawn Care
02-07-2010, 09:39 AM
perhaps a little overkill!

I thunk so too! I saw that awhile back in the marketplace, it's ridiculous, my 36's are great with a 12.5 or 14.