PDA

View Full Version : wb verse rider question

SangerLawn
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM
This is a dumb question to the people that have been doing this for a long time….

I noticed a lot of posts this year of people asking for first mower recommendations. They say they are going to be financing it or they already have the cash. I am seeing a lot of people recommending large walk behinds…..

Here is my question….

Do you guys really use larger walk behinds that much? All we ever use are 36 inch walk behinds, everything else are larger riders. I don’t understand why someone would recommend a 48 inch or larger wb when a rider is so much faster. Of course I would understand if the properties were real hilly or something to that affect but no one ever asks the circumstances they just recommend a large wb???? Personally I would think a cheap push mower and a larger rider would be better then a large walk behind and a puch mower?

Again, I am talking about people asking questions about financing or they already have the cash for one……only about 5 percent of the time do we even take our walk behinds off our trailers…..it just seems like MOST of the time a larger walk behind is a waste of money?

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
01-18-2010, 10:15 PM
i can see why people would go with a large rider over a large wb but if they bought a rider they most liklely get a push mower, but if they get a large wb they could afford a smaller wb to go with it. also you could save a lot of money if you went with 2 wb than a rider.

rcslawncare
01-19-2010, 01:49 AM
This is a dumb question to the people that have been doing this for a long time….

I noticed a lot of posts this year of people asking for first mower recommendations. They say they are going to be financing it or they already have the cash. I am seeing a lot of people recommending large walk behinds…..

Here is my question….

Do you guys really use larger walk behinds that much? All we ever use are 36 inch walk behinds, everything else are larger riders. I don’t understand why someone would recommend a 48 inch or larger wb when a rider is so much faster. Of course I would understand if the properties were real hilly or something to that affect but no one ever asks the circumstances they just recommend a large wb???? Personally I would think a cheap push mower and a larger rider would be better then a large walk behind and a puch mower?

Again, I am talking about people asking questions about financing or they already have the cash for one……only about 5 percent of the time do we even take our walk behinds off our trailers…..it just seems like MOST of the time a larger walk behind is a waste of money?
I wondered that also, 60" is nice, but at walking speed? A smaller rider could be more productive than that. Unless customers don't want riders on there bigger lawns, I'd have to say more your own yard then!!

STIHL GUY
01-19-2010, 11:50 AM
i have a 48'' WB. its much more productive than a 36'' and i was able to pay cash for it. if i ad bought a ZTR i would still be trying to pay it off

AOD
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Bought a 60" Z master last fall, couldn't be happier with it. It's hard to mow at 7 MPH with a walk behind, but it's great exercise.

Also, whats with those GrandStands, they look uncomfortable.