PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Commercial Bid

HARRIS Property Management
01-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Im working on a bid for a condominium complex for the homeowner association. I believe I got down the mowing, shrubs and fert but I was wondering what to charge for pruning Palm trees. Any of you florida guys or coastal guys charging by the tree?

I have 41 larger palms. When I say larger I mean they are in the 18 to 25 tall range.

I have 7 medium palms in the 10 to 15 tall range.

And 26 Crape myrtles.

Generally a twice a year on the palms and your standard once a year on the crapes.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Also do you guys put out any fert for the palms?

01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Uploaded a few pics for visuals

AzLawnMan
01-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Are you gonna do them yourself or sub those out? I usually charge $40 a palm. Tell them you will include the smaller ones at no charge. Any palm 9ft or smaller are usually included in my contract anyways. Anything above that is the $40 charge. Those dont look to bad and if you are just starting out, charge them $20-$25 a palm, then after your there for awhile raise the price up. HOA's arent for everybody, so my advice is get in good with them. If its easy dont charge them for the little things. It will go a long way at getting them to trust you. It took me 6 months and now a new HOA doesnt even question the bills. Tread lightly for a few months, earn their trust. Also put in your contract that only your company alone can trim the trees and palms, that will prevent them from getting outside prices. Good luck

01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
No we are doing them ourselves.